Corsair Community

Ultimate laggless rainbow

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So, I can buy the keyboard without problem? Spectrum Colors Cycling work very fine like BlackWidow Chroma? :D

EDIT: Can you make same video without 16,8 million color please (only 512 colors)? That way I could compare flicker between the two videos.

Yes, this particular profile will be fine. Plus, if it's not fitting your expectations i believe you can return it (though I don't work with Corsair so I really don't know the policy)

IMHO: Corsair makes the best RGB keyboard hands down. It has real cherry mx switches, a sweet aluminum backplate, in depth software, ability to assign macros to EVERY key, and they changed the logo away from the tramp stamp.

Color cycling will work very well with very little - if any - flicker on the KXX RGB series.*

*statement made while on firmware 1.20 and is not affiliated with Corsair

It wouldn't really be worth it. If you want to do spectrum cycling over 25 seconds, you will have to use 16.8 million colors, not 512.

I would suggest getting the keyboard on Amazon and trying it out yourself :)

Maybe get both and retun the one you like less. I think you'll like the Corsair board better though

I have had the k95 for about 7 or 8 months and nothing has ever broken on it.

One of mine has even been spilled on and continues to work absolutely fine, lights and all.

Yes, I have this profile on both my keyboards and have no problems.

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
How can I convert the profile for CUE2?

You can import a CUE1 profile into CUE2.

Then, you can use CUE2 to make any changes you want, and then when you export the profile, it will be a .cueprofile specific to CUE2, even if the originally imported profile was made in CUE1.

My sample profile shows the original gradient, which I use as a background for the keyboard, was happily imported/converted/exported by CUE2. I made a copy of this gradient, and changed just the timing, setting it to be used on pressed key to show key presses as a radically sped-up colorburst, and I added a slow colorless ripple with varying opacity so that it will interact with the rainbow gradient in the background, so that your keys will show colors such as black and white as well as different intensity of the rainbow hues that would not be displayed by using the original profile's gradient on its own.

It is conceivable that perhaps this profile can cause all 16,777,216 possible color values to show up on the keyboard--I am not quite sure, as I haven't looked into the details of the rainbow colormap on which this is based.

If anybody knows a color that this profile cannot show, do let me know, as well as any ideas on a profile that will logically show every possible RGB color at some time on the keyboard.

K95Lagless Rainbow.cueprofile

Archived