Corsair Community

h100 leak at the block - damage to components

jktx

I noticed my system running sluggishly and after some troubleshooting found the processor was running at at 20% maximum frequency. When i finally opened up the case to check for overheating as a possible issue, i found that my h100 had been leaking at the block and dribbled all down the motherboard past the graphics card and had even pooled in the bottom crease.

I took pictures before, after, and during the autopsy and i'm not 100% sure what is dead or not at this point.

I've opened up a ticket but have not yet heard a response.

ticket#6443694

image gallery

Wow, this is really getting pathetic..I am almost afraid to turn my computer on!

when you installed water,did you honestly expect it to be as safe as air?

while its unfortunate should there be a leak,its obvious theres a risk doing so.

My last water cooler (not Corsair) leaked and ruined my mobo and graphics card (thank God I hadn't installed my new GTX770!!!!!!). I swore off water cooling and bought an Alpenfohn Matterhorn Pure air cooler, trouble is it's massive (or should that be Massif) and the fan mounting system is rubbish, so I've just bought an H100i. Here's hoping.

when you installed water,did you honestly expect it to be as safe as air?

while its unfortunate should there be a leak,its obvious theres a risk doing so.

this is really a good point, and something people should think about. i just replaced my 670 w/ a 780 ti and I really can't justify the use of my 100i anymore. i love it, but the risk is to high.

bummer thing is i would also need to replace my Corsair Vengeance memory because it has such a high profile.

grr.. I do really like both products.

Archived