Corsair Community

CS650 psu intermittent noise

RevWright

Built a new system the other week and as of today I've noticed a noise, which seems to be vibration, I can only assume from the fan. It appears to come and go, staying for a few minutes and then fading away again. This is all whilst system is idle or on low use.

I've followed the recommended solutions, but to no success

Has anyone experienced this, found a solution?

• Corsair Employee

Well... until you can find out exactly what the sound is, there's not much you can do.

If you KNOW FOR A FACT that the sound is coming from the fan, and that maybe the sound is a vibration at a particular RPM, then perhaps the fan is damaged and causing it to vibrate out of balance.

Thanks for the response. It is pretty clear the psu fan is making the noise. After much inspection the vibration seems to be amplified by the case, there is a indent in the case designed to secure the psu in place, this seems to be a point of contact, and the vibration is stronger up the side panel on this side.

Could this be expected from case and psu or should I RMA? The issue with returning the power supply is that it could take 2 weeks and I need the machine for video editing work. I suppose I'm am trying to find a solution without resulting to this

Archived