Corsair Community

CUE 1.8.122 Patch Notes

Not sure if it's related to to CUE update or just some other coincidence, but after updating the CUE software when I startup Windows 8.1 it takes much longer (almost a minute) for the CUE software/drivers (among my other startup software) to load up when they used to take about 10-20 seconds (I have Windows and CUE installed on an SSD). Has anyone else had this issue before? I use a K95 RGB Cherry MX Blue keyboard if that adds any relevance to the issue.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Not sure if it's related to to CUE update or just some other coincidence, but after updating the CUE software when I startup Windows 8.1 it takes much longer (almost a minute) for the CUE software/drivers (among my other startup software) to load up when they used to take about 10-20 seconds (I have Windows and CUE installed on an SSD). Has anyone else had this issue before? I use a K95 RGB Cherry MX Blue keyboard if that adds any relevance to the issue.

might be the first restart and CUE is trying to sort it self out?

might be the first restart and CUE is trying to sort it self out?

I was originally thinking the same thing, but it's happened both yesterday after I updated it and today. I've tried rebooting a couple times today and it hasn't changed. It might be entirely unrelated to the CUE update, but I haven't updated or changed anything else so I was curious to see if any others have experienced something similar.

cue needs to have a 512 colour wheel seperate

Now that would be nifty. As to the "update" ("downdate"), just as well I read here and thus sticking to the cardinal principle "its-good-enough-now-and-working-so-don't-fiddle." Small comfort for others that need an update..

I hate to be that guy that gets on the forums and flames. But seriously? Is this a real patch?

You have a sticky post that we can add feature requests, and not one feature added?

You say you've fixed mode switching bug, have you?

It took 2 months for you guys to come up with THIS patch? Really?

Here's an idea - stop changing your logo and start supporting your customers.

I hate to be that guy that gets on the forums and flames. But seriously? Is this a real patch?

You have a sticky post that we can add feature requests, and not one feature added?

You say you've fixed mode switching bug, have you?

It took 2 months for you guys to come up with THIS patch? Really?

Here's an idea - stop changing your logo and start supporting your customers.

I too am disappointed with this update, but I imagine the development team is pretty small and their resources limited.

• Corsair Employee
Hi all, there was a miscommunication internally and FW 1.30 was not available for uploading. We're working on getting it up ASAP but for those of you who want it now, I've attached it to this post as an attachment. Simply unzip and choose the file that fits your keyboard.

1.30 FW.zip

Hi all, there was a miscommunication internally and FW 1.30 was not available for uploading. We're working on getting it up ASAP but for those of you who want it now, I've attached it to this post as an attachment. Simply unzip and choose the file that fits your keyboard.

The mode change works perfectly with firmware 1.30.

During the update a drive was created on my PC called CRP DISABLD.

It was 128kb big and contained firmware.bin.

Is this intended or a bug in CUE/firmware updater?

I'm running CUE 1.8.120

• Corsair Employee
During the update a drive was created on my PC called CRP DISABLD.

It was 128kb big and contained firmware.bin.

Is this intended or a bug in CUE/firmware updater?

I'm running CUE 1.8.120

Unplug and replug keyboard. That is the bootloader that contains the firmware. Once you do so, the keyboard will properly cycle itself to load what you just updated.

Unplug and replug keyboard. That is the bootloader that contains the firmware. Once you do so, the keyboard will properly cycle itself to load what you just updated.

Yep I did that but I thought I should mention it since I don't remember this happening before.

Now another issue, but i don't know weather it's meant to be this way. I want to hold alt gr in order to have the lighting different, but i also want alt gr to keep it's function (in the german keyboard it's needed to sele ct the brackets [] and {} ). is there a way to keep the functionality and switch the lighting at the same time or is it exclusive to each other?

Now another issue, but i don't know weather it's meant to be this way. I want to hold alt gr in order to have the lighting different, but i also want alt gr to keep it's function (in the german keyboard it's needed to sele ct the brackets [] and {} ). is there a way to keep the functionality and switch the lighting at the same time or is it exclusive to each other?

You could use the left Strg+Alt that has the same effect as Alt Gr, but that'd be just a workaround.

No, if you assign a macro or a mode/profile switch the button does not retain it's original function. That said I know that someone made a tutorial on how to achieve this even thought CUE doesn't support it directly in the interface, but I can't find the thread.

You could use the left Strg+Alt that has the same effect as Alt Gr, but that'd be just a workaround.

No, if you assign a macro or a mode/profile switch the button does not retain it's original function. That said I know that someone made a tutorial on how to achieve this even thought CUE doesn't support it directly in the interface, but I can't find the thread.

Here ya go

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?p=780724

They're probably updating the branding for that mouse. It's the same mouse, though. Just a bit different looking.

It makes no sense for the Corsair software on my computer to show a different mouse than the one I'm using. I hope that's not what they plan on using as a new design anyway. It looks hideous. The original Sails logo still looks better than any of the new ones they've come up with. All this pointless change instead of focusing on what matters is really annoying.

Archived