Corsair Community

Corsair Gaming and the Sails Logo: The Official Corsair Statement

Yellowbeard

What's really depressing about the whole logo issue is that Corsair seems to have completely mixed up their potential customers. The ones who spend money on "gaming" products will rather buy an expensive GPU every year and type on a budget keyboard. People who are willing to spend 150$ and more on a keyboard are enthusiasts. Take me for example: I really don't need a new keyboard. I've already got a Q-Pad MK-80 (which also has some gaming branding on it, but it fits the overall style and is a very dark grey) and a Filco Majestouch TKL (which cost as much as the K70 RGB), but I would still buy a Corsair RGB in a heart beat because its an exciting piece of technology.

And the fix for this problem (well, at least for the keyboards, the M65 seems to be stuck with the tramp stamp) is really simple: Print a replacement sticker with the old logo and put it in the boxes. Pretty please!:[pouts:

Any chance of K65 RGB with original sails logo?

And maybe MX Blue/Brown as an option?

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not to repeat myself too much, but as I mentioned in the Facebook post on Corsair's page, and in a different thread here (re-posting since a Corsair rep told to keep the chat in this thread): If all you wanted to do was to make a symmetrical logo that looks more appealing to the human eye (we love symmetry), why not stick more to the old one? I've mentioned it before, and linked the picture, so in danger of repeating myself too often, here:

http://i.imgur.com/DkCSbYUl.jpg

This is a quick mock-up I did of a more flat, symmetrical logo that keeps the sail, as well as adding the "gaming weapon" to the logo. It's not perfect by any means, but I'm not a professional logo designer either.

I just don't get why Corsair would completely alienate the new "gaming" brand from the original logo.

Edit: Also, at the very least, offer people a badge they can replace the new logo with. Either as a purchasable accessory or include it in the packaging. And why on earth you guys would limit the old logo to the version that already has it is beyond me. This is both double-talk ("let's say something that doesn't change anything we already do, but pretend it's something amazing in response to critics") and lazy. Sure, it costs money to have two logos, but realistically, what is the extra cost in including a replaceable logo? And more importantly, would that increase the retail price of they keyboard a whole lot? I'm fairly certain I'm not alone in saying that I would easily pay a few dollars extra for that option.

I had typed out a huge post stating how I go to Corsair for the majority of parts for both personal and work machines but decided against posting it, instead I just want to say I'm with everyone else and can't stand the new Corsair Gaming logo.

Don't get me wrong, I have nothing against creating the sub brand "Corsair Gaming", I understand why people don't want the devices to have "Gaming" printed on them but I personally have no issue with that.

I do have an issue with the colouring though. A yellow "Gaming" font does not go or even belong on a device which has a main selling point of full colour customisation.

I'm also worried about the new mice. I've been waiting for the M95 RGB as it's obvious it's coming, but I really don't want that glowing logo on my mouse. Especially when it's on top of a Corsair MM200 Wide mouse mat with the original, elegant Corsair sails logo.

For me the perfect solution would be to provide a swappable logo for the K70/95 keyboards so we can pick the Cherry MXs we want with the RGB colouring but without the logo and coloured text. Obviously this is difficult with the mice as the logo is in the chassis, but something needs to be done.

Until I can pick up a classic branded K70 RGB with Cherry MX Browns in UK format and a matching M95, I will continue with my current, dying, non-mechanical keyboard. Nothing wrong with my mouse but after something with more thumb buttons, so this is more about when I can no longer put up with them and want replacements. Even just the K70 RGB with original logo and the original, non-RGB M95 will do, but not buying the original mouse until I know what's going on with the keyboards.

Please Corsair, offer the K70 RGB and M95 with the original logo and neutral text colouring. I really don't want to go with my backup choice (Which I didn't have until this morning as I didn't think I'd need one!).

Also, as it's not being said enough (Or even at all). Please keep up the good work. Every company makes a bad decision at some time but most correct it and move on. Also, thanks to YellowBeard and Corsair Dustin, enjoy your weekends and hope your knee is better soon!

M_Taylor40

"professionalism" is the word im using to describe this failure.

I dont care what logo you use on your webstites. on your software. or what kind of tramp stamp you tattoo on yourself.

but when im waiting for an year to have an keyboard with this design http://vonguru.fr/wp-content/uploads/image/k70rgb.jpg

you should't RUIN it by making it an square spot with an YELLOW!!! :eek::wtfeh::flamethro

sticker on it !!

http://images.anandtech.com/doci/8556/CGK70RGB_16.JPG

really?! was no one on the office there like "thats kinda ugly man.."

okay and lets say im just one of the only 7,000 "small amount" of people being annoying about this.

do you REALLY REALLY think ANYONE would preffer 14y old tramp stamp design over an chrome proffesional logo?

how about the HUGE amount of people that are buying this keyboard for NON gaming purposes? LIKE ME. (not like 14 year old gamers got money for this anyways)

to the dude that thought this was an great idea professionalism dude! professionalism.

and if you still want to be the jerk company then go ahead and make them the fugly way you want to have them, but atleast give the people choice to buy the old one with all switches.

if not i wont buy an single corsair product anymore. id be an real shame to see an boycot happen. :sigh!:

Greets from an long waiting, every week checking if i could buy it already, very dissapointed customer in holland.:(:

The new logo does not suit the style of the K70 RGB or any of the Corsair keyboards for that matter. I don't hate the new graphic but the new colour scheme (white and yellow) is garish and doesn't really flow well with the subtle black anodised look of the K series keyboards.

But if you look on this page - http://gaming.corsair.com/en-au/landing/contest - you can see many of the products are now featuring yellow highlights.

It's been a day and no one word from Corsair to reply to any of our questions.

Why just K70 RGB with Red switches and not browns or blues.

Maybe because they manufactured a lot more K70's with red switches with the old logo before they introduced the new logo?

The logo is removable, therefore replacement logos can be made by Corsair

or a third party supplier of custom badges for PC hardware.

It's not the end of the world.

Maybe because they manufactured a lot more K70's with red switches with the old logo before they introduced the new logo?

The logo is removable, therefore replacement logos can be made by Corsair

or a third party supplier of custom badges for PC hardware.

It's not the end of the world.

I know it's not the end of the world. We have tons of brands to choose from.

If Corsair was my company. I would of already asked my supplier in China to make the old sail logo and a blank one. I would allow my customers to choose which logo they want to display if any. Anyone that already purchased a RGB keyboard could request the old logo and a blank one free of charge.

Old sail logo

Gaming Logo

Blank one (no logo)

Lets say you have a limited exclusive on Cherry MX RGB switches and you wanted to sell as many RGB keyboards as you can before any competitors have access to the same RGB switches. Would you spend 10-20 cents extra per keyboard if it helps you sell more of them.

I hope Corsair CEO knows this could cause people not to buy other products his company makes.

Honestly after all this mess with the initial delay and the rage over the logos (which I still don't understand) and the fiasco with Newegg claiming they never received their shipment of keyboards which means an extra delay... Well I'm cancelling my pre order. This has been a nightmare thus far. I honestly can say I was on cloud nine when I saw the initial announcement out the RGB line of products coming out but the glitz and glamour of it all kind of wore thin after six months. I am not one of the folks raging over the logo but just this whole mess has been tiring. I think I may move on to another company for keyboards. When it comes to RAM and stuff I'll still support Corsair but this mess with the peripherals has worn me out.

Honestly after all this mess with the initial delay and the rage over the logos (which I still don't understand) and the fiasco with Newegg claiming they never received their shipment of keyboards which means an extra delay... Well I'm cancelling my pre order. This has been a nightmare thus far. I honestly can say I was on cloud nine when I saw the initial announcement out the RGB line of products coming out but the glitz and glamour of it all kind of wore thin after six months. I am not one of the folks raging over the logo but just this whole mess has been tiring. I think I may move on to another company for keyboards. When it comes to RAM and stuff I'll still support Corsair but this mess with the peripherals has worn me out.

Yeah...listening to other people "sewering" (lowering morale or causing dissension) is tough. Internet can be tough on some people. Good luck to ya.

Thanks. My tech enthusiasm has not died though. I've picked out my next keyboard that has some mighty interesting features on it that I want to put to the test. I'm gonna keep pushing my PC and my gaming and see what all I can do with the next generation of hardware and software coming down the pipe. I plan to continue supporting Corsair with all my RAM purchases but I'm calling it quits on the keyboard. I can't say who I'm going with as per forum rules but I think the future is bright.

I actually heard a rumor that Corsair management has changed and that the new target audience for all their products is the teenage gamer crowd due to being able to eventually use cheap components and just have high sales due to marketing, social media awareness, and gaming sponsorship's. Basically they want to be an even more "hip" version of Razer. You can see this in all their latest product styles and their new youtube gaming video with the soldiers. Hopefully it's complete bull but I would be wary of their products for the time being.

The funny thing is: i am a teenager. Well 18 years old. And I hate the new logo. The only friend I showed it to who liked it does now own a razer keyboard.

I'd much rather see the old logo back. It showed rhe class corsair delivers.

But that's my opinion.

Guys. Just change back... Or give both. Give us vengeance AND gaming. And look at the figures.

I know I am an 18 year old trying to consult a huge company. But listen. You will have greater figures and your custommers will be happier

A few years ago Netflix decided that they had an brilliant idea (one that they didn't bother to test with any focus groups, opinion polls, etc.). They decided to split their streaming and DVD services, raising the cost of being able to do both by 60%. Needless to say, their customers were pretty pissed.

In an effort to double down on their brilliant strategy, they then announced that they would further separate the two services, forcing customers to use two different websites, two different rating systems, and two different bills for what used to be a simple, combined, and less expensive service. Virtually overnight, they lost over a million customers, and their stock price dropped by around 70%.

As soon as they realized the colossal mistake they made, they reversed at least the worst of their decisions, but the damage had already been done, and they are still recovering. That one move opened the door for other streaming services such as Amazon Instant Video (among many others) to take a much greater market share from Netflix's hemorrhaged customers. Netflix went from being the go-to streaming service to one among many, and many of the new streaming services that are around today would have a much harder time competing with Netflix had Netflix not made that one really stupid and completely avoidable move.

Their two major mistakes were 1) not doing the proper amount of research and testing prior to moving forward with their plan, and 2) chasing good money after bad (i.e. deciding that since they had already sunk so much money into this decision, they needed to see it through come hell or high water). Having a contingency plan in place, such as someone else noted earlier, would also have helped with damage control.

Corsair, please don't chase good money after bad. The actions you guys are taking that Yellowbeard mentioned are a start, but some of it doesn't really make any sense, such as continuing to put the GAMING logo on keyboards with switches that non-gamers use, and only making the old logo available on keyboards with switches that are virtually only used by gamers. It seems like the exact opposite is what is called for right now.

I still plan to purchase a K95 with blues (whenever Amazon or Newegg can get their proverbial ****** together - I'm still rather confused by that whole mess), but I will remove or cover the new logo, choosing to trust that Corsair will do right by their customers in the coming weeks somehow or other. If you'd simply make a sticker with the old logo available to the rest of us that we can use to cover the new logo (preferably a nice one with raised, textured sails and letters), I think that would go a long way towards appeasing your customers in the short term. I, for one, would be a happy camper.

As for the long term, since you guys seem to really want to move forward with the rebranding, I would suggest choosing something that gets your point across in a classier way than GAMING, such as Corsair Elite or whatnot (and please, no bright potentially clashing colors on a keyboard designed around color customization). You could even stick an LED or two under the logo so that your customers can customize its color to match whatever scheme they choose.

Anyway, thanks for listening to us.

A few years ago Netflix decided that they had an brilliant idea (one that they didn't bother to test with any focus groups, opinion polls, etc.). They decided to split their streaming and DVD services, raising the cost of being able to do both by 60%. Needless to say, their customers were pretty pissed.

In an effort to double down on their brilliant strategy, they then announced that they would further separate the two services, forcing customers to use two different websites, two different rating systems, and two different bills for what used to be a simple, combined, and less expensive service. Virtually overnight, they lost over a million customers, and their stock price dropped by around 70%.

As soon as they realized the colossal mistake they made, they reversed at least the worst of their decisions, but the damage had already been done, and they are still recovering. That one move opened the door for other streaming services such as Amazon Instant Video (among many others) to take a much greater market share from Netflix's hemorrhaged customers. Netflix went from being the go-to streaming service to one among many, and many of the new streaming services that are around today would have a much harder time competing with Netflix had Netflix not made that one really stupid and completely avoidable move.

Their two major mistakes were 1) not doing the proper amount of research and testing prior to moving forward with their plan, and 2) chasing good money after bad (i.e. deciding that since they had already sunk so much money into this decision, they needed to see it through come hell or high water). Having a contingency plan in place, such as someone else noted earlier, would also have helped with damage control.

Corsair, please don't chase good money after bad. The actions you guys are taking that Yellowbeard mentioned are a start, but some of it doesn't really make any sense, such as continuing to put the GAMING logo on keyboards with switches that non-gamers use, and only making the old logo available on keyboards with switches that are virtually only used by gamers. It seems like the exact opposite is what is called for right now.

I still plan to purchase a K95 with blues (whenever Amazon or Newegg can get their proverbial ****** together - I'm still rather confused by that whole mess), but I will remove or cover the new logo, choosing to trust that Corsair will do right by their customers in the coming weeks somehow or other. If you'd simply make a sticker with the old logo available to the rest of us that we can use to cover the new logo (preferably a nice one with raised, textured sails and letters), I think that would go a long way towards appeasing your customers in the short term. I, for one, would be a happy camper.

As for the long term, since you guys seem to really want to move forward with the rebranding, I would suggest choosing something that gets your point across in a classier way than GAMING, such as Corsair Elite or whatnot (and please, no bright potentially clashing colors on a keyboard designed around color customization). You could even stick an LED or two under the logo so that your customers can customize its color to match whatever scheme they choose.

Anyway, thanks for listening to us.

Netflix changes were far more radical to their customers than Corsairs trival change of logos.

Its like comparing apples to oranges at its highest...

Netflix changes were far more radical to their customers than Corsairs trival change of logos.

It's not that far off, Corsair has apparently completely re-branded themselves as a cheap tweeney gaming company while keeping the old prices. Did they really think their current market would just go along with this all and ignore all the tramp stamps and GAMERZ marketing? I mean it's all over their front page. Are they even making any new enthusiast parts besides the ddr4 ram that's probably been ready to go for years? I think they're trying to completely change their target market. I wish them luck but I'm jumping ship (no pun intended) unless I see some major corrections SOON.

Sure, the Netflix example is more extreme than the issues with Corsair's logo, but the underlying dynamics are pretty similar - especially considering that the purpose of the RGB line is inherently centered around color customization, and more generally the appearance of the keyboard, both of which are infringed on by the logo itself (not just the design, but the cheap implementation - i.e. flat sticker as opposed to the textured sails) as well as by the garish yellow color.

It's not that far off, Corsair has apparently completely re-branded themselves as a cheap tweeney gaming company while keeping the old prices. Did they really think their current market would just go along with this all and ignore all the tramp stamps and GAMERZ marketing? I mean it's all over their front page. Are they even making any new enthusiast parts besides the ddr4 ram that's probably been ready to go for years? I think they're trying to completely change their target market. I wish them luck but I'm jumping ship (no pun intended) unless I see some major corrections SOON.

Parmenedes summed up netflix quite accurately

They decided to split their streaming and DVD services, raising the cost of being able to do both by 60%. Needless to say, their customers were pretty pissed.

In an effort to double down on their brilliant strategy, they then announced that they would further separate the two services, forcing customers to use two different websites, two different rating systems, and two different bills for what used to be a simple, combined, and less expensive service.

and Corsairs change that does not affect the customers pocket nor the actual product but only affects the logo

is as dynamic as Netflix's?:sigh!::thinking::hmmm:

I believe it's incorrect to call Corsair's logo change trivial, as shown in the response on this forum, and in many other venues. Most of us who have expressed our opinion on this issue are enthusiasts and we also highly value aesthetics. It takes all types of people to make this world go around.

In the previous sticky concerning this topic Corsair Dustin wrote: "...Even something as ostensibly insignificant as offering a replacement logo has repercussions." I'm not exactly sure what Dustin is implying, but I would guess that he's thinking that the board could become damaged in the process. As in taking a pocket knife to remove the old sticker and gluing a new one in place. I can see that being a problem when doing RMA's.

Maybe a low impact badge could be made available that could be applied over the existing logo, and if a RMA is needed a hair dryer could be used to remove the badge.

I'm just trying to help Corsair out here.

Im referring it to be trivial when comparing it to Netflix's situation.

Im sure its of different importance to some vs. others and while i myself do not prefer the new logo,its one of the easiest mods to do and i surely wouldn't let it stand in my way of buying a kb but of course its each to their own...

people do have every right to complain but some are just going wayy over board.,,imop

Archived