Corsair Community

Corsair Harpoon RGB Wireless Double-Click Problem (Solved)

Just an update, still no double clicking, but I haven't installed iCUE. I do not know my firmware. Sucks to have to be worried to use software that is supposed to be used. I wish there was a way to see the battery % and turn off RGB without the software installed and running. I really want to use the mouse as it is intended for but don't want double clicks again...

I also got replacement after a long wait! 40 days!

It's been 2 weeks with my replacement mouse. I am also not using iCUE software and things are working fine till now.

I am using mouse over Bluetooth and I can track it's battery on PC settings,

When it reached 50% dpi led started blinking amber when ever I switch on the mouse I think basic battery indicator like dpi one is okay for me.

As for RGB, yeah I want it to glow and do cycles but it is too bright for me and I am worried as it affects the battery life after the charge cycle. I didn't find any other way to tune that up.

I am thinking to install iCUE move it to battery saving mode via connected to slipstream which will turn off mouse lighting except dpi in all three modes and after that uninstall iCUE from the roots of the system but I am worried that iCUE will screw up the mouse.

Make it fast. Make it happen. I appreciate the thanks for patience but patience has ran out. Fix the issue or make it better NOW. Tired of waiting months and months if in the end all I am going to do is buy a different mouse from a different brand. You have next week or I go to a competitor and never come back.

Make it fast. Make it happen. I appreciate the thanks for patience but patience has ran out. Fix the issue or make it better NOW. Tired of waiting months and months if in the end all I am going to do is buy a different mouse from a different brand. You have next week or I go to a competitor and never come back.

Yes, nothing to add here. Registered just for this.

Thank you for providing feedback regarding your experience guys. We have received a number of units from the community, that have confirmed repeated issues, to expand our test group size for FW updates. There is progress in enhancing the FW, and once we are confident that the behavior has been corrected, we can release it. I'll update you all once I know more information.

Silence and inaction is not a process. You could have rolled back to the last working version, so that people could at least use their mice. The level of incompetence is unbelievable.

Maybe Corsair can offer an exchange for the Harpoon? I'll gladly return this one for credit towards a different Corsair mouse and even give you more of my money for the difference in cost...assuming the mouse works. I buy so much Corsair hardware. This will be a bitter goodbye as I will not buy ram, keyboards, or anything else. Literally thousands and thousands of dollars. Gone. The smugness of this delay and lack of results is the most bothersome part of it all. Anyone want to recommend a gaming mouse from someone other than Corsair? Always loved Logitech.

Another user with the same issue of random multiple clicks by Corsair Harpoon. Bought this mouse last year during Black Friday and only now it started to give me this issue.

Just updated iCUE to the latest version but doesn't seem to have it solved.

Icue: 3.34.161

Dongle FW: 1.7.58

Mouse FW: 1.9.85

Looking forward for a solution (either by fixing the FW or by replacing the mouse)

I should have an update early next week for you guys, and more insight. Thanks for being patient with the process. As soon as I have more details, I'll let you all know.

Will we meet the early next week deadline? It's almost mid day Wednesday in NA.

The fix must cost more than the thousands and thousands Corsair stands to lose from the dozens of builds I will be doing....and any personal upgrades or builds I want to do. I mean....this isn't a bluff so where is the urgency?

Clock is ticking.

Just updated to firmware v.30.08 and it seems to have fixed the double click problem. Both wired and through the dongle (so far).

This literally was driving me nuts, and having spent thousands on Corsair products in the last year, I'm very annoyed it's taken this long to sort. Compensation is very definitely in order here, Corsair. I hope you're listening.

• Corsair Employee

Promised an update, and an update I shall deliver to you all.

The firmware update should be live and available to perform through iCUE now or very shortly. You'll see an update button at the bottom left corner of the iCUE window prompting for the update. The video below goes over the process:

[ame]

[/ame]

Your device should have a FW version of 1.11.113 after the update. Please leave additional feedback if you run into any issues, or the problem still exists.

The left mouse button on my Harpoon RGB Pro is having some issues. Sometimes if I try to click and hold to drag, I'm not able to. For example in FPS games, I can't spray the gun as the mouse just stops after I hold the left click for a couple of seconds, and then I have to click again. Also I got the mouse just 4 months ago, so I was wondering if this is a fixable issue or will I have to claim warranty.

I'm new here, so I apologize if I posted this in the wrong place but I saw this thread was about the Harpoon wireless so I posted here.

FYI: I updated to the new firmware and software today from the older, downgraded version I was running and immediately started to have issues with the left button seeming to not register or properly process the click. Changed the device polling rate from 1000 Hz/1ms to 500 Hz/2ms in settings and the behavior went away and all clicks seem (so far) normal. Mouse is Harpoon RBG. Odd behavior was with mouse wired or wireless.

Oh my god ! I stupidly updated my iCUe AND the firmware of my harpoon RGB and what was perfectly working is now bricked : my left double click doesn't work anymore !! I thought that buying this mouse while having a corsaire strafe would be easier than having tons of different hardwares with their own software, but it has been a pain in the ***** since the beginning : got problems with the keyboard (depending on where I plug the two usb, keys are typed twice or more), then I spent one month after buyin the mouse fixing the problem of beeing recognized twice (dongle / wire), and now it is almost unusable (and it is my working hardware) because of a stupid update that should have fixed this problem. Do you test sometimes what you develop ? I doubt....:mad:

EDIT :

Changed the device polling rate from 1000 Hz/1ms to 500 Hz/2ms in settings and the behavior went away and all clicks seem (so far) normal

Works for me but should not be the solution.

Edited by JahAirforce

Just registered to provide feedback:

Windows 10, x64 on the newest updates:

The dongle version does not seem to matter; using the cable seems to bring the same issues. Either way:

iCUE 3.18.77 with mouse FW 1.9.85:

- driver registering 4 times for a single physical device, 3 of which are virtual

- left double-click 25 out of 1000 clicks

- right double-click 1 out of 1000 clicks (confirmed faulty, not random, might be physical damage)

iCUE 3.18.77 with mouse FW 0.5.64:

- driver registering 3 times for a single physical device, 2 of which are virtual

- left double-click 0 out of 1000 clicks

- right double-click 0 out of 1000 clicks

Andy copied the wrong link above, so here's the old firmware. Download the one you need (the bin in a .zip for most of you) and install it via ICUE -> settings -> firmware: https://www.dropbox.com/s/h2qskaftkmit98u/Harpoon%20Wireless%20-%20Dongle%20FW%200.5.49%20-%20Mouse%20FW%200.5.64%20%282%29.zip?dl=0

EDIT 2 days later:

The old FW does not come with the double-click issue, BUT it's not really good in other ways: the mouse feels heavy and slow, e.g. when it's idle for some seconds, it takes a moment to react again. That means that the first fracture of a second of movement, the cursor does not react. I am not too sure what's worse, this or the double-click issue, tbh.

EDIT 3 days later:

The issues coming with the old FW feel worse than the occassional double-click. I will go back to the newer version, which comes with double clicks. It's a pain in the *** either way.

This is still working. Did it 1 week ago and works perfectly fine now!

Come on Corsair, what the literal ****.

Cheers!

Promised an update, and an update I shall deliver to you all.

The firmware update should be live and available to perform through iCUE now or very shortly. You'll see an update button at the bottom left corner of the iCUE window prompting for the update. The video below goes over the process:

Your device should have a FW version of 1.11.113 after the update. Please leave additional feedback if you run into any issues, or the problem still exists.

Unfortunately, this did not solve the problem for me. It actually worsened to the point that I can't even click on the toggle to show hidden icons on Windows desktop as the double click is so fast, the the panel just won't show.

I also experience issues on clicks not registering but I can't seem to replicate it consistently. Comes up randomly like when I get a viber call on desktop, I cannot click the call accept button or I cannot click on the windows search bar.

At first this update made the problem worse however while connected wirelessly (IDK if this makes a difference it was just the way I was connected) I went to device manager and uninstalled all of the "HID-compliant mouse" devices under "Mice and other pointing devices" then unplugged and plugged back in the wireless receiver and now it seems to be working perfectly. IDK if this will work for anyone else but it worked for me.

Still doesn't work for me with the latest firmware upgrade. The double-click issue with the left mouse button and side (back/forward) buttons still occurs when the mouse is plugged in via the cord.

And wireless mode still has the same old problem that I mentioned last time, where clicking the DPI button changes the DPI rate, yet the DPI light remains solid green for all modes. Also, the Corsair logo's light gets stuck on a random color (it's orange right now, even though I told it to stay solid blue in iCUE).

I tried the above poster's suggestion of removing all the listed mouse devices from the Device Manager, and then unplugging and re-plugging in the dongle. All of the same (multiple) mouse devices instantly returned and the problem persisted.

Well, that was the extremely long route to nowhere. Freaking redonk!

Thanks for the responses guys, and not sure why the behavior is still persisting. Those of you who have updated, can you confirm your Device and Dongle FW versions that are reported in iCUE under settings?

Mine is still working good so far.

Dongle: 1.7.58

Mouse: 1.11.113

Thanks for the responses guys, and not sure why the behavior is still persisting. Those of you who have updated, can you confirm your Device and Dongle FW versions that are reported in iCUE under settings?

Unfortunately, this did not solve the problem for me. It actually worsened to the point that I can't even click on the toggle to show hidden icons on Windows desktop as the double click is so fast, the the panel just won't show.

I also experience issues on clicks not registering but I can't seem to replicate it consistently. Comes up randomly like when I get a viber call on desktop, I cannot click the call accept button or I cannot click on the windows search bar.

Dongle FW: 1.7.58

Mouse FW: 1.11.113