Corsair Community

Corsair H110 very high temps

Anil

So I built my rig with the help of a friend but I've got one issue to resolve.

Whenever I boot I get a CPU fan error and then a CPU temperature error. I press F1 to check my temp and fan speeds. My CPU fans are working but CPU temperature is around 72C. It goes up to 82C after a minute. And this is right after boot. I think the cooler is faulty what do you think could be causing this problem?

My mobo asus x99 deluxe

My CPU Intel i7 5820k

CPU voltage 0.976v

The fins of the radiator were also damaged. I thought it was just a cosmetic issue but now I suspect it's a major issue

It sounds like the pump isn't moving liquid through the radiator. It could be a blockage or the impeller is detached from the impeller shaft inside the pump. Either way, I would RMA it.

The damage to the fins is cosmetic, and should not cause the kinds of issues described.

The only other thing I can think of is to see of the cooler is secured tightly onto the CPU. If, after the screws are tightend down, there is a fair bit of movement from the cooler, then it may require some rubber or neoprene washers to add some extra thickness to the mounting points. Some motherboard manufacturers have chosen to use non-standard thickness (thinner than normal) boards for certain models.

Archived