The Corsair User Forums

The Corsair User Forums (http://www.asktheramguy.com/forums/index.php)
-   Corsair Utility Engine (CUE) 1.x and 2.x (http://www.asktheramguy.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=267)
-   -   Binding Left Mouse button (http://www.asktheramguy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=166341)

YayBacon 03-09-2017 01:52 PM

Binding Left Mouse button

1 Attachment(s)
:D finally after months of annoyance, I got upset enough to enter the corsair files and found where each button is defined, tinkered around until I got Left click able to be remapped, imagine it would apply to other corsair models as well.

1. go to : "C:\Program Files (x86)\Corsair\Corsair Utility Engine\devices"
2. open the xml of your device in notepad, for me "profile_scimitar.xml"
3. near the bottom is the line

Code:

<protectedKeys size="dynamic">
<item>Mouse1</item>
</protectedKeys>

4. remove the line Mouse1 to create
Code:

<protectedKeys size="dynamic">
<item></item>
</protectedKeys>

Corsair James 03-09-2017 02:57 PM

Just for my curiosity, what is it you're binding to left click?

YayBacon 03-09-2017 03:32 PM

x

Couple different macros that are common with this one fps game A.v.a. After firing the sniper rifle, if you switch to knife, back to the rifle and zoom in. it shortens the delay before firing a follow up shot.. bit of a cheat. Also every rifle requires a slightly different amount of time, so I have half of the scimitars 12 side buttons set to change the profile to the correct left click macro for whichever rifle. Posted about it in the cue suggestion thread a month or so ago.

Corsair James 03-09-2017 05:13 PM

The issue with, and why I didn't make left click bindable, is if someone misclicks the area on the mouse, you wont be able to do anything since left click on the mouse will no longer exist. I got some suggestions to prevent this from happening but Im not sure how many people will bind left click in comparison to the amount of work Id need to do. For now though, I'll keep an eye on this. I am glad you were able to find a resolution though.

Comet ☄ 04-14-2017 03:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corsair James (Post 894501)
The issue with, and why I didn't make left click bindable, is if someone misclicks the area on the mouse, you wont be able to do anything since left click on the mouse will no longer exist. I got some suggestions to prevent this from happening but Im not sure how many people will bind left click in comparison to the amount of work Id need to do. For now though, I'll keep an eye on this. I am glad you were able to find a resolution though.

I think establishing support for the workaround is sufficient for all advanced usage; you could create a support article documenting the workaround and give the necessary warnings about why it is not advised to completely lose the left click functionality and should ensure that the user binds this to some other area.

I believe that it is very important to support the left mouse button's rebinding, not least of which is that it is a major use case to swap the left and right mouse button functionality!

schism72 05-03-2017 08:09 PM

Just bought an m65 pro rgb mouse and was looking for a way to make changes and apply macros to the left click. I almost gave up and took this back to Best Buy. Yes I could use AutoHotkey but the CUE macro creator is pretty dang good. The mouse fits my hand great so I don't know yet. Anyway thanks to OP for this nugget of information.

BullUSMC 06-08-2017 05:51 PM

Thank you for posting this work around! I have also been very annoyed at not being able to rebind the left click.

Corsair James 06-09-2017 02:01 PM

I'll sticky this so people can use it at their own risk.

Hossein Ghr 12-08-2017 06:02 AM

i have a corsair glaive mouse but i cant change my left click and i try that but not work
pls can anyone help me?
i want change my left click with my right click

LuckyNumb3r.13 01-04-2018 08:57 PM

No permission

Quote:

Originally Posted by Corsair James (Post 907346)
I'll sticky this so people can use it at their own risk.

When i try to edit the file and remove the "Mouse1" texts i get the "You don't have permission to open this file" message.

I've gone into the properties of the file and added in read and write privileges but it doesn't seem to work.

iotah 02-01-2018 06:50 AM

I bought for this option

Thanks for the hacking. ^^

https://i.imgur.com/siZdtAw.png

iotah 02-01-2018 06:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LuckyNumb3r.13 (Post 933785)
When i try to edit the file and remove the "Mouse1" texts i get the "You don't have permission to open this file" message.

I've gone into the properties of the file and added in read and write privileges but it doesn't seem to work.

I had the same message.

Copy the file to the desktop.
Make a backup :sunglasse
Modify the file
Replaces the original file

Glosflyeruk 03-28-2018 04:11 PM

How do I get the sniper button to work in Battlefield 1?
I've tried everything

Glosflyeruk 03-28-2018 04:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glosflyeruk (Post 947285)
How do I get the sniper button to work in Battlefield 1?
I've tried everything

Its a M65 pro rgb

doublec0393 06-14-2018 04:40 PM

when i follow this guide, left click is still not able to be remapped, am i doing something wrong?