Corsair Community

Ultimate laggless rainbow

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have AZERTY (French) keyboard. :/

Any key will do as long as it has the rainbow effect on it. The lighting effect is named J_rainbow and should be applied to all the keys, but I'm not sure if it will work by default with the French layout. If it doesn't, you can still download the profile, clear it, and highlight the keys you wish to have the rainbow effect. Then, apply J_rainbow to the group of keys and edit the light however you wish.

Ok, I will try!

And, what is the time in seconds to have same spectrum cycling of Razer BlackWidow Chroma? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UmQtTCO0KiQ

Can you create new profile: Spectrum cycling like Razer BlackWidow Chroma please?

Jkraghify is the person who replied to you in the thread you made about this.

Follow either his advice or mine from that thread. It's not very hard to do through CUE at all.

Jkraghify is the person who replied to you in the thread you made about this.

Follow either his advice or mine from that thread. It's not very hard to do through CUE at all.

i feel like people dont try to learn it, they just instantly go for help. i learned all of cue by myself, no tutorials or anything, and now im making requests for everyone. it just requires some patience to learn and an hour to spare.

i feel like people dont try to learn it, they just instantly go for help. i learned all of cue by myself, no tutorials or anything, and now im making requests for everyone. it just requires some patience to learn and an hour to spare.

hence why i dont make my own profiles and i jsut convert others. Then i can say nope if they want a lighting effect changed.

hence why i dont make my own profiles and i jsut convert others. Then i can say nope if they want a lighting effect changed.

well with no one to take requests for 3 weeks since ill be gone, WERE DOOMED! :P ill still add them to the list for me to make later when im back tho. i can only image how big the list will get.

Ok thanks!

But, if it's very slow (like Razer BlackWidow Chroma), it's possible to enable create profile with 16,8 millions of colors (total spectrum) without problem?

Because, currently there is only 1330 colors.

Where are you getting 1330?

Of course it's possible with 16.8m. Just give it a try!

Oups! There is 1530 colors.

The BlackWidow Chroma with Spectrum Cycling have more colors or not?

There are 1530 steps in this rainbow. That doesn't equate to 1530 colours, since there is blending in between each one. As we've answered several times before, this keyboard supports 16.8 million colours. The Chroma supports 16.8 million colours. Spectrum Cycling is just a mode on the Chroma that you can easily reproduce in CUE.

You can easily reproduce the cycling by making a 6 or so step gradient in CUE and just apply it to the whole keyboard. Have you tried playing around in CUE, yet?

This profile, like others have said, has 1530 color markers. These 1530 colors are the colors from the top of the RGB spectrum (meaning at least one and at most two of the RGB values are 255)

If i were to put in 16.8 million colors, it would include desaturated versions of all the colors,which i don't think look very interesting. Plus, the one gradient included in this profile is already huge (over 1530 lines of code in the .prf file. If it were to include all 16.8 million colors, the profile would be more than 1000x larger than it already is and would slow down starting CUE (believe me, i have created some very complex profiles that got up around the 40 MB mark and they really slowed down CUE)

So no, this does not have 16.8 million colors, but it's by design. Even if you slow this profile down to cycle once an hour (or even more) you will not see any color stuttering--the colors are directly adjacent to each other at the top of the RGB spectrum.

I have to really look hard for it, but it's there. It's almost impossible to notice though if you are typing.

Really? :/

I have not yet purchased the keyboard, and I hesitate because of that.

Is it possible to have a short video with the gradient at a speed about of 25 seconds (like Spectrum Cycling of Razer BlackWidow Chroma)? Please.

If it looks good, I bought the keyboard right away and, upon receipt, I will install this profile.

I'll see what I can do. My computer is not set up right now though (just moved a couple days ago and I've been more busy with work)

If anyone else makes the video before me that would be appreciated.

Just a general statement regarding the flicker problem: it's obvious on most complex profiles and makes them look terrible; however, it works really well for some other profiles. The true advantage of the corsair keyboard over the Razer or Logitech boards are the super complex and artistic profiles made by the community. I don't think either of these competing boards have the same level of complexity in their software--and that is why I chose the corsair board. (Well, that--and the corsair board is the ONLY one of the three to use real cherry switches we all know so well!)

I'd like to point out that the software I made can also do the colour spectrum fade thing, except through pure code instead of through CUE. There are many things that you can do with these keyboards and frankly I'd take Corsair over Razer any day. Better switches, aluminum board (Razer is plastic), better company as a whole, and more customization as far as I know.

Sure, I'll show what it looks like with each mode enabled.

Thank you very much!

I'd like to point out that the software I made can also do the colour spectrum fade thing, except through pure code instead of through CUE. There are many things that you can do with these keyboards and frankly I'd take Corsair over Razer any day. Better switches, aluminum board (Razer is plastic), better company as a whole, and more customization as far as I know.

Yes, the Corsair is really the best value in its manufacture.

The only thing that bothers me is this problem éclérage (flicker when the mode 16.8 million color is enabled). The Razer does not have this light problem.

With KeyboardSpectrograph-v0.6.2.zip, I can create spectrum cycling with flicker issue? Explain me please.

Finally, I would like MX Brown but Razer BlackWidow Chroma is available only with the MX Blue (Razer Green) in French. So...

Either I take a Corsair or I expect future keyboards (Ducky Shine 5).

The flicker is not on the spectrograph. It is there only when 16.8 million colors is turned on. (I am 99% certain that Elistriel's spectrogrpah operates using the 512 colors. She can correct me if I am wrong here :D)

Spectrum cycling is largely flicker free. I am unpacking today after work, so I can show you in around 10 hours. The flicker mostly happens when there are multiple colors dancing around the board at the same time. In spectrum cycling, the board only displays 1 color in a given instant of time, so the flicker is minimal, as I hope the video captures later tonight.

Without 16.8 million colors, the spectrum cycling needs to move quickly to look fluid. With 16.8 million colors, it can move at any speed while looking fluid.

Finally, I would like MX Brown but Razer BlackWidow Chroma is available only with the MX Blue (Razer Green) in French. So...

Either I take a Corsair or I expect future keyboards (Ducky Shine 5).

I've used them, and believe me, the Razer Greens don't feel anywhere near as good as Cherry Blues. My S/O has a Das with Blues and it's so insanely superior to the Razer switches.

Honnêtement tu peux tout faire avec les claviers Corsair que tu pourrais faire sur les Razer, mais ils sont de supérieure qualité et il y a plus de support externe, comme mon application et ceux que les autres ont créés aussi. Tu n’as qu’à regarder des vidéos de ce que ces programmes peuvent faire pour voir cela.

De plus, comme j’ai mentionnée, en termes tactiles, les MX sont incroyablement supérieurs.

The flicker is not on the spectrograph. It is there only when 16.8 million colors is turned on. (I am 99% certain that Elistriel's spectrogrpah operates using the 512 colors. She can correct me if I am wrong here :D)

Yup, still 512. There's far too much motion to really be worth running 16.8m, and the flickering on top of very quick animations (the spectro runs at 50+ frames per second now) would basically be a seizure-fest, and I'm sure it wouldn't be good for the LEDs, either.

Here's the video! The flicker in the video is exaggerated on this profile. I see absolutely no flicker, but my camera (crappy point-and-shoot) does.

The "flicker" that your camera is picking up is the same flicker it would pick up if you pointed it at your computer screen. It's just the refresh rate of the LEDs, which is probably 60Hz. That's kind of a universal thing, though, and isn't usually noticeable by eye. :)

Archived