Corsair Community

Silent MX, some keys are harder to press than others?

chickenpie233

Hey just noticed recently that after only 2 weeks of use my A button is slightly harder to press than other buttons on the keyboard. I thought I was going insane but I've tried similar positioning with other keys and definitely, it feels like the A button is slightly harder to press. I don't think this was an issue when I first bought the keyboard but is it possible that the key has a cheap spring or a spring that is slightly jammed? There is no problem with the A button registry as it works perfectly fine, but it just seems to hit harder than other keys on the board. Should I exchange for another copy? This is my 3rd exchange already and I'm afraid stores will begin to ban me for too many exchanges lol

• Corsair Employee
Hey just noticed recently that after only 2 weeks of use my A button is slightly harder to press than other buttons on the keyboard. I thought I was going insane but I've tried similar positioning with other keys and definitely, it feels like the A button is slightly harder to press. I don't think this was an issue when I first bought the keyboard but is it possible that the key has a cheap spring or a spring that is slightly jammed? There is no problem with the A button registry as it works perfectly fine, but it just seems to hit harder than other keys on the board. Should I exchange for another copy? This is my 3rd exchange already and I'm afraid stores will begin to ban me for too many exchanges lol

Have you tried removing the key cap and push on the switch itself to see if that helps? When you switched out the keyboards, was it for the very same reason?

For how much have you had the keyboard? I would try pressing the key hard and constantly for a few minutes, maybe even without keycap and see it if softens up a bit. It might just be a slightly harder key that needs to be used some more to become like the others, it is not uncommon for it to happen.

EDIT: I see Henry replied while I had the page open :p:

Yes I've tried pushing on the switch by itself, it seems a little harder. This is my 3rd exchange, the 1st problem was that the A and 1 button were being registered twice. I read this was chattering and I immediately switched it after 5 days of use. The next one I exchanged had a huge crack on the corner, and exchanged this one for the current one I have. I have had this one for about 7 days now and this A problem just became noticeable after playing some Starcraft and Counter-Strike. I am very nitpicky about the A since this is a very important button and affects my gameplay a lot in games.

All the keyboards were purchased at Best Buy at different venues. They have been very supportive of the exchanging process but I think after 3 times of exchange they will begin asking for ID and stuff which I do not want to do for a keyboard.

Also I am extremely clean and take good care of all my tech parts. I clean my keyboard and mouse everyday with wipes and airdusters.

Archived