Corsair Community

Keyboard preventing system to shutdown completely.

FuzzyWolf

So I have this weird issue that my keyboard is preventing my pc to shut down completely. I had this keyboard for about a week (replaced my Razer BW chroma X) and at first, I thought it was a USB issue so I switched it from USB 2.0 to USB 3.0 ports and after a while no problem and now it just randomly happens and im getting pretty annoyed. Currently testing with USB 3.1 port on my mobo. Also I do get windows "disconnect" sound sometimes after CUE start on startup. Only sometimes though.

I'm on latest BIOS, Windows is pretty fresh too(I did a reinstall about 3 weeks ago, SSD upgrade).

Here is a video of it happening: [ame]

[/ame]

Describing what is happening in the video:

When recording, I already click shut down in windows and as you can see the monitor is already in power save mode. The keyboard is still lighting up and not responsive (because its probably in final shutting down stages). I click the monitor to show that it is still on and finally in the end I unplugged the keyboard and the system shuts down. You can also see the orange light on the motherboard (above gpu on the right) at 0:46 after unplugging (that is HDD activity light) starts to light up before it shuts down.

What I've tried:

-Reinstalling CUE

-Trying different USB ports

What I am thinking of doing:

-Removing Asus AI Suite (I heard it conflicts with Corsair Link but I never experience any issue with it, I use this to control case fan so when temps go up, fan spins faster)

-Maybe reset BIOS? (I'm writing down my OC profiles and such so if I do have to do this, I can set it back) I'm out of ideas.

Sorry to butt into this thread but I'm new and can't seem to find the option to make my own. I have a problem with CUE and since support in down for maintenance this is my only hope. How do I start a thread, I can't seem to find a button to do so?

• Corsair Employee
Sorry to butt into this thread but I'm new and can't seem to find the option to make my own. I have a problem with CUE and since support in down for maintenance this is my only hope. How do I start a thread, I can't seem to find a button to do so?

There should be a button labeled "New Thread" just above where the actual forum sections are listed on the left. The support system should be back up and running, so check back on the support site when you get a chance to start a ticket.

http://support.corsair.com/

Is the lighting effect shown in the video saved as a static lighting effect to the keyboard or is it one of the effects that only run when CUE is running?

You will want to put in a support ticket with Corsair and see whether they can provide any suggestions e.g. BIOS changes.

https://corsair.secure.force.com/home/home.jsp

The static lighting is when CUE is not on and yeah maybe i'll try do that. I was trying to see if anyone had these problems before and if they managed to fix it. I don't think its the keyboard, more likely either windows or my motherboard, and I think the BIOS I have is probably the last one they release for it too. They haven't released any new bios for quite a while now.

Archived