Corsair Community

iCUE v3.7.99 Patch Notes

Corsair James

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I've just done a fresh install of windows on my new HDD. I then installed iCue, but it is using a ton of CPU. I have uninstalled it, then reinstalled it, rebooted, same thing..

Latest version downloaded from the official website.

Please define "A ton of CPU". Last I checked, CPU usage wasn't measured in pounds, so I'm having a hard time understanding how 2000lbs of CPU is being used.

Please define "A ton of CPU". Last I checked, CPU usage wasn't measured in pounds, so I'm having a hard time understanding how 2000lbs of CPU is being used.

There's a picture to illustrate it. Maybe look at that before replying in a facetious manner?!

Can we please get a setting to disable hard drive monitoring in a future update? This is causing mechanical hard drives to sync themselves roughly every 5 seconds which prevents the drives from sleeping while having to hear an annoying sync/click constantly.

I've just done a fresh install of windows on my new HDD. I then installed iCue, but it is using a ton of CPU. I have uninstalled it, then reinstalled it, rebooted, same thing..

Latest version downloaded from the official website.

Hey, hey!

Noticed your specs list Vengeance RGB Pro as your memory. The high cpu use is from using the new iCUE memory option Software Control, found under Settings. Disable it and return to hardware mode, which by doing so, will also remove the new layering features. This issue has been bugged to Corsair already.

If Enable full software control was not checked under the Settings tab of your Vengeance RGB Pro, then it may be another issue altogether.

Can we please get a setting to disable hard drive monitoring in a future update? This is causing mechanical hard drives to sync themselves roughly every 5 seconds which prevents the drives from sleeping while having to hear an annoying sync/click constantly.

Hey, hey!

v3.7.99 has a checkbox next to each hard drive you have. You can find this feature under System Information within the Dashboard TAB. Press the + to expand the drop down menu, select System Information to expand again, and uncheck the drives you no longer want to monitor.

There's a picture to illustrate it. Maybe look at that before replying in a facetious manner?!

Maybe you should post more accurate statements rather than resorting to hyperbole?!

And ... that's a problem with the software control of the RAM. Disable it and see if it reduces. (BTW: Known issue and it's being investigated.)

IF that's the case, then it is a change that you made. Maybe do a little investigation before resorting to hyperbole?!

Maybe you should post more accurate statements rather than resorting to hyperbole?!

And ... that's a problem with the software control of the RAM. Disable it and see if it reduces. (BTW: Known issue and it's being investigated.)

IF that's the case, then it is a change that you made. Maybe do a little investigation before resorting to hyperbole?!

Hey, hey!

Noticed your specs list Vengeance RGB Pro as your memory. The high cpu use is from using the new iCUE memory option Software Control, found under Settings. Disable it and return to hardware mode, which by doing so, will also remove the new layering features. This issue has been bugged to Corsair already.

If Enable full software control was not checked under the Settings tab of your Vengeance RGB Pro, then it may be another issue altogether.

I don't have it enabled, not since I found that out. That was causing corsair.service to run high CPU.

My issue is with iCUE.exe running over 20% constantly. If I close and reopen it, no issue. As soon as I bring it to the front, the CPU goes up. It stays high when iCue is minimised to the taskbar. The only way I can have it running without the issue, is by restarting it and leaving it - never bringing it to the front.

The new version of icue has a click-through problem. With my scimitar I have one of my side buttons set to close a program I use frequently, I also have the same button bound as the back button when used in windows explorer or browsers. If I hit the button to exit the program, now it exits the program and immediately also goes back a level/screen if my mouse is over an explorer/browser window after the program is closed. In the previous version of icue this didn't happen.

One button press used to do only one action. Now it is doing an action from two separate profiles.

Hey, hey!

v3.7.99 has a checkbox next to each hard drive you have. You can find this feature under System Information within the Dashboard TAB. Press the + to expand the drop down menu, select System Information to expand again, and uncheck the drives you no longer want to monitor.

Unfortunately, that doesn't work. Even if you aren't showing the hard drives in the dashboard, the software is still monitoring or doing something to the drives behind the scenes.

Every 5-10 seconds, you can hear an audible hard drive sync noise.

If I uninstall iCue, the problem stops. If I downgrade to iCue 3.4.95 and below, the problem also goes away.

I think the fix would be to completely remove mechanical hard drive monitoring or fix it where the hard drives aren't touched until you check the boxes to monitor them.

I'll have to stay on 3.4.95 until this is fixed.

It's worth noting that the Corsair Link program had this problem for a very long time until until hard drive monitoring was finally stripped out.

I would like to chime in on the latest release of iCue, updated this morning and unfortunately, while the CPU usage has been fixed for me for quite some versions, this version expanded the 'pc is locked so I got to rainbow mode problem' from just my headphone stand to my headphone stand AND 3/4 of my vengeance RGB RAM dimms. The fourth is not affected for whatever reason..

So it used to work that when I locked my PC, my DIMM slots remained in the static color that I put them on, they also remained lit when the pc was in standby (but that is another issue I suppose), but at least they didnt go to color cycle mode. Now when I lock my windows, they go color cycling like my ST100 already does.

Is the incoming fix going to fix this problem for all devices once and for all? The irony is that when I kill the iCue process in the taskmanager, it actually works and remains on the static colors as it should, both for the headphone stand as the DIM slots

FFS....I mean, months later I'm giving this a shot again and it's worse. It doesn't even detect I have a H110i installed. Don't bother telling me to do all the usual tricks to get it to see the AIO. WTF. It does see my K70 Keyboard and my M65 Pro (which isn't detected about every 5th boot just like the earlier model regardless of the software and you all know about this long standing issue too). I mean, I just want the simplest of things, set a simple static profiles, save them to the device and move on. Can you folks manage that? Can you?

Hi Corsair.

Why button on side of the mouse dont work when iCUE is on? For example when i press the button which i have mapped in game it doesnt work, but when i turn off iCUE it somehow works. Pleae fix it fast, i didint bought RGB mouse i keybord to not use it features.

Archived