Corsair Community

No RGB when between windows accounts

Hi Guys

I recently purchased a K95 Platinum keyboard on the recommendation of my son, however, I have an issue with it that has been driving me nuts.

Whenever I am not actually in a windows account, my keyboard does not light up.  This is happens when I first turn on the pc or when I switch between my work account or my personal account.  As my pc is in a dark corner of the room, a light up keyboard is essential so I can actually type in my account password to login to the account.   

I have even been though every profile and made sure they all have a lighting profile (even the ones for my wireless ironclaw mouse) but it has made no difference at all.  We tried uninstalling the iCue software and resetting the keyboard and mouse, but I still have no lighting in between accounts,

Any advise would be grateful.

On cold boot there will be a dark period before the KB is initialized in the loading and prior to BIOS entry options. Nothing you can do about that, but after that and anytime you are in a non-Windows state the KB should drop into hardware mode. This is the onboard storage instructions and can contain both actions and limited lighting (1 preset OR up to 5 custom effects). You should be able to set up a few options. 

It is possible to save hardware lighting from any software profile in CUE (hardware lighting tab). However, I do find it easier to keep track of what is where by using the special hardware profiles named something like K95P HW1, HW2, and HW3. These are likely at the bottom your profile list. Go to HW1, then the hardware lighting tab. Pick an effect (static white, etc) and apply. Then in device settings there should be a save to slot mechanism. Save it to slot 1. If you don’t see a standard save progress bar and confirmation, something is wrong and we need to try and troubleshoot. This can be done with different effects in slots 2 (HW2) and 3 (HW3), then switched using the profile button above F2 when CUE is not running. 

Edited by c-attack

• 2 months later...
On 9/26/2021 at 11:58 PM, c-attack said:

On cold boot there will be a dark period before the KB is initialized in the loading and prior to BIOS entry options. Nothing you can do about that, but after that and anytime you are in a non-Windows state the KB should drop into hardware mode. This is the onboard storage instructions and can contain both actions and limited lighting (1 preset OR up to 5 custom effects). You should be able to set up a few options. 

It is possible to save hardware lighting from any software profile in CUE (hardware lighting tab). However, I do find it easier to keep track of what is where by using the special hardware profiles named something like K95P HW1, HW2, and HW3. These are likely at the bottom your profile list. Go to HW1, then the hardware lighting tab. Pick an effect (static white, etc) and apply. Then in device settings there should be a save to slot mechanism. Save it to slot 1. If you don’t see a standard save progress bar and confirmation, something is wrong and we need to try and troubleshoot. This can be done with different effects in slots 2 (HW2) and 3 (HW3), then switched using the profile button above F2 when CUE is not running. 

I have the same lighting profile copied into all three of the hardware profiles ion the keyboard but if I switch between my windows work profile and my windows personal profile it still defaults to only the ASDF lit in red when am between the accounts.

I have tried resetting both the keyboard and mouse and uninstalling the software and it works normal for a few days but then it reverts back again. 

At this point my only option seems to be factory resetting the whole pc and starting everything from scratch.