Corsair Community

Less than a Year Old Key Finish wearing off

CNCRaymond

This board was RMA'd out to me about a year ago and sat in its box for about four months before I paired it with a PC. It has been used less than a couple of times a week ever since and today I went to use it and felt something on my finger. Upon examination I found that the EXACT SAME REASON the previous K90 was replaced for, this K95 now was having. The key finish on the keys is coming off.

I don't get it, I use Razor, Azio, and Logitec back lit keyboards, all of which are way older and used far more extensively than all of my corsair boards combine and their key finish has never worn off! NEVER. Yet the k90's the k95's wears off within six (expletive) months of less than normal use. What the hell gives?

Needless to say I am not a happy camper given the cost of the keyboards. If I pay over $100.00 for a high end keyboard I expect it to last longer than a couple of GD months!

• 7 months later...

Sorry to bump an OLD Thread, but I had a similar question and issue with my K70 keyboard and the C key cap wearing out ...

http://i145.photobucket.com/albums/r202/LA_Kings_Fan/Computer%20stuff/Corsair%20C%20Key%20Cap%20Wear_zpstc8pkico.jpg

... Looks to me like THAT key at least was PAINTED on and NOT Laser etched ? anyway I can order or get a replacement C key cap for my K70 ?

Thanks Corsair James !

- Ash ( LAKF )

• 1 month later...

Archived