Corsair Community

H110I GTX - difference betwen core0 and core3

Kiril1512

Hello. Yesterday installed the Corsair H110I GTX on my I7 4790k.

I run some benchmarks and I have some diferent temps per core. I know that 2-5ºC is normal but here I see almost 10ºC diference.

The 3rd core (core2) have much more tems that 1st (core0) temperature.

You can see the print here:

Link 1 - Fans in smart mode

Link 2 - Fans in 100% RPM (2000)

And also Prime95 version 266: Link

Also the idle temps the last 2 cores are some higher than first 2 cores... Is this normal or I need re-install de pump on my cpu? Maybe bad conection? I just worry about the max temps not idle.

I've seen that, it's normal. Some cores just run hotter than the others.

As a general rule, don't use Prime 95 on Haswell. I personally don't think anyone should use P95 *at all* anymore; OCCT does a better job and won't fry your CPU.

But before with 212 EVO I dont had this kind of variation... :sigh!:

Then check to make sure the block is properly tightened at each corner (hand tightening is plenty). If so, then you can take it off, clean and re-paste. But before you do that, I would run a different benchmark or even just some real application temp data to make sure your not chasing something that isn't there. You can get some funny spikes when running all your cores at 100% and you shouldn't make generalizations about core behavior based solely on the peak number. An average value for the test, or better still a line graph in real time, would be more telling if one of your cores is really out of step. There isn't much you can do about things below the lid and I am only seeing peak value differences of 6-8C on your data.

I sometimes see a 5c difference between cores on my 3770k. 10c is getting up there. If you've remounted the cooler a couple times thats about all you can do - unless you're brave enough to delid that chip.

There has been a good deal of criticism over Intel's use of TIM instead of solder between the die and heatspreader. Apparently Intel has run into issues with using solder on the last few generations - perhaps something to do with how insanely dense the transistors are getting on these chips. Using TIM isn't necessarily a bad thing, but apparently there can be a large variability in the gap between the die and the heatspreader - and some chips are noticeably better than others in this respect. Some modders even claimed to notice a somewhat concave shape to the inside of the heatspreader, which would further compound the problem.

Hello,

Please can you tell me what is your PC case, because this Water Cooler is so huge : Radiator dimensions: 140mm x 312mm x 26mm

And please also do you think my PC Case: Thermaltake Urban T81 will support it?

Although what are the PC cases that can handle this huge thing and ty :)

(sorry because I couldn't help you)

Hello,

Please can you tell me what is your PC case, because this Water Cooler is so huge : Radiator dimensions: 140mm x 312mm x 26mm

And please also do you think my PC Case: Thermaltake Urban T81 will support it?

Although what are the PC cases that can handle this huge thing and ty :)

(sorry because I couldn't help you)

Hi. I have the Fractal Design Define R5 with window. You can put this cooler on top or on front.

Archived