Corsair Community

K90 Keystroke issues

LordJameh

Hi, I've been having keystroke issues with my K90 that I bought in January and it has now decided to start playing up. I have had other issues with it in the past that I have managed to resolve but this one I can't seem to fix.

The problem is that often my keystrokes will be ignored or stopped. This means when gaming and say, holding W, it will act as if I had only tapped W rather than holding it. When typing, this isn't much of a problem, but occasionally the shift key will have no effect on my keystrokes, meaning that characters aren't capitalized when I am holding shift, and I have to resort to using the caps lock instead. Of course this becomes a pain when using special characters too.

This is an issue that has only come about lately, around the last couple of days, and I have done nothing to the keyboard to warrant it having problems.

In an attempt to fix it, I've tried updating the firmware (Which fails, the keyboard disconnects itself, forcing the update to fail). Additionally, I have tried the tutorial on these forums for others having problems updating the firmware but to no avail. Finally, I have of course tried installing and re-installing the drivers but once again to no avail.

Any assistance on this issue would be greatly appreciated, for it's becoming a bit of a nuisance.

Cheers,

LordJameh

• Corsair Employee

Hello LordJameh,

Since you have already tried updating the firmware, have you tried updating your USB drivers as well? Try plugging this unit into another computer to see if the problem still persist. If the unit is still under warranty, we will be more than happy to replace it for you.

Hey, thanks for the quick reply, will try the keyboard on another system and I shall update my usb controller drivers should they need it. Unfortunately, a RMA is most likely a no-go as like I said I've had some problems before that have caused me to void my warranty.

Yes, I did disassemble the keyboard due to issues after spilling a drink on the keyboard. I managed to fix that however, and it was a while a go. It is unlikely that that is the cause of the current issue as it has been fine for several months now.

Archived