Corsair Community

Major issue with down arrow and scrolling

Mrkee

Ok, so something just happened from nowhere 2h ago, that make me really upset.

I was browsing about 1h ago, and my keyboard Strafe RGB brown started acting out like i've never seen before, i couldn't open anything, couldn't close mozilla,it was scrolling down uncontrollably typing letters,also immediately opened the mozilla history bar, selected by itself the "more detail" thing, and was switching through all the options there with a fraction of second between them, i freaked out, i restarted, once restarted my keyboard wasn't lit, was full black, no scroll lock, or num lock, lights, nothing, full black, i unplugged it, replugged it, all black but all 3lock lights were on, WTF, the rest black, i couldn't type, CUE was not recognizing my keyboard, so i tried on my laptop, same thing, then i uninstalled CUE, installed it, pluged in the keyboard, waited a bit, it recognized it, the insane closing and selecting stuff stopped, but i was getting malfunction, so i updated CUE, then i tried to update the software, was stuck at 3%, i changed the cable with the data on a USB3.0 no problem after, im on last CUE and 1.33firmware, but when i change through the 500hz and 1000hz pooling lets say i go from 500->1k it tells me device undetected for 1 sec, then goes to normal, is that ok? a few min ago, on my desktop i have recycle bin on the lower right, if i was to select an icon and press down arrow it would automatically drag that icon to the recycle bin, and if i were to press it in mozilla, the popout tab with "clear recent history" also it woulve scrolled down for no reason without pressing anything....i literally have no clue what happened, i even did a full anti-virus scan.

Btw: i only have x1 usb 2.0 and x1. 3.0 available, i have the usb that has the keyboard draw in a 2.0 and the data one in a 3.0 is that correct?

• Corsair Employee
when i change through the 500hz and 1000hz pooling lets say i go from 500->1k it tells me device undetected for 1 sec, then goes to normal, is that ok? a few min ago, on my desktop i have recycle bin on the lower right, if i was to select an icon and press down arrow it would automatically drag that icon to the recycle bin, and if i were to press it in mozilla, the popout tab with "clear recent history" also it woulve scrolled down for no reason without pressing anything....i literally have no clue what happened, i even did a full anti-virus scan.

Btw: i only have x1 usb 2.0 and x1. 3.0 available, i have the usb that has the keyboard draw in a 2.0 and the data one in a 3.0 is that correct?

Whenever you switch polling rate, it will disconnect and reconnect which is normal. You should plug the cable with keyboard icon to usb 3.0 and the other to 2.0. The second connection is only for the pass through.

Archived