Corsair Community

Corsair Gaming and the Sails Logo: The Official Corsair Statement

Yellowbeard

I can't because the regular M65 still has the sniper button design flaw which was placed too far from the thumb.

Oh, I wasn't aware of that problem. So I take it that is something they fixed with the new one? Is it a problem mainly for those with small hands or was it a problem most people were complaining about? I'll have to check the forums on that. I have reasonably large hands so if that was the problem the older one could still be an option for me...or... rethinking how I could mod the new mouse so I wouldn't have see that "gamer" brand and logo...or...start over shopping around for a new mouse :[pouts:

I'd rather stay with Corsair, but if this is where they're digging in their heels, I might have to also...

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I too feel kind of sorry for Corsair and their GAMING logo mistake. I still believe that Corsair is a great company trying hard to make great products and I will continue to use Corsair products, but this recent FUBAR decision to change logos seems to have cost them a decent amount of sales already.

Maybe the boss should come into the office this weekend instead of going out on his sailboat, and try to start fixing this situation. I know that gaming peripherals are just a small part of Corsair's portfolio, but it might be worth thinking about many of us who are not happy with the decision to add such an unwanted feature to Corsair's otherwise amazing keyboard.

I don't think anyone should be fired over this mistake, but what they probably need is some leadership with vision. Cutting your losses now might be the right thing to do in the long run.

Good Luck _D

You can always get the older Vengeance M65 with the sails, while supplies last that is.

Got it, Yellowbeard, agree with your edit comment, but you did not delete the original posting with that pic...EDIT...you got it removed now...

Maybe you intended to delete the other link to the Bing image? I will do that for you if its still there. Nonetheless, it is disappointing to see these images now being associated with the brand, and I was mainly posting for your benefit...if you collectively are still considering this internally

BTW, are you still considering? Your official statement ended with let's keep talking, so intentional or not, it kinda leaves a glimmer of hope for those of us that are holding out in the hopes that more change may still be considered.

I refuse to buy a Corsair K70 RGB unless i see it in Brown switches with old logo and in UK layout.

Sure, may sound petty of me but I know what i like and what I don't like.

It would just frustrate me see it the new logo and I shouldn't have to mod the new logo, as when first release in Cherry MX Reds, old logo was still in place. Further more, if i was to mod the new logo, i would risk voiding my warranty.

Corsair, your new announcement does nothing to those who are base outside of USA who wished to have different colour switches, different key layout with old logo.

I predict right now other competitors are doing their own version of RGB keyboard and if this doesn't get resolved by then, they will have a buyer from me.

Hi to everybody here. It usually is a very daring move for a company to replace an already established logo with a new one, unless the newer one make up with its originality. The way I see it is that, the problem here lies with the (for many) amateurish attempt at a symmetrical gaming logo that started out as two cutlasses (I guess?) and ended up as the "tramp stamp". I suppose that if another option was approached, one that matched the sophistication of the product, even coupled with the "GAMING" moniker, it might become more acceptable in the future. Personally, what really bothers me with this update is not so much the (admittedly tribalistic) design, but the fact that:

the older logo was etched onto the body, and essentially integrated into the aluminium, as is the case with almost every other Corsair product, whereas the newer update is simply a cheap sticker, stuck in a hole, from which the older logo of the old line was cut off. It kinda feels like buying a Ferrari, and the horse is simply glued as ... well, a sticker.

Now, people would and probably will (?) come to accept it, but having already seen how it could have been (all the prereleases, the previews etc.) makes things more difficult. Kinda like seeing the preview model (and all the predecessors) with the dedicated media keys, and finding out that in the final product the keys were integrated in the function key row... It would still work, it would be a new direction for the company, but it would cheat the customer community from every expectation. Let's not forget that this is a product that started with the k80 and was improved with customer feedback. All in all, this change simply makes the whole product feel cheap in contrast to the prerelease model. Despite the new policy, I think it is very kind that the older model is being offered, but I have a few questions on the matter:

1: Is it being offered as being produced again, or just as left over items that were not yet replaced?

2: Is it exclusively limited to North America, or can an order be placed internationally (e.g. Europe)? AFAIK Newegg only ships to the Netherlands and the UK, and It cannot be purchased from the Corsair website (not to Europe anyway)...

Hmm... no response whatsoever (as far as I can tell) to the people with the very legitimate concern about the enthusiast switches. "Gamer" switches can come without the crappy trampstamp and gamer branding, but the enthusiast switches can't, even though it's a simple matter of doing a production run with blue and brown switches, and selling them, even at a small premium, on your site? Would have at least expected an acknowledgement of this given the amount of concerns raised. I didn't think it would happen so fast but I'm already starting to lose faith in my conclusion that they were serious about making good.

EDIT:

Let’s keep talking! ::pirate::

I find this to be ironic since a day has gone by since this, and the one thing not happening is any "talking." No extended dialogue, no discussion or mention of further plans. No acknowledgement of the concerns about MX Blues, MX Browns, or K95s... Not even a "we're still looking at that." Nothing. If you use a phrase like that, you should be committed to actually keep talking, not just saying it and going silent so we'll accept it as an olive branch and calm down.

Hmm... no response whatsoever (as far as I can tell) to the people with the very legitimate concern about the enthusiast switches. "Gamer" switches can come without the crappy trampstamp and gamer branding, but the enthusiast switches can't, even though it's a simple matter of doing a production run with blue and brown switches, and selling them, even at a small premium, on your site? Would have at least expected an acknowledgement of this given the amount of concerns raised. I didn't think it would happen so fast but I'm already starting to lose faith in my conclusion that they were serious about making good.

EDIT:

I find this to be ironic since a day has gone by since this, and the one thing not happening is any "talking." No extended dialogue, no discussion or mention of further plans. No acknowledgement of the concerns about MX Blues, MX Browns, or K95s... Not even a "we're still looking at that." Nothing. If you use a phrase like that, you should be committed to actually keep talking, not just saying it and going silent so we'll accept it as an olive branch and calm down.

It's been a day and no one word from Corsair to reply to any of our questions.

Why just K70 RGB with Red switches and not browns or blues.

Please,give them a little more time to implement a change,its only been like a day...

I'm not even looking them to implement a change yet. I tried to be very equitable about that in my response last night, and I think I even mentioned that in some other posts (not saying I expected you to go read them all, just making the point that I'm trying to be fair).

What I'm looking for is "we recognize that you still have this concern, we understand it, and we're looking at it / talking about it internally." So far, they have not even acknowledged it. That's the part that specifically bothers me. In all likelihood, this means we'll go the weekend before getting even that acknowledgement at this point, which continues to be rather concerning. They said specifically "let's talk" and it's the one thing that since the post hasn't happened at all.

Some response is better than no response, but this is pretty half assed. You don't see component parts so what logo they have is less important than what logo your peripherals have. Continuing to sell the K70 RGB Cherry MX Reds with the old logo is good, but that's not good enough. I want the K70 RGB Cherry MX Browns and if I can't get it without the new logo then I just won't be getting it. I'll just buy a Razer Chroma or something because even their logo looks better. This whole situation is really bizarre. What you guys have done here is put cheap looking juvenile branding on your premium products that cost hundreds of dollars. If you don't reverse course then your brand is most definitely going to be damaged permanently.

Some response is better than no response, but this is pretty half assed. You don't see component parts so what logo they have is less important than what logo your peripherals have. Continuing to sell the K70 RGB Cherry MX Reds with the old logo is good, but that's not good enough. I want the K70 RGB Cherry MX Browns and if I can't get it without the new logo then I just won't be getting it. I'll just buy a Razer Chroma or something because even their logo looks better. This whole situation is really bizarre. What you guys have done here is put cheap looking juvenile branding on your premium products that cost hundreds of dollars. If you don't reverse course then your brand is most definitely going to be damaged permanently.

this was read in your other post,thx for the refresher...

Hey guys, it's late on Friday and even pirates have to sleep. We'll be back, hard at work next week. Everyone please have a great weekend. ::pirate::

Ahh so that's why your ignoring us (not responding).Understandable. Have a good weekend, I'll give you a break for 2 days but we expect work to resume on monday however. I want that K95 brown with the original logo. I will not stop advocating for it.

Hey guys, it's late on Friday and even pirates have to sleep. We'll be back, hard at work next week. Everyone please have a great weekend. ::pirate::

So we got a response... to tell us that we're not going to get a response? Look, sorry. I think we all know the weekend is coming up and not to expect any detail until next week, but come on... you can post that we're not going to see any more response over the weekend but you can't be bothered to at least acknowledge the existence of the concerns about the browns, blues, and K95? I wish I could say my concerns that you guys are just intent on stringing us along aren't coming back but I'd be lying if I said they weren't. It may be late now but a full business day friday came and went with nothing but silence until "kay guys, see you next week"

Guys, they had a pretty rough week, to say the least. While I'm disappointed in the roll- out and even more so by the decision-making behind the scenes that led up to it. but I think it's fair to give them an extra day or two to sort it all out. I've been guilty of demanding responses, but what I don't want is for them to speak too early before they have a good plan in place to make it right and consistent messaging sorted out so we dont end up hearing different things from their various reps.

Have a good weekend all. We'll pick it up next week.

isn't it a fairly simple resolution to have badges users may swap out on their products?

if you must keep the 'Corsair Gaming' (as if these weren't Gaming products already - like seriously, were they somehow not Gaming products(among other things) unless they said that word on them?) Logo for some marketing reasons, it's fairly straightforward to supply users with badges to replace the original one if users wish it.

have both included with products in the future, and users which want alternate badges can have one if they ask for it. (even might as well be free, because a badge can be mailed in an Envelope for, what is it now, $0.39?) but people probably wouldn't mind paying a dollar to cover the cost of an Envelope to anywhere in the world.

Corsails has always looked professional, those 'crossed swords' are ambiguous looking and well, they don't look as professional as Corsails.

and the only products that need to say 'Gaming' on them that are Gaming products... are ones that are so ugly that you can't tell they're Gaming products.

and Corsair certainly doesn't sell ugly products, they've always been premium products for those that are willing to pay the extra for products with that 'clean' look.

Edit:

basically, Corsails represents Corsairs' ideals. clean, professional looking products, to stand out from the all too much 'gamer bling' that's for sale out there.

but i don't think 'Corsair Gaming' represents Corsairs' ideals.

that's all i have to say.

Since this is the official thread, just drooping in to say the new logo sucks and is plain and simple amateurish and bad taste.

Please, reengineer the logo, bring the old one, or easier still, sell and package with the kbs the old logo replacement.

Cant be that difficult.

Ahh so that's why your ignoring us (not responding).Understandable. Have a good weekend, I'll give you a break for 2 days but we expect work to resume on monday however. I want that K95 brown with the original logo. I will not stop advocating for it.

You can crap in one hand and wish in another.

The hilarious part of all this is this:

Here's what it boils down to. The logo is NOT going away. We have a plan and we're executing it. Period.

As I've noted above, we are listening and we do care. We know some people are unhappy. But, as also noted, the plan just launched yesterday. We are not going to rush into some knee-jerk reaction based on a statistically insignificant number.

Google PC gamers and you'll find numbers ranging from 15 million to 711 million PC gamers on the planet.

The plan did not launch yesterday. The plan was launched months ago, the plan was just announced to the public yesterday. The design was approved, sent to manufacturing and has landed in stores. That doesn't happen overnight. Someone thought this was a good idea and now you're stuck with the unenviable job of trying to make the situation look better than the logo actually looks.

Calling the number of people who are dissatisfied with the logo change "a statistically insignificant" number is not the best move. The petition referenced was up to 7,000 signatures when I just checked on it. At what number is it no longer statistically insignificant? Why are you telling your most passionate fans, "There aren't enough of you to make us stop"?

What was done at Corsair where you thought this was a good idea? Ignoring the actual design of the logo for a second, why would you put colors on a logo for a keyboard which is supposed to be color customizable? Was white, silver or black not "XTreme" enough? The only thing more tone-deaf than the logo design is the "deal with it" responses on the forum.

It's great you're going to offer the MX Red version with the old logo, but what about the tactile and clicky boards? Are we stuck with the new logo?

And to everyone else who is appalled by this answer from Corsair. Start letting Cherry know you're interested in buying their MX RGB switches but you refuse to buy from Corsair. Let the manufacturer of the switches know you want their product. Maybe they won't think we're "statistically insignificant"

What really grinds my gears is that the people who've approved this logo and the word "gaming" to be plastered on the actual product itself, wouldn't dare put this on all of their other products (Cases, RAM, SSD's, PSU's, Liquid Cooling, Fans, Speakers, etc) So why even start at all?

You've kept it all about aesthetics, that's why we buy, let's keep it that way

If it's really such a good idea to even do this in the first place, why not continue doing it with the rest of the products? You've only did it with two products. Two of which are just Mice and Keyboards. It doesn't get the attention for those who aren't buying your Mice or Keyboards. If you're grabbing this much attention with just these two products, you've only scratched the surface.

Please, keep those ideas for the packaging.

I am just here to add to the support for wanting k95 with MX Blue switches and the old logo, along with the mice.. I preferred the old logo much more than the new one, although a redesigned one that looked cleaner would be something i support. I will not cancel my pre-order, as i like Corsair's other products and am willing to try this one out how it is.

What baffles me, among several other things about all this, is why you would take your brand new, cutting-edge of the best technology available, highly-anticipated, long-awaited premier flagship line of peripherals (namely keyboard and mouse), and put it exclusively in a new gaming brand that is apparently untested for public acceptance with such a gimmicky new image altogether. Seems you unnecessarily compounded your risk in all this. If the gaming brand is accepted poorly, which seems to be the case so far, or fails completely, your new peripherals flagship sinks with it or gets a public perception stain that may never be completely removed, even if you later decide to pull these product lines out of the gaming brand and back into your mainline brand.

If you wanted to start a new gaming brand, that's cool, but first come up with a good concept that is still true to your identity and values, develop the brand and logo so it's cool, current and relatable to your existing main-line brand, test your concept externally so it doesn't get greenlighted from some corporate yes-men, and then don't put your new premier product line into the new gaming brand, but put your lower price-point product line, in this case the Raptor line or possibly just the MX Reds (since they're considered the gaming switch), under the new gaming brand and test it live in the Best-Buys and other retailers. If the brand starts to take traction, then you could move your premier line in as an expansion of your gaming brand later, if not, then you keep the premier line separate under your main brand. Maybe you guys considered some of this but in hindsight now would've done some thing differently, we don't know, but it's completely baffling to me.

I don't work in technology (not this kind) but in consulting on Project Management for a completely different industry. Ever hear of risk cubes? It's what we call charts with increasing risk on one axis and increasing likelihood on another axis. Risk is often cost (or profit), public perception/relations and other detriments. After you have considered all risks or potential risks you evaluate likelihood of each and plot them. It helps to visually prioritize high risk-high likelihood scenarios and develop risk avoidance and risk-mitigation/contingency measures, and specific strategies to implement if triggered. Not trying to give a lecture here but with some forethought and pre-planning for worst-case scenarios, this roll-out could could have gone better, and plans could have already been in place to deal with it when it didn't go as good as you thought it would. Instead of operating on your heels in crisis mode, you could be executing a contingency plan already in place. Again, maybe you guys did some of this, we don't know, but it's hindsight now.

I'm one of those wanting your new k70 rgb browns and m65 rgb, but really don't like the new gaming logo or the word gaming especially in bright lettering on the products, and not sure I can really live with it. I don't think these we're good decisions for roll out of your new premier line of keyboards and mice, and think you missed your target consumers by putting these products under your new gaming brand. I like to play PC games and tweak on my PC, but mostly work at my computer. I'm a professional, a father, and lead an active life so I only play a few hours a week at night usually after kids are in bed.

I've been thinking about my and many others reaction to the new logo and brand with "gaming" printed on top of these new products. "Gaming" is so cliche' and seems to conjure up images of pale, oily-faced, adolescents stuck to their couches in dim rooms playing mostly on console devices. I think most people willing (and able) to shell out the extra cash for premier PC products and peripherals are enthusiast who also like to play games on their PCs, but do not consider themselves to be in the same demographic as the stereotypical gamerz boyz; you get what I mean, right? It seems you've alienated the demographic who really should be your target consumer with your premier flagship line of keyboards and mice.

Sorry for such a long post. It's late and I'm probably repeating myself. Like I've said before, we love you Corsair and want you to succeed in all that you do. I think you've got great products, I have several of them and plan to get several more over time. You are my preferred brand for just about everything you make, and think the Corsair brand represents quality and innovation. I look forward to seeing how you ultimately deal with this public perception snafu, if you will, and hope it's done quickly. Best wishes for all you at Corsair.

One of your many loyal customers

Archived