Corsair Community

MX Silent double letters

Yodog

OK hi and I'm new here.

I've had my Strafe foor a while now and I'm typing thtis without correcting the errors thte keyboard makes on it own to prove a point.

This is the 2nd keyboard since the first had this issue with the <CAPS LOCK> key double ttatpping constantly. I went tot the sttoore and got it replaced when showing a video of the <CAPS LOCK> lightt going on and off on it's own while clearly keeping the key pressed down and justt wigling itt slightly.

On this keybooard it's quitet clear thtat the following keys are faulty: TT, O. But I have issues with R, D and S as well.

Now there's still warranty on the keyboard, but I'm reluctant to get anotther if this is an issue that's going to persist on a new keyboard as well... I like the intterface and the possibilities that are in terms of coloorcoding every single key as I see fit. Butt I'm not a fan of constantly having too correct every single sentense that tI type.

What's your recommendatiton?

Maby I should have specified this.

I have tried other ports and thte problem still persistst. doesn'tt matter if it's USB 2 or 3 or even an external hub. And as you can se it only affects certain keys and some more than others.

Also like the previoous keyboard it started out without any problems and has appeared after a while withtout any changes to either firmware or CUE.

I have now confirmed that this issue persists on any system. tried out 2 other computers with this keyboard and the same keys are double tapping consistantly. I'm so far not impressed with Corsair keyboards at all. this is 2 out of 2 that are faulty.

The fact that the backlighting is off color on several keys is a minor concern. But that the keys them selves are this unreliable is concerning to a whole new level!

To be perfectly honest Terabyte looking at this forum it seems that this is quite a common failure on any RGB keyboard from Corsair... And many other forums as well. Smells more like bad manufacturing processes to me really

Looking only at the forum is a "warped view" of the situation and gives a bad impression unfortunately. Peoples only tend to post on the forum when the have troubles, you'll rarely find peoples that take the time to post all is well.

They sell thousands (millions?) of keyboards, compared to those stats the "few" issues posted here on the forum are most likely a very small percentage.

To be perfectly honest Terabyte looking at this forum it seems that this is quite a common failure on any RGB keyboard from Corsair... And many other forums as well. Smells more like bad manufacturing processes to me really

check your keyboard with switch hitter. And contact corsair support and ask for a RMA.

I have already been logging some strokes with switch hitter. Some of the double taps does register. But I can see that the threshold available on it is not in range of some of the occurences. Plus it doesn't seem to want to let me change the threshold to something that will register properly.

http://www.asktheramguy.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=26933&d=1479711017

As you can see quite a few switches are faulty. but <O> is by far the worst affected key. We're talking just about 50% of the time...

o o o oo o o oo oo oo oo o o o o o o oo o o o oo oo oo oo o o oo oo o oo. Just there 13 out of 30. One of the F-keys will double tap as well, I believe it is <F2> if I'm not mistaking

As to wether forums give a warped wiew as you call it. Yes, in terms of 99% of threads being people seeking help with a problem. But that was not the statement I did. What I said was that with the frequenzy of people addressing this particular issue and that I now have 2 of 2 that have faulty keys seems somewhat suspicious.

599146068_Keyboardswitch.png.d8838741f7f3b596d322d301a84fe0c8.png

Archived