Corsair Community

H90 and H110, same noise?!

utisz

For my brand new machine, I wanted to go with water cooling instead of air, and picked corsair h90. It was connected to cpu socket, running at ~1500 rpm. However, the pump had a very thin, high pitch "rattling" noise, therefore, I gave it back. The support said there are no problems (to RMA it) but I still insisted on and paid additional to get a h110

Today is my first day with h110, and it has the same high pitch rattling noise. When I manually set the rpm to 70% (1000ish RPM) instead of full load, the noise is gone but I believe we're supposed to run it at full speed?

I don't want to give this back because I already lost 2 weeks with all that wait and set struggle, and I'm pretty sure they'll say "the unit is ok" for this one as well, since it's the identical noise on the previous unit. The noise is a subtle high pitch noise just like a PSU electricity voice, but it's quire irritating.

What do you think of all this?

I have problems with all but one of my corsair fans. I just try to "dial in" what speed it won't make noise. I would think that since it is a 140mm, you could run it at 100% without noise.

( I know it should just work. I'm just trying to help )

• 1 year later...

Archived