Corsair Community

How do I change my LED light colour?

M3946YT3

In the software, I can see the fan temps and rpm on the left, but there are no LED changer. I have Googled and Youtubed and noticed that other people can easily change the colour of the LED by clicking on that and then use the colour picker. I dont have that!

I have double tripled check that all the connections are correct. I have even tried using another USB header on my motherboard. I have installed the latest software from the Corsair website. I even tried an older version. When reinstalling the software, I remove it, run CCleaner and manually delete the CORSAIR folder in Users/Name/Roaming/Profiles (just incase) and restart. But STILL I dont have the LED icon on the left.

Does anyone have this problem too? I just want to change it to blue to match my colour scheme.

This is a new build, new mobo cpu ram everything. (except for the case and power supply) I run Windows 8.1

Hope you guys can help!

By looking at he screenshot it does not seem the H80i is detected at all.

Are the fans connected to the H80i?

Did you install ASUS fan control software? If you did you may have to uninstall it then reinstall corsair link

Other workarounds are:

Disable USB Legacy in the BIOS.

Disable USB power suspend in Advanced Power Options

Try Spectre's advice. Getting Link and your MB to talk can be difficult. Other monitoring programs can interfere with Link, Asus in particular. When things are working right, if you tab to Options ---> Devices and click on your computer name, there should be paragraphs of motherboard info, memory, etc. Right now, I am guessing you only have 3 with a version number.

Try Spectre's advice. Getting Link and your MB to talk can be difficult. Other monitoring programs can interfere with Link, Asus in particular. When things are working right, if you tab to Options ---> Devices and click on your computer name, there should be paragraphs of motherboard info, memory, etc. Right now, I am guessing you only have 3 with a version number.

yes only have 3

Sorry guys no I tried everything it just doesnt seem to work. :(

Have you tried the Windows 8.2 registry fix? This can be found in the forums.

Is the H80i detected in Windows?

You can check by going to Devices and Printers then looks for Integrated USB Bridge.

Have you tried a mini USB B to Type A cable?

Have you tried the Windows 8.2 registry fix? This can be found in the forums.

Is the H80i detected in Windows?

You can check by going to Devices and Printers then looks for Integrated USB Bridge.

Have you tried a mini USB B to Type A cable?

What should the USB devices show?

Here are 2 screenshots of both devices selected individually :

PS: I unplugged all other USB header devices. The only USB header im using is one and that is the one from the H80i to motherboard.

patRKox7j

hlokcaWAj

The screenshots you have provided show that the H80i is detected and working normally in Windows.

Have you tried various versions of the LINK software? Does it help? 9make sure you delete the tempoary files left behind before installing a different version).

http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showthread.php?t=125350

Yes, I have followed that tutorial as well, but still nothing. Super frustrating! :(:

PS: Sorry I havent tried the registry yet, that is my last option... will get back to you guys

EUREUKAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IT WORKS!!! FINALLY!!!!

I edit the registry, after restart an automatic window popped up to ask up update from 1.5 to 1.7, I clicked yes, opened up Corsair Link and voila!!!! I CAN SEE MY LED!!!!!!! and change it!!!

This is what I done:

Navigate to this path in Registry Editor: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Enum\USB\VID_1B1C&PID_0C04

You should find one or possibly more folders of random numbers, letters, and ampersands. Under each of these folders will be a "Device Parameters" folder which has the following four important strings:

AllowIdleIrpInD3 = 1

DeviceSelectiveSuspended = 1

EnhancedPowerManagementEnabled = 1

SelectiveSuspendEnabled = 1

Just double click these individually in the far right pane and a window will pop up with the value already highlighted. Change each to "0" (zero) then save and reboot.

And I got it from this link here.

THANKS GUYS FOR YOUR HELP! MUCH APPRECIATED!!!!

Archived