Corsair Community

Corsair Utility Engine locking up / constant malfunctions

Woofington

Mine has been running since release with zero issues. Keyboard lighting has not locked up yet. Much better from that perspective.

mine had been running with zero issues since release until i updated corsair gaming software to corsair utility engine. i really wonder what the problem is :/.

• 1 month later...

Wondering if there has been any update on this issue. I have the same problem with my K95 RGB. The problem persists after a reimage from Win8.1 to Win10 (both 64bit). All drivers and software versions are the most up to date including the CUE (v1.2.77).

Keyboard continues to function, but CUE becomes unresponsive and lighting halts. CUE reports Malfunction. This lockup seems to be associated with various other applications. Steam seems to trigger it randomly, Kodi (formerly known as XBMC) causes it consistently. Andyroid (Android tablet VM) will do it 90% of the time.

Sometimes I can postpone the lockup by configuring CUE to delay startup on boot and ensuring these other applications are running before it starts, but even then it will eventually seize, especially if I do any minimizing of these applications. When the seize occurs, not only does the previously mentioned keyboard Malfunction happen, but each of the respective applications becomes completely unresponsive and must be forced closed in task manager. The affected applications cannot be restarted without a reboot. If I set CUE to not load at all, none of these applications have any problems running (but then why bother having this keyboard if I can't use the bloody software needed to run all the features?)

I have gone through the whole support ticket route with no resolution, and after going through all the steps outlined in this thread have been told that they would like me to try calling customer support which conveniently is only available during my work hours.

Hope this thread is still being read!

• 2 years later...

Hi, it is now 2017 and I am having the same problem with a K95 and Scimitar mouse. I love both of these products for work and gaming and they worked just fine for months but now CUE keeps crashing and I can't use my macros or lighting. Was there ever a solution?

Please help if you can as I can't live without my macros!

Many thanks.

• 2 weeks later...
I'm having this problem too and it started early September 2017. After running for a random amount of time the Corsair Utility Engine will crash and my lighting will lock up. I have a Strafe RGB and it usually happens when I'm playing CS:GO. I wonder if it's a conflict with some other software or hardware on my system.

Archived