Corsair Community

Random keys flickering / flashing

qbix

Pardon the bump but, was this ever resolved? I too am noticing that certain lights 'flicker' abnormal colors when certain lightning effects are applied. Did going over the logs result in anything? How about flashing the firmware?

They have never fixed this problem. Here is their "solution" to this: change usb ports/reflash firmware/finally get new motherboard. :eek:

Here is fresh review of K70 Mk2 published yesterday and as you can see in 03:48 (lock key) problem still occurs.

[ame=

]
[/ame]

• 3 months later...

I've had this problem out the box with me Strafe RGB.

If any key animated in any way, other keys will flash. I logged a ticket and they said they are happy to replace it but I'm not sure it'll fix things. Especially after reading all these posts.

Over 2 years I had this issue and I've been avoiding using any animated lighting effects for as much time because I, unlike others find it so off-putting when random keys are flashing.

I've tried everything above to resolve this my end.

It's just not good enough!

• 5 weeks later...

Hello,

first time on the forum, but I had to share my experience.

I am on my third k70 LUX I think and they all had the same problem. This one got it yesterday: a bunch of keys (num block, del, underscore, comma and others) started flickering and I don't use any effect, only static colors. Some flicker even with no effect, the stop media key for example.

The only way I can fix it is by unistalling the program and keep the basic lighting. I don't know it it is software or not, but it is kinda strange that it would happen randomly with no changes in drivers or pc parts.

I cannot really recommend this keyboard or any keyboard from corsair, to me they are just horrible. Some keys have a metallic spring sound to them and the RGB will fail you eventually.

I won't buy another corsair peripherals ever again, i will stick with their PSUs or colling systems at most.

Archived