Corsair Community

Corsair Gaming and the Sails Logo: The Official Corsair Statement

Yellowbeard

You know I could almost live with the tramp stamp but the "gaming" part is what absolutely kills me. Did they not notice that TONS of reviews on Amazon and Newegg for Razer and other gaming oriented keyboards and mice have people mentioning how they use it for work and other professional settings. Did it really not occur to them that writing "gaming" in bright letters (or at all) on the actual product suddenly makes it unacceptable for any environment that is not a gaming environment?

The k70 rgb with mx red Sails logo is not a solution because it has the damn red switches which is for hard core gamers and sucks for typing. Have they not noticed that the mx browns and blues sell out very fast and that maybe 14yr old gamers are not the majority that actually buys these things? It just baffles me.

I wanted to buy the mx 65 rgb mouse as well as the keyboard and some corsair mouse pads but all that stuff is completely plastered in the damn tramp stamp and "GAMING" logo which completely ruins the more professional look of all my other corsair hardware and accessories. Heck I was going to buy another set of everything for my alternate computer at work within a month.

It would be really nice to hear from Corsair even a hint that they are still working on how to remedy the situation.

• Replies 508
  • Created
  • Last Reply
You know I could almost live with the tramp stamp but the "gaming" part is what absolutely kills me. Did they not notice that TONS of reviews on Amazon and Newegg for Razer and other gaming oriented keyboards and mice have people mentioning how they use it for work and other professional settings. Did it really not occur to them that writing "gaming" in bright letters (or at all) on the actual product suddenly makes it unacceptable for any environment that is not a gaming environment?

The k70 rgb with mx red Sails logo is not a solution because it has the damn red switches which is for hard core gamers and sucks for typing. Have they not noticed that the mx browns and blues sell out very fast and that maybe 14yr old gamers are not the majority that actually buys these things? It just baffles me.

I wanted to buy the mx 65 rgb mouse as well as the keyboard and some corsair mouse pads but all that stuff is completely plastered in the damn tramp stamp and "GAMING" logo which completely ruins the more professional look of all my other corsair hardware and accessories. Heck I was going to buy another set of everything for my alternate computer at work within a month.

It would be really nice to hear from Corsair even a hint that they are still working on how to remedy the situation.

That's such a good point. The only keyboard without the the gaming logo and with the professional looking black sails logo available is the GAMING keyboard.

I wouldn't call that "we listened" but more "take this old inventory and shut up, hopefully you're too dumb to realize we don't really care"

Well it seems I am doing something wrong.. I can type with 600+ keystrokes per Minute with my Cherry Reds and I am 30 years old and not a core gamer... mmhhh

Well it seems I am doing something wrong.. I can type with 600+ keystrokes per Minute with my Cherry Reds and I am 30 years old and not a core gamer... mmhhh

That just means Reds are the perfect fit for you.:) But many typists prefer the tactile switches, I guess.

On a different note, I guess we won't be seeing a K65 with tactile switches anytime soon (if ever)? That with the old Corsair logo would simply be my dream keyboard come true.:loveeyes:

I think its safe to say Corsair are no longer interested or are listening to us.

They have a plan and nothing is going to change that. Off loading old K70 red stock with the old logo is basically a cheap workaround that they come up with to say they were doing something about the problem. (Sooo transparent)

Im not going to post anymore I'm done with trying to get somewhere

Shame on you Corsair......

Ah... another day come and gone and corsair is still silent on the elephant in the room. Hoping it will starve to death no doubt. Someone else said "shame on you corsair." A few days ago I'd have said "give them a chance" but this silence speaks louder than all the avoidance and double-talk they gave us last week. I'm hanging on a few more days to see what comes of it but I genuinely don't see any good news coming at this point. The poor handling of the issue is honestly more concerning than the bad marketing move itself, to the extent that I really don't know if I can trust any of their products. A business that leaves its consumers in the dark over a major issue is not one that can be trusted to follow through on its claimed commitment to quality.

On OCN forums CorsairGeorge said more info will be coming soon. Will just have to wait and see what they do next. Hopefully they will do the solutions most of us have already posted. Swappable logo plates or just need tin stickers (new/old logos) and a blank one. That would put an end to all concerns about the logo.

On OCN forums CorsairGeorge said more info will be coming soon. Will just have to wait and see what they do next. Hopefully they will do the solutions most of us have already posted. Swappable logo plates or just need tin stickers (new/old logos) and a blank one. That would put an end to all concerns about the logo.

Has he actually acknowledged the specific issue? That's my biggest concern here. I get that they need time. I get that a real commitment, or even a vague plan will take time. What I don't get, because it's not really acceptable on any level, is that as far as I can tell they haven't even acknowledged since their "official statement" that there is still an issue with blues, browns, and K95s. "More info soon" would be helpful if they at least acknowledged this as an issue that exists. So far the overall impression to take from their statement is "we gave you more of the one keyboard you could already get that way, mission accomplished."

Here is the link to OCN: http://www.overclock.net/t/1515406/corsairforums-corsair-announces-that-it-will-continue-to-sell-vengeance-k70-k70-rgb-with-cherry-mx-red-switches/230#post_22931769

The concerns about the logo would still persist though, the M65 has the new logo built into the mouse as a light up feature. The original teaser shots with the old sail logos looked a lot nicer.

http://www.legitreviews.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/corsair_gaming_06_m65rgb-645x453.jpg

vs

http://img.xataka.com.mx/2014/05/corsair_m65_rgb.jpg

As stated, the keyboard is an easy fix. This, not so much.

Corsair will have to figure out a way to fix this situation. Literally every social media representation they have is being bombarded with nothing but complaints about the new logo and "gaming" image. This has got to be one of the biggest marketing blunders in history. It's like Mercedes announcing a new line of affordable compact cars for teenagers with a kid on a skateboard as their new logo and "radical" written underneath. If Corsair really wanted to get into the teenage esport gamer market they should have really just made a new company with no association with the prestigious Corsair brand. Honestly I think that many companies are wrong and don't realize that a lot of their "gaming" products are not actually bought by teenagers but adults that are looking for good products to occasionally game with.

A good sign is that Corsair's gaming facebook page's most recent keyboard post (10 hours ago) shows an rgb keyboard with the classic sails logo. Hopefully this is a subtle hint that they are getting it.

Hey I'm a old fart (65) and game a little, but I still love building computers, in my office right now I have a 650 and 550 case, typing with a K90, listening to podcasts on SP2500 speakers and guess what they all have the old logo (which I love), I've been waiting to get the K70 with Cherry Blues and I don't want that silly new logo, it won't go with anything I have. I go to a lot of expense to make things match color wise on my rigs and this just don't make it.

PS Yellowbeard if you read this, come over to ABX and say hello, some of us are still hanging out, Skully and Sandog!

Hey I'm a old fart (65) and game a little, but I still love building computers, in my office right now I have a 650 and 550 case, typing with a K90, listening to podcasts on SP2500 speakers and guess what they all have the old logo (which I love), I've been waiting to get the K70 with Cherry Blues and I don't want that silly new logo, it won't go with anything I have. I go to a lot of expense to make things match color wise on my rigs and this just don't make it.

PS Yellowbeard if you read this, come over to ABX and say hello, some of us are still hanging out, Skully and Sandog!

No, no, no, no! Not "old fart"! I'm the same age and prefer flatulent geriatric.

I agree about the old logo; it's simple, elegant, and goes well with anything. It also does a better job of conveying corsair's pirate theme.

No, no, no, no! Not "old fart"! I'm the same age and prefer flatulent geriatric.

I agree about the old logo; it's simple, elegant, and goes well with anything. It also does a better job of conveying corsair's pirate theme.

I'm 62 so I guess I'm the young buck here. Because I like to drink I think of myself as an old shart, or that Aqualung guy sitting on a park bench.

I guess us old conservatives really don't like change, but then we tend to know a good thing, or a bad thing, when we see it.

I'm 62 so I guess I'm the young buck here. Because I like to drink I think of myself as an old shart, or that Aqualung guy sitting on a park bench.

I guess us old conservatives really don't like change, but then we tend to know a good thing, or a bad thing, when we see it.

You wouldn't have some snot running down your nose! LOL...Great song by the way!

This sure is a bad situation for corsair.

I don't know exactly how you made up your opinion on this new logo, we've never seen the statistics of people you've asked regarding it though it doesn't really matter now as done is done.

I mostly dislike the yellow part that is somewhat randomly placed on the sticker, otherwise I don't have any real complaints about it.

Only reply on Friday saying they don't work on weekends, sure that's fair, however it has now been 3 workdays with corsair staff members being on and replying to other threads yet no reply on this situation at all.

Do you acknowledge the issue still remains? (Non-americans, other keyboard variations with different switches)

What about people that have already bought your product, but want the old logo?

Are you still discussing the issue?

I don't know why, but none of the retailers in my country have a confirmed stock date either.

Don't leave people hanging like this, it will only hurt your business even more if you don't take a professional approach. (For example saying it is still being worked on, or you acknowledge that this isn't a full solution)

The only reply I'm looking for is if it is still being worked on or at least acknowledged, and so does everyone else.

This sure is a bad situation for corsair.

I don't know exactly how you made up your opinion on this new logo, we've never seen the statistics of people you've asked regarding it though it doesn't really matter now as done is done.

I mostly dislike the yellow part that is somewhat randomly placed on the sticker, otherwise I don't have any real complaints about it.

Only reply on Friday saying they don't work on weekends, sure that's fair, however it has now been 3 workdays with corsair staff members being on and replying to other threads yet no reply on this situation at all.

Do you acknowledge the issue still remains? (Non-americans, other keyboard variations with different switches)

What about people that have already bought your product, but want the old logo?

Are you still discussing the issue?

I don't know why, but none of the retailers in my country have a confirmed stock date either.

Don't leave people hanging like this, it will only hurt your business even more if you don't take a professional approach. (For example saying it is still being worked on, or you acknowledge that this isn't a full solution)

The only reply I'm looking for is if it is still being worked on or at least acknowledged, and so does everyone else.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1515406/corsairforums-corsair-announces-that-it-will-continue-to-sell-vengeance-k70-k70-rgb-with-cherry-mx-red-switches/250#post_22934511

That's a response from Corsair George. The gaming brand and it's logo aren't going anywhere. They may offer some products without the gaming logo, which ones they haven't said or decided yet. Unfortunately, based on pure guessing by me, the RGB mice will not be available without the gaming logo and only some of the keyboards may be available with the sails logo. Perhaps a sticker will be made available as an accessory, not getting my hopes up though.

Kind of disappointing, but it is what it is. There's other options out there, just a bummer that an expectation people have of a company isn't being met. I've always been a firm believer in the product doing the talking. Adorning whatever you're selling (cars, boats, houses, hot sauce, peripherals) with garish logos and stylized anything looks like you're trying too hard. Corsair would never been accused of that before the change over.

http://www.overclock.net/t/1515406/corsairforums-corsair-announces-that-it-will-continue-to-sell-vengeance-k70-k70-rgb-with-cherry-mx-red-switches/250#post_22934511

That's a response from Corsair George. The gaming brand and it's logo aren't going anywhere. They may offer some products without the gaming logo, which ones they haven't said or decided yet. Unfortunately, based on pure guessing by me, the RGB mice will not be available without the gaming logo and only some of the keyboards may be available with the sails logo. Perhaps a sticker will be made available as an accessory, not getting my hopes up though.

Kind of disappointing, but it is what it is. There's other options out there, just a bummer that an expectation people have of a company isn't being met. I've always been a firm believer in the product doing the talking. Adorning whatever you're selling (cars, boats, houses, hot sauce, peripherals) with garish logos and stylized anything looks like you're trying too hard. Corsair would never been accused of that before the change over.

Thanks for the link, this should provide enough answers for everyone.

I'm fine with the logo staying.

I personally just don't want to end up in a position where I already bought the k70 with the new logo to replace my existing breaking keyboard, but if I wanted the old logo (I like it more) I would have to buy a new keyboard.

So despite what I would like to do, I'll have to wait this out until they find out more.

Paying around 240$ in my currency isn't cheap after all.

Archived