Corsair Community

K95: One key light out

SolidCrew

Hi,

I have a K95 keyboard and the key with the \| to the left of the Z key is not lighting up on the UK keyboard layout. All other keys seem fine.

I've tried closing the CUE software to see if that helps and the key still does not light up.

The key itself works when pressed Just nothing at all will light up on this one key.

Is it broken?

UPDATE:

When I took off they key to take a closer look. The key is lit very very dim.

And when I close the CUE software the key next to the ENTER key ~# goes the same.

Os this a fault or just a case of that this key LED is not working correctly due to non US standard layout?

I would make sure to clear any lighting effects or colors on the keyboard. Sometimes they are present even when you don't think they are. Perhaps you tired this. If you did and also did the newest updates (firmware and CUE software) to address the issue then unfortunately an RMA may be in your future.

You may want to remove the Corsair folder located in the %appdata% folder (Roaming folder) and see if the issue persists. Please note that this will remove all profiles/lighting/color profiles from your system. Please ensure that you have the latest firmware/software of CUE installed on your system. (version 1.1.56)

You may want to remove the Corsair folder located in the %appdata% folder (Roaming folder) and see if the issue persists. Please note that this will remove all profiles/lighting/color profiles from your system. Please ensure that you have the latest firmware/software of CUE installed on your system. (version 1.1.56)

Yep, removing the folder and reloading CUE gave the default colour layout and the key lit up fine.

So is this because neally all colour layouts are from non UK keyboard layouts?

If so, that's a bit naff.. that there are different variables when sharing colour layouts.

• Corsair Employee

Hi Solid, the difference between your UK keyboard and the NA keyboard is due to the inclusion of extra key(s). When you import a layout from a NA keyboard, you will get the extra key on your keyboard to be unlit because there is no lighting assigned to it (based on the profile).

o correct this, all you have to do is go back to the unlit key, add it to whatever group you want it to be a part of, and then select the color you'd like. We will in the future mark the profiles appropriate for different regions so users will know what to expect.

Archived