Corsair Community

Corsair Gaming and the Sails Logo: The Official Corsair Statement

Yellowbeard

I should clarify what I meant by the underlying dynamics being the same between the Netflix fiasco and this rebranding mess. Both companies made a change without trying to find out how it would be received by their customers. Admittedly, it's possible that Corsair did some focus groups and whatnot on the logo change, but I haven't been able to find anyone from Corsair stating that they did in these forums, and I would frankly be surprised if it turns out that they did. Secondly, the attitude of "we invested a lot of capital in this and are moving forward with it regardless of the feedback we are getting" seems to have played into the actions of both companies as well. Granted, Corsair does appear to be rethinking this now, for which I am grateful, but Yellowbeard's earlier post about Corsair having sunk 7 figures into the rebranding and that moving forward with it is a final decision that is not up for debate instantly had me thinking of Netflix's aforementioned actions.

To me, it doesn't really matter whether their customers are overreacting. Even if that's true, the bottom line is that it may result at the very least in thousands of fewer sales of the RGB line of keyboards, which means 100's of thousands (possibly millions) of dollars of revenue that Corsair could be losing as a result. If 10,000 people choose not to buy this keyboard due to the logo change, which doesn't seem all that far-fetched based on everything happening in social media, the petition, and so forth, even at $100 per keyboard, that is a million dollars in sales that are lost. There is your seven figures right there, and that doesn't take into account loss of future sales of other peripherals or the loss of sales due more generally to the damage done to Corsair's image.

Aesthetics are important, even moreso for a product that is designed specifically around appealing to aesthetics. Having said all that, I do trust that Corsair will figure out a way to make good on all this. That's why I still plan to purchase the K95 RGB with blues. They may have made a bad decision, but I do believe they are listening, will do what they can to make their customers happy, and will learn from all this as a company.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply
old logo

new logo

some like this,some like that

doesn't make either or good or bad as its all in what is liked

in the end tho some are losing sight of whats really important which is the

keyboard

I haven't lost sight of what's important. I see all the current issues with RGB keyboards. If Corsair management bothers to read this topic. They will see what need to be done to make everyone happy. It wouldn't cost them that much money to do it.

its been noted that this wouldn't void the warranty

I missed that note and now I feel more comfortable moving forward with doing the RMA on my failing K70 Silver/Blue but I do need MX Blue switches. I'm an artist, a carpenter, a technician, and I want to stick with Corsair. I have no doubt that I can create something very interesting to cover that strange logo.

Guys, everyone's talking bout the keyboard and how a new badge or cover-up logo could help improve the "gaming" logo, and I agree it's a terrific idea, but a lot of people also noting the new mouse has the " gaming" logo integrated onto the top of the m65 mouse.

Two thoughts regarding the mouse:

1) besides moving the sniper button back a little and 3 zones of rgb lights, is there really any difference between the new generation mouse and the older one? Looks like older generation mice with old logo are still available for $20+ less. If the rgb wasn't too terribly important to me inside the mouse, how big of an issue is it with the sniper button further forward? I have large hands so I'm wondering if that wouldn't really be a problem for me...

2) had an idea for modding the new mouse (black version) so the new "gaming" logo wouldn't be as visible, but don't know if it would work and I'd probably have to void the warrant to try it. What if you could remove the top part of the mouse with the logo, mask everything on the inside except the translucent logo that is designed to light up, and spay-painted it black? No light would shine through to light up that ugly logo, and from the top you'd probably only see a ghosting of the logo in black against the black top mouse. You'd still see the rear led light emanating from the bottom of the mouse as normal but the logo on top would be blacked-out. Then just hope the yellow "gaming"letters on top could be removed with nail polish remover, as long as that wouldn't damage the surface. I know it's a lot to do and we shouldn't be having to be consider this if Corsair didn't surprise us all with this new ugly logo. But if your like me and want this mouse but not the logo, do you think this could work? Oh, and I found this guide for disassembly of the m65:

old logo

new logo

some like this,some like that

doesn't make either or good or bad as its all in what is liked

in the end tho some are losing sight of whats really important which is the

keyboard

Well, the logo is part of the keyboard.

I don't just want to buy a K95 Blue for its RGB LEDs, or just for its switches, the overall aesthetic is important to me as well as the functionality, and the logo breaks it.

https://www.change.org/p/corsair-components-inc-keep-the-old-corsair-logo

7500 votes !!

Corsair.. Are you still... "listening" ?

Let's hope so. I think they will. I just hope they don't see the topic winding down as people no longer caring and coming to terms with the logo.

It's just coz everything that's needed to be said has been said by everyone ad we're awaiting the solution.

Someone just posted this on OCN. How fitting:http://www.slideshare.net/mobile/TapishPanwar/marketing-failure-1-new-coke

Let's just hope Corsair is as smart as Coca Cola and brings back the traditional branding (which might lead them to better sales and product awareness than ever before, as well as new found good will). If they are stubborn and can't let their ego go over admitting a mistake and stick with this stupid "me too" tramp stamp gaming badges then watch as they slowly start to be received as a lesser brand and dumped on the side of the road over time.

I was at a Best Buy yesterday and was looking at their m65 RGB mouse and was pretty impressed with how good it looks, I picked up the box thinking about buying it right then and there and looked at the new logo one more time. I put the box back on the shelf and walked away.

I could also learn to live with it if it were etched/printed on the keyboard, like the old logo was (classy for a superior product) instead of this last minute cut-and-glue sticker, as if it were a cheap plastic toy...

And since I received no answer from anyone at Corsair, I might ask again:

Any chance for us non-US citizens to order the Sails-K70 RGB? The Corsair website still doesn't offer it, and Newegg only ships to select countries (not to Germany, where I am). Same with Amazon...

I'm sure today was hot and heavy with meetings, but I'm pretty sure we will hear from Corsair in the next couple of days in what they plan to do.

The fact that they left us hanging over the weekend, without even a "just so you know we're actually talking about this internally" (they have not even once ACKNOWLEDGED since their "official statement" that the browns, blues, and K95 are still an issue to some people), does not bode well for hearing anything other than more doublespeak from them. Add that to the fact that they've done their best to dismiss or ignore their customers on this before eventually caving in once they were backed into a wall, and the fact that they've decided it's ok to directly tell a portion of their consumer base, perhaps the most loyal portion, that they're "statistically insignificant" and I'm pretty sure the only answer we're going to get out of this, when we do eventually get one, will be another nebulous cloud of dismissive non-answers, or a direct "too bad, no more fixes"

Our customers spoke, we listened. ::pirate::

This is good news however what about customers that prefer brown or blue cherry mx switches? It sounds like only the red switch variants will come in two sku's. Is there any possibility of selling the Corsair Sailboat badge as a separate item so we have an option to replace the Corsair gaming logo badge on the blue and brown kbs?

I just found that the original thread I commented on is now closed and I was redirected here to post and comments that I may have, I guess I shall repeat what I said in the previous thread as I can no longer comment there, I would like my views to be on record and I guess this sticky is the best place for them.

I registered to simply state that I am with those who are holding off on purchasing one of the new keyboards because of the new logo and the fact that I cannot get the old sails logo with Cherry MX Blues, if the keyboard was the way it was when it was shown for the last year I would already have pre-ordered one.

The only way that I will be purchasing a K70 is if these two problems are solved. If Corsair does not offer the K70 with these options, I guess I will be waiting until other companies like Ducky start making RGB keyboards.

Also the reports of the RGB lights failing has also added to the likeliness of me not purchasing the keyboard, or at least until the problems are fixed.

I don't see how the logo is still an issue. Surely if Corsair are already manufacturing logos for the keyboard and they have access to the original logo, wouldn't it be as simple as providing the original logo to whoever manufactures them and add the sails logo in the box as an optional addon?

Archived