Corsair Community

Corsair Gaming announces new Sabre RGB Laser/Optical Mouse!

Corsair James

• Corsair Employee

Corsair Gaming's Sabre RGB Mouse is one of my new favorite mice due to its all new lightweight design. Some of you were asking if we would ever do another optical mouse while others prefer laser. Therefore, to satisfy both camps, we have the mouse in both flavors: 6400 DPI Optical and 8200 DPI Laser.

For those who love aesthetics, it'll feature 4 RGB Zones (Logo, Scroll Wheel, "Headlight", and the DPI LED) to ensure it'll match your different setups.

Check out the details here: http://gaming.corsair.com/en-us/landing/sabre

Looks great doesn't it?

attachment.php?attachmentid=19668&stc=1&d=1414684156

Sabre_12.png.30a998dc1c4b5710c3f76dda15e24325.png

Oh wow really nice mouse. I am still running my £5 chineese random "gaming" mouse bought off eBay and thought about an upgrade to some Corsair's one.. but price of £65 holds me back :(

Me too, although i just purchased a K95 RGB, my £14 perixx mouse is the best mouse i've used. Beats the logitech and razor mice I've owned. But I'm really put off by the corsair software after the K95 RGB software/firmware fiasco.

• Administrators
My new M65 lights are going out randomly..any chance I could switch up?
We can certainly replace it under the warranty, but we don't have an upgrade program. It would be replaced with the same model.

What's the price on the Sabre?
The pricing is on the product pages.

Corsair Gaming Sabre Optical RGB Gaming Mouse (North America Version)

NOTE: In the USA: Corsair Gaming Sabre Optical RGB mice are exclusively sold at Best Buy stores and bestbuy.com

Corsair Gaming Sabre Laser RGB Gaming Mouse (North American Version)

• Corsair Employee
I would've preferred a Corsair take on the Logitech G700s and/or even the G600 with an optical sensor, but I'm a MOAR BUTTONZ kinda person when it comes to my mice. Still enough to make me consider getting one since the right-click on my current mouse is going bad.

The Sabre is available with a 6400 DPI optical sensor. I think you'll like this mouse, honestly.

6400DPI means it should have the same sensor as the DeathAdder.

If there was a version of this with the old logo, I might buy one.

I won't buy a Razer product as long as they force you to sign up for an account to use their software (and I hope nobody follows suit with Razer there).

But I think the M45 with the old logo would probably be one of my 'go to' mice.

• 2 weeks later...
The Sabre is available with a 6400 DPI optical sensor. I think you'll like this mouse, honestly.

Has the Sabre Optical shipped out?

Unfortunately I live in Jesusland. Which means it's only sold by Best Buy. I haven't seen the Sabre Optical in any Best Buy store and it's not listed on their website. As things are, importing the Sabre Optical seems to be the way to go (and doubles as a vote with my wallet on my distaste for retailer exclusives).

I mean it looks cool but the optical sensor is inferior to the one of my Zowie FK1 and honestly I don't think any mouse will come close to the Zowie FK1 soon.. Except maybe the old Intelli-Mice with a polling rate of 3000hz+ and no acceleration what so ever. :D:

I mean it looks cool but the optical sensor is inferior to the one of my Zowie FK1 and honestly I don't think any mouse will come close to the Zowie FK1 soon.. Except maybe the old Intelli-Mice with a polling rate of 3000hz+ and no acceleration what so ever. :D:

Corsair Gaming CG SABRE Laser RGB.

Optical and Laser models

Still don't know if it's worth it?

6400DPI means it should have the same sensor as the DeathAdder.

If there was a version of this with the old logo, I might buy one.

I won't buy a Razer product as long as they force you to sign up for an account to use their software (and I hope nobody follows suit with Razer there).

But I think the M45 with the old logo would probably be one of my 'go to' mice.

I won't buy a Razer product due to same reason.

The design department at Corsair is lacking taste. They think were all 12yrs old and we buy stuff due to "Gaming" being slapped on it. Look at Logitech g500s mouse. Do you see them slapping "Logitech Gaming" on the product. No we don't see them doing that. They put the letter "G" on it and it doesn't stick out like the tramp stamp does.

The word gaming on the actual product doesn't help sales at all and we know it. If you want to use that label, place it on the box the product comes in and leave it at that.

Really?? My Logitech G710+ keyboard has on 4 locations either "G710+" or Logitech on the key side of the keyboard. My K65 has one small inch and half sticker that I never look at until someone mentions the logo. "Gaming" is a reference that all companies use because generally people who want to game on their computer search for "Gaming" devices. The design of this keyboard and the feel of it is imo better than any of the other keyboards I own or have owned.

I won't buy a Razer product due to same reason.

The design department at Corsair is lacking taste. They think were all 12yrs old and we buy stuff due to "Gaming" being slapped on it. Look at Logitech g500s mouse. Do you see them slapping "Logitech Gaming" on the product. No we don't see them doing that. They put the letter "G" on it and it doesn't stick out like the tramp stamp does.

The word gaming on the actual product doesn't help sales at all and we know it. If you want to use that label, place it on the box the product comes in and leave it at that.

Give it up on the logo already. My lord! I have no issue with the logo myself. I don't sit there and stare at it. Logitech's stupid giant G on their mice is 10x worse in my opinion. How does the Corsair mouse perform,I'm more interested in that. My Razer Naga and Mamba mice are hands down the best mice I've ever used. So you have to register on their website..Boo hoo. Big deal. Corsair isn't lacking taste,I think you mean quality design. They did exactly what Asus did,seperate their gaming lines with their productivity lines. Big deal. I get so tired of hearing this crap and I'm sure Corsair is also.

Archived