Corsair Community

Forum Color Schema

and we've had a generally positive response internally and here

Highly unlikely.(unless you're internally populated by 10yr olds)

Not really a big deal though, as me buying anything else from Corsair is also highly unlikely... as soon as my rma arrives that turkey is going on kijiji.

Clearly an outfit that has lost it's way.(imho, of course.)

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Highly unlikely.(unless you're internally populated by 10yr olds)

Not really a big deal though, as me buying anything else from Corsair is also highly unlikely... as soon as my rma arrives that turkey is going on kijiji.

Clearly an outfit that has lost it's way.(imho, of course.)

You should read the first 2 posts of the thread before attempting to be cute. ::pirate::

You should read the first 2 posts of the thread before attempting to be cute. ::pirate::

You should read the dozen or so other posts in the thread that don't like the colors.

You can make the forum match the website without the black background. You just need to change the alt1 and alt2 colors in the theme to make people happy. (yes, I run forums for a living)

Ignore the complaints if you like, that is certainly your prerogative. But I can tell you that black/dark backgrounds in forums are generally disfavored by people as being hard to read and annoying.

I've already replied and addressed this more than once, no one is ignoring anything. Again, please read before replying ;):

The goal was to completely eliminate the old forum look entirely. It's outdated and we want a clean slate. If we leave that option enabled, unregistered users or users that are not logged in will see the old look frequently when prowling the web, Googling, etc. So, we had to remove that look option entirely.

As noted above, give me a bit of time and we'll see what we can work out.

I understand that the power to be dictate the specifications, but color me gone.

RodeoGeorge

Me too - I also discovered that corsair staff seem to prefer to post on other forums and seem to ignore this one. Corsair George has 1700+ posts on overclock.net and 75 posts here.

If staff doesn't think enough to answer questions here, why should I.

Me too - I also discovered that corsair staff seem to prefer to post on other forums and seem to ignore this one. Corsair George has 1700+ posts on overclock.net and 75 posts here.

If staff doesn't think enough to answer questions here, why should I.

What question have you asked that has not been addressed?

FWIW, George is a product manager and not a web/forum/social media guy. It is NOT his job to spend his days on forums. A great deal of his posting at other forums is done on his own time due to his enthusiasm for his job and PCs in general.

We certainly respect your decision to not visit our forum any more. We wish you the best of luck wherever you chose to spend your time. :hihi:

When a product manager doesn't think its important enough to participate in his company's own support forum to answer customers' questions, it makes me question the company's commitment to customer service.

When the marketing person in charge of the forum makes excuses for that product manager, it really makes me question that commitment.

To answer your question, I've been asking about the 760t availability for weeks.

• 2 weeks later...
After several years here in these forums I have to say I am finished. This new color scheme hurts my eyes and the option to change back was taken away. I wish all of you good luck. But I just can't take these colors.

i still havent grasped the concept of not allowing the user to decide their best scheme,,the only one to see it would be the user themselves.

i cant tell the difference between posts ive read and those i havent being im color blinded.

and if 99% of visited websites are light colors and then going to black,,i have to stare to get my eyes to adjust to the lower light...

Yellowbeard, thanks for the update.

I don't care for it as much as the original, but it's easier on my eyes than the current black, and does help. I will be using that until something else comes up. Keep up the good work on letting us know what's going on.

Now, if you could just get us an update on the Link software good or bad ;).

This is our first stab at an alternate forum theme. Those of you that were unhappy with the red / black theme, look in the bottom right corner of the main forum page and select Child of Black Red.

attachment.php?attachmentid=14755&stc=1&d=1396904021

Better? Worse?

my eyes thank you YB...

Archived