Corsair Community

Find motherboard compatible with ram.

eland

Hey people,

This is my first thread here. My problem is that i dont need to find memory for my motherboard, but the other way around. I allready bought the memory (please dont ask why :P) and now i need to find a compatible motherboard.

The memory i bought is: CMD8GX3M2A1600C8 (Corsair 8 GB DDR3-1600 Kit). Could anyone suggest me where to find the right motherboard. Or allready know's a motherboard that is compatible. I allready tried several motherboard compatibility lists. But they all show the old Vengeance as compatible.

I would prefer AMD motherboards so i dont have to buy a new CPU.

I allso tried several overclocks on the memory and the CPU (volt and speeds). But did not work...

Rig right now:

MB: gigabyte ud3 990fxa rev1 (latest bios)

CPU: amd 1090t

RAM: Corsair 8 GB DDR3-1333 Kit

Case: corsair 800d

TL;DR:

Need motherboard for ram.

It's just about impossible to match a MB to memeory . Your best bet is to find a board you like and then see if your current kit is on the QVL.

Unless someone can post a current board that is running the same kit.

Well thats exactly what i mean. Or meby somone knows a motherboard or a easy way im not seeing...

Iv found about 10 boards i like. But all go up 2 Vengeance. They seem to be out-of-date. So meby my best bet is to buy one that supports Vengeance up to 1600-8-8-8-21?

• Corsair Employee

These modules will work with that MB No problem, but you may be limited to DDR1333 with the CPU you have installed.

The memory i bought is: CMD8GX3M2A1600C8 (Corsair 8 GB DDR3-1600 Kit). Could anyone suggest me where to find the right motherboard. Or allready know's a motherboard that is compatible. I allready tried several motherboard compatibility lists. But they all show the old Vengeance as compatible.

I would prefer AMD motherboards so i dont have to buy a new CPU.

I allso tried several overclocks on the memory and the CPU (volt and speeds). But did not work...

Rig right now:

MB: gigabyte ud3 990fxa rev1 (latest bios)

CPU: amd 1090t

RAM: Corsair 8 GB DDR3-1333 Kit

Case: corsair 800d

These modules will work with that MB No problem, but you may be limited to DDR1333 with the CPU you have installed.

Thanks for your reply.

Iv tried while overclocking my cpu to 4.5ghz (this is stable at 55C with my cooling and other ram). And still my computer wouldnt run stable with the Corsair modules @ T2, 8-8-8-21-1333 to 11-11-11-26-1333, Bumped the volts to 1.65 and still nothing...

Iv tried while overclocking my cpu to 4.5ghz (this is stable at 55C with my cooling and other ram). And still my computer wouldnt run stable with the Corsair modules @ T2, 8-8-8-21-1333 to 11-11-11-26-1333, Bumped the volts to 1.65 and still nothing...

I think it would be a good idea to test the Corsair modules with memtest.(link on the left if you need it)

Test each module by itself in the first slot. Make sure you load set-up defaults and set the timings and voltage to those on the sticks and let each stick run for about three passes or until you get an error.

I think it would be a good idea to test the Corsair modules with memtest.(link on the left if you need it)

Test each module by itself in the first slot. Make sure you load set-up defaults and set the timings and voltage to those on the sticks and let each stick run for about three passes or until you get an error.

I can do that sunday, but that doesnt really answer my original question. And that might mean i wont run the memory at full speed (not that that would matter that much). But that is not what i bought them for.

Sorry , i thought your original question shifted to this

I was more or less addressing this statement.

Sorry , i thought your original question shifted to this

I was more or less addressing this statement.

No problem, thanks atleast for the efford. My fault to for not mentioning i already tried.

Meby it will get my system running this time with doing some more testing. But i thought i tried every combination.

• Corsair Employee

Your original question cannot be answered the way it was asked IE "what mother Board will work with my new memory?"

There is no reverse look up However you can go to the memory Configurator and enter a specific Part and will list all of the MB's that are linked to that module in our memory configurator. But it would not include ever MB and would not be a comprehensive list.

Your original question cannot be answered the way it was asked IE "what mother Board will work with my new memory?"

There is no reverse look up However you can go to the memory Configurator and enter a specific Part and will list all of the MB's that are linked to that module in our memory configurator. But it would not include ever MB and would not be a comprehensive list.

Ye, thought so to :S. Was kind of hoping that somone with the same memory know wich MB i could use. But ill just keep searching manually then :(.

Thanks for everyones reaction tho.

Archived