Corsair Community

Corsair Harpoon RGB Wireless Double-Click Problem (Solved)

• Corsair Employee
It's been a week since I contacted them but there was no reply. My whole designing work is on hold because of this I really need to buy a mouse and right now I am considering Logitech G305.

Seriously it's been a month and Corsair service center can't able to replace single peripheral! I have lost all the hope with this brand.

It was my first! and last! experience with this brand and will not recommend this brand to my family and friends

Also please do let me know a single person who keeps this much patience, who gave his device just after the delivery and again waited for 30+ days hoping to cooperate with the company fully.

Sorry for the delay you've been experiencing, Nikku1905. We are doing our best to address each and every ticket accordingly. The last thing we want is to hold you from your designing work. I'll be messaging you for your ticket # and to have it escalated.

Hi all. I registered to report the same issue. I don't understand why Corsair marks this thread as "Solved", since nothing is solved! The double click issue is still persistent. The only way to solve it was to downgrade to older firmware for the mouse and the dongle (0564 and 0549 respectively). However, the older firmware has different issues for me - sometimes the dongle does not wake up, and I have to unplug it and plug it back to get a connection.

I'm very disappointed that nobody is looking into the issue for months. It will literally take one guy to look into the firmware files for a day or two...You don't even have that many products, don't get away with the "high volume" excuse!

Hey hey. I also just registered to report this issue. It has persisted ever since I first bought the Corsair Harpoon, several months ago. It's utterly bewildering that this has been a known issue for around 6 months now and it still hasn't been addressed. I bought this mouse because I already owned the (admittedly excellent) K95 RGB Platinum Keyboard, and I was expecting the same level of quality in a Corsair mouse. Alas, such was not to be the case and this, along with the huge lapse in time for releasing a fix, has somewhat lowered my impression of Corsair.

That said, I'd like to elaborate on some things. My issue isn't limited to only the left or right mouse buttons. It can occur with any button on the mouse. At the moment, I'm experiencing the issue with the two side buttons, which I have assigned to "back button" and "forward button" in iCUE. Clicking either side button makes my browser page jump back in increments or decrements of two pages at a time (sometimes three pages at a time).

I followed other tutorials online for setting my buttons up in iCUE. That is, Remapping all mouse buttons and in "SETTINGS" choosing "REMAP/MOUSE BUTTON" and then selecting the appropriate radio button. Clicking ADVANCED and checking the "Retain original key output" box.

I get wildly inconstant results. If iCUE is not running, then the issue usually goes away. Sometimes when iCUE is running the issue goes away if I unplug the cord from the mouse and use it in wireless mode. Then after a while it comes back and plugging the cord in may or may not make the issue go away again.

Unplugging the cable from the mouse, also often seems to result in the mouse lighting locking in place with a random color (eg. not doing what it's set up to do in its iCUE profile). And the DPI toggle button's light will stay locked a green color. Clicking it will still cycle through DPI settings, but the DPI color remains locked on green.

It's all FUBAR, man.

They wont fix because they dont know how to fix. I found the solution, its not the software problem its physical problem. Here is the video, you need to clean the left button under cover. The guy have exactly our mouse ! I did the clean and it helped ! Edited by Technobeard
removed video and ill advised instructions

It's definitely a software problem. Many of the people commenting here (myself included) have just bought the mouse only a few months or weeks before the issue started happening. Also, like I mentioned, it can affect any button on the mouse. Not just left-click.

Hey hey. I also just registered to report this issue. It has persisted ever since I first bought the Corsair Harpoon, several months ago. It's utterly bewildering that this has been a known issue for around 6 months now and it still hasn't been addressed. I bought this mouse because I already owned the (admittedly excellent) K95 RGB Platinum Keyboard, and I was expecting the same level of quality in a Corsair mouse. Alas, such was not to be the case and this, along with the huge lapse in time for releasing a fix, has somewhat lowered my impression of Corsair.

That said, I'd like to elaborate on some things. My issue isn't limited to only the left or right mouse buttons. It can occur with any button on the mouse. At the moment, I'm experiencing the issue with the two side buttons, which I have assigned to "back button" and "forward button" in iCUE. Clicking either side button makes my browser page jump back in increments or decrements of two pages at a time (sometimes three pages at a time).

I followed other tutorials online for setting my buttons up in iCUE. That is, Remapping all mouse buttons and in "SETTINGS" choosing "REMAP/MOUSE BUTTON" and then selecting the appropriate radio button. Clicking ADVANCED and checking the "Retain original key output" box.

I get wildly inconstant results. If iCUE is not running, then the issue usually goes away. Sometimes when iCUE is running the issue goes away if I unplug the cord from the mouse and use it in wireless mode. Then after a while it comes back and plugging the cord in may or may not make the issue go away again.

Unplugging the cable from the mouse, also often seems to result in the mouse lighting locking in place with a random color (eg. not doing what it's set up to do in its iCUE profile). And the DPI toggle button's light will stay locked a green color. Clicking it will still cycle through DPI settings, but the DPI color remains locked on green.

It's all FUBAR, man.

The day I got the mouse, it acted very badly like first it was not responding and stuck on one random colour then, the next day when I turned on it DPI led blinked once and mouse got turned off no colour no response in any mode

Tried to run it on 3 different PCs and with/without iCUE service running!

It really didn't functioned like ordinary mouse even in USB mode.

• Corsair Employee

Can't provide much more detail about the progress, but overall things are looking good from testing. As soon as I have information I can share outwards for all of you who have been waiting patiently, I will make sure it gets posted here.

They wont fix because they dont know how to fix. I found the solution, its not the software problem its physical problem. Here is the video, you need to clean the left button under cover. The guy have exactly our mouse ! I did the clean and it helped !

We strongly recommend against performing this procedure as it could void your warranty on the mouse. This could potentially cause irreparable damage to the device.

Edited by Technobeard
original post edited

I have the Harpoon and it is less than 30 days old, and I have the same double-click problem as everyone else.

Returning is a PITA and would leave me with the old Razer mouse that I replaced (only because it is corded).

What is the status on this issue within the iCUE software team, @Corsa Nick ?

Can't provide much more detail about the progress, but overall things are looking good from testing. As soon as I have information I can share outwards for all of you who have been waiting patiently, I will make sure it gets posted here.

We strongly recommend against performing this procedure as it could void your warranty on the mouse. This could potentially cause irreparable damage to the device.

Just created my account to add that I am having this issue too. First Corsair product and I love the feel of this mouse :( . I just got this mouse Oct 3rd 2020.

Dongle FW 1.7.58

Mouse FW 1.9.85

iCUE ver. 3.33.246

I will exchange it for a new one today and hopefully it was just a bad mouse. Will come back with an update after replacement.

Just created my account to add that I am having this issue too. First Corsair product and I love the feel of this mouse :( . I just got this mouse Oct 3rd 2020.

Dongle FW 1.7.58

Mouse FW 1.9.85

iCUE ver. 3.33.246

I will exchange it for a new one today and hopefully it was just a bad mouse. Will come back with an update after replacement.

Try not to update the new mouse until things looks promising in future.

Try not to update the new mouse until things looks promising in future.

I uninstalled iCUE earlier before returning the first mouse, and I have not installed iCUE yet. After getting my replacement, for approx. 3hrs now, the double clicking is gone.

All I have done is:

1) Use the mouse while plugged in to charge for about an hour

2) Since after the charge, use only the slipstream dongle

I am afraid to install iCUE again to cause problems and do not want to update the mouse. I assume there is no other way to obtain my firmware version for this new mouse without iCUE so I can reference the difference?

P.S.

I wish there was a way to turn off the RGB and view battery level(%) without iCUE installed/running.

Edited by GTX2020

Been following this thread for a while. Clearly this should be a priority for the company and yet there is no progress to speak of. For how long has the community waited with only promises? Pretty sad. This is my first Corsair product and maybe my last.

Registered so I could add into this dumpster fire. I've had this mouse (Corsair Harpoon RGB Wireless) for about 4 months now, and somehow there's still not a fix for this issue? I'm sure if any other company had this issue, they'd figure out SOMETHING to push out as a fix in less than a month.

I had to reinstall pre-1.0 build software for my mouse that wouldn't even let me change my dpi, just for a temporary fix to this issue. How is that a solution?

The comments expressing that this is a driver issue registering the mouse as more than one mouse seem to be correct.

After buying this POS mouse and a Corsair Void Pro Wireless headset that won't stay charged (despite having RGB turned off) my faith in Corsair is gone. Planning on bringing mouse back to Best Buy and just getting store credit for it, I'm done waiting for a fix that seems like it's never coming.

As a terporarily solution I went to my device manager and tested by disabling each mouse driver serperately (right clicking and then clicking disable).

I went on to a Click Counter website to test when my mouse is clicking double.

Seems to work fine once I found the one causing the issue and keeping it disabled.

Capture.jpg

This whole issue is making me not want to buy corsair products ever again, its been almost a year and currently i have 2 harpoons bc my first i was told it was the triggers and to send it in (lost my receipt my fault) got a 2nd 4 months later worked fine till someone updated it, so you've had a year to fix it, common man just give us the base firmware so we can at least use our investment

Reverting to the older firmware mentioned earlier in the thread does help significantly. It still causes some issues for some users, but it's quite usable compared to what is going on with the newest ones. But enough of the beta testing, let us try the darn firmware already! It's been nearly 9 months of this with a very expensive new mouse not working like one. Let's do this already.

Just to confirm with both of you. You reverted to the older firmware and it resolved the double click issue? Which programs are being affected? Can you provide the version of FW you're both using for the dongle and mouse under settings in iCUE? Also, which version of iCUE are you using?

Just an update, still no double clicking, but I haven't installed iCUE. I do not know my firmware. Sucks to have to be worried to use software that is supposed to be used. I wish there was a way to see the battery % and turn off RGB without the software installed and running. I really want to use the mouse as it is intended for but don't want double clicks again...

I'm still rolling the old firmware. Clicking is perfect, though this firmware has other issues as I mentioned (sometimes the dongle does not wake up). I know it's just a mouse, but I actually use it for work (not gaming), while some other users probably make their money with games. It's an important tool, though it seems that Corsair does not care.

Question: Is there a list of all firmwares of the mouse? I would like to see if there was something in between the oldest one and the latest. Maybe it does not have the double-click issue, and has the sleep problem solved.