Corsair Community

Corsair Harpoon RGB Wireless Double-Click Problem (Solved)

• Corsair Employee
Doubleclick issue turned into extra click on release issue.

Harpoon RGB Wireless Mouse; i was experiencing very heavy doubleclick issues which was bought barely a few weeks before. I had the latest firmware installed. After issuing an RMA i also got the downgrade of FW suggested and send by a friendly CS employee; "Harpoon Wireless - Dongle FW 0.5.49 - Mouse FW 0.5.64". This happened August 2020 and solved the doubleclick issue.

Now the following issue is lately becoming more apparent and consistent; extra click on mouse RELEASE. It seems to happen exclusively on hold and release - eg drag and release; and happens both to the leftclick as the rightclick after testing (also when stationary). The sensor registers another click when releasing the button a bit while the actual 'click' on return is not happening yet.

I have tried installing the latest Dongle + Mouse FW via iCUE to check if this might fix this. I have to say the double click issue i had before seems gone with the latest FW (doubleclick was there immediately, but on replugging the cord the issue was gone again), but it does not resolve the extra click on mouse release issue.

Not being able to rely on (not) clicking when you want it to is.. frustrating :laughing:

Be it while gaming or eg working in Excel.

Is this something that can be solved through FW/Software? Or is a RMA recommended?

I'm very happy with other corsair products, like the K55 RGB keyboard, but i kind of hesitate to send the mouse for RMA. The earlier double clicking issue and the posts i read on the forum makes me believe it might be a general - hardware - issue (and i don't want to be without my mouse for a few weeks :biggrin:)

This sounds more likely hardware related, and I would recommend submitting a ticket for an RMA. You can do so through the following link:

https://support.corsair.com/

As a quick update, firmware for the Ironclaw Wireless should be available very shortly (today or tomorrow). The version for Harpoon Wireless is not available yet, but will be soon from what I've heard. I'll update you as soon as I confirm when it will be publicly released.

Hi guys. As you probably all aware this problem is a hardware one. The contacts on the cheap Chinese Omron switches deteriorate over time thus stopping to register clearly. Yes, it can be somewhat mitigated by software but changing the switch itself is the best possible solution. But, like me, many can't/don't want to mess with their mouse's internals. So I just want to talk about my experience with software instead. Since the double-clicking began (a few months after purchase) I've been stuck with 3.18.77 iCUE and 0.5.64 mouse firmware. It worked reasonably well until the issue just went so bad even this wouldn't help. I've tried newer software versions, yet they not just made it worse but also were giving me constant BSODs. 3.36.125/1.11.113 did fix double-clicking at the expense of almost unusable click and drag. It was still giving me BSODs though, so not an option even with new 3.0.88.0 system update. After reverting to 3.18.77 with the same 1.11.113 strange thing happened: double-clicking was gone, but click and drag worked mostly fine (there were still hiccups here and there but not that often and actually manageable). Perhaps it's just switch contacts brushing away to the point when they became flat again :) Anyway, with everyone's mouse usage drastically vary it will be hard to find a solution that fixes everything for all, even for Corsair themselves (not giving them any slack). Maybe it helps you too, maybe the problem will return aggravated, make me lose my mind and gut the mouse purchasing and swapping to Japanese Omron switches, but one thing is certain - I will not buy Corsair products again.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Everyone,

So I had the double clicking issues with the Harpoon as well. I tried various firmware versions with some success. After hearing that the latest firmware fixed the problem I updated it and found that it made the double clicking problem worse!

I read up a bit more and found out that Omron D2FC-F-K(50M) switches often have this double clicking problem. So I bought some Kalih GM 4.0 switches, took the mouse apart, de-soldered the Omron switches, soldered in the Kalih switches and put it back together. The double clicking problem is gone and mouse works like a charm.

So... confirming it's a hardware problem... but lots of manufacturers use these or similar switches from Omron with similar double clicking issues. I figure due to the mechanical nature of switches the debounce characteristics change over time, so a feature in iCUE to change the debounce settings would be awesome!

Honestly, still love this mouse. It's worth swapping the switches if you aren't afraid of soldering and don't mind voiding the warranty XD.

Untitled.thumb.png.c9f27698d56327365d9cf10705e76586.png

Edited by DreamTone

Hey Everyone,

So I had the double clicking issues with the Harpoon as well. I tried various firmware versions with some success. After hearing that the latest firmware fixed the problem I updated it and found that it made the double clicking problem worse!

I read up a bit more and found out that Omron D2FC-F-K(50M) switches often have this double clicking problem. So I bought some Kalih GM 4.0 switches, took the mouse apart, de-soldered the Omron switches, soldered in the Kalih switches and put it back together. The double clicking problem is gone and mouse works like a charm.

So... confirming it's a hardware problem... but lots of manufacturers use these or similar switches from Omron with similar double clicking issues. I figure due to the mechanical nature of switches the debounce characteristics change over time, so a feature in iCUE to change the debounce settings would be awesome!

Honestly, still love this mouse. It's worth swapping the switches if you aren't afraid of soldering and don't mind voiding the warranty XD.

This is not a cheap mouse, and buyers should not have to spend more and expend so much effort to make it work properly just because Corsair decided to cheap out on the switches that they used.

• 2 weeks later...

Running a Harpoon RBG Wireless... same issues as above. I'm getting both double clicks on press and the occasional negative edge click. (So on very rare occasion, three clicks for a press and release).

I'm running on the latest firmware 1.13.122 and 1.7.58.

NOTE: I will also sometimes get zero clicks on press and only a click on release.

Edited by Beatrice0

It's been a month since any Corsair representative gave an update regarding this whole issue. Unbelievable how poorly this was handled. Essentially they let all the mice turn into paperweights and just swept everything under the rug. Corsair isn't even pretending to care now.

• 2 weeks later...
As of right now, if you are experiencing double clicking with the latest FW update, we're recommending that you submit an RMA for replacement. You can do so through the following portal, and one of our Technical Support agents can help you with the replacement:

Is there any point in replacing the mouse with the same if they all have the same faulty switches? I can't see any point myself.

• Corsair Employee
Is there any point in replacing the mouse with the same if they all have the same faulty switches? I can't see any point myself.

If the mouse is still under warranty and experiencing issues, then is should be replaced. Ultimately it's up to you to decide if you would like to proceed with an RMA, but it is an option available to you so that you will have a working mouse.

If the mouse is still under warranty and experiencing issues, then is should be replaced. Ultimately it's up to you to decide if you would like to proceed with an RMA, but it is an option available to you so that you will have a working mouse.

but my point is, for how long? Are the new ones going to have better left click mechanicals in them? or are they going to break a few weeks after having a new one... again as others have reported? What is the point? At the moment it's effecting my wanting to buy another corsair mouse because I just do not have the confidence in them anymore. Meanwhile, I have gone back to my old wireless logitech one that never fails... even if it has no RGB.

I can see why you feel that way about switch failures. Contrary to popular belief, the switches actually have a low failure rate, and a replacement shouldn't experience the same behavior with normal use.

ok thanks for that! :biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...

This is NOT a firmware or software issue. This is a hardware issue because Corsair uses the cheap Chinese Omron switches that are notorious for having double-click issues. All mice on the market that use these switches have the same problem.

What you need to do is return your mouse to Corsair and tell them to stop buying cheap hardware only to sell them back to you, malfunctioning and at an overprice.

Just Google for "omron double click" (without quotation marks) and see for yourself.

What Corsair is trying to do now is implementing a driver feature that prevents double-clicks in a too rapid succession to circumvent the fact that they're selling faulty products.

Edited by Mortac

This is NOT a firmware or software issue. This is a hardware issue because Corsair uses the cheap Chinese Omron switches that are notorious for having double-click issues. All mice on the market that use these switches have the same problem.

What you need to do is return your mouse to Corsair and tell them to stop buying cheap hardware only to sell them back to you, malfunctioning and at an overprice.

Just Google for "omron double click" and see for yourself.

What Corsair is trying to do now is implementing a driver feature that prevents double-clicks in a too rapid succession to circumvent the fact that they're selling faulty products.

Thanks Mortac.

I've gone back to Razer to buy my mouse. Not prepared to pay for faulty goods anymore.

Thanks Mortac.

I've gone back to Razer to buy my mouse. Not prepared to pay for faulty goods anymore.

I bought a Razer with optical switches as well, which doesn't have any debouncing issues due to the mechanism of the switches themselves.

@Corsair, asking us to RMA a mouse is highly impractical, and quite frankly, more trouble than it's worth. What do you expect us to use as a pointing device while it takes weeks for us to get a replacement? Should we buy an interim mouse, instead of using that money to just buy a higher quality mouse?

Thanks Mortac.

Unfortunately, Razer also uses these Omron switches in some of their mice. I've had three of their mice, all with the same issue. I got sick of it and abandoned Razer and figured I'd go Corsair instead, only to buy this Harpoon mouse that uses the exact same switches. I feel like I'm haunted, but it's these darn switches that manufacturers cheap out on and keep buying.

China floods the market with cheap crap. Stop buying low-quality Chinese products.

I can't believe manufacturers find it worth it to keep buying these switches considering the RMAs must be piling up.

• Corsair Employee
I bought a Razer with optical switches as well, which doesn't have any debouncing issues due to the mechanism of the switches themselves.

@Corsair, asking us to RMA a mouse is highly impractical, and quite frankly, more trouble than it's worth. What do you expect us to use as a pointing device while it takes weeks for us to get a replacement? Should we buy an interim mouse, instead of using that money to just buy a higher quality mouse?

All our mice come with a 2-year warranty, so if it develops an issue that requires replacement, you can do so within that period. We do offer an advanced RMA replacement service as well to minimize downtime. If you would like to explore this option, you can request it with the support agent when you file a support ticket through the portal below:

• Corsair Employee

Quick update for all of you. The feature previously discussed in the thread has been enabled in iCUE for the Harpoon Wireless mice. Please try performing the following before submitting an RMA on our support site.

Download and Install the latest version of iCUE 4.X.X

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/downloads

Select the Harpoon Wireless on the Home page of iCUE

Select Device Settings

attachment.php?attachmentid=40798&stc=1&d=1616801484

Locate the option "Enable Button Response Optimization

Click the toggle to the OFF (left) position to disable it

attachment.php?attachmentid=40799&stc=1&d=1616801484

*The mode shown below is set to ON, make sure it’s turned off.*

Please provide feedback if this corrects your double-clicking behavior with the Haproon Wireless.

776226766_HarpoonDeviceSettings.png.f653c122e64e0aa7a94212683cdbcff2.png

1480205143_HarpoonButtonResponseOptimization.png.1eda57f26c8d6c71da1a6f1201c43e7f.png

Quick update for all of you. The feature previously discussed in the thread has been enabled in iCUE for the Harpoon Wireless mice. Please try performing the following before submitting an RMA on our support site.

Download and Install the latest version of iCUE 4.X.X

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/downloads

Select the Harpoon Wireless on the Home page of iCUE

Select Device Settings

attachment.php?attachmentid=40798&stc=1&d=1616801484

Locate the option "Enable Button Response Optimization

Click the toggle to the OFF (left) position to disable it

attachment.php?attachmentid=40799&stc=1&d=1616801484

*The mode shown below is set to ON, make sure it’s turned off.*

Please provide feedback if this corrects your double-clicking behavior with the Haproon Wireless.

I updated by iCUE software to 4.9.350, but there is no "Enable Button Response Optimization" option available for my Corsair Harpoon Wireless RGB

• Corsair Employee
Why do you have two different versions of iCUE? Mine is 3.38.61 and I see you offer two separate versions.

What's the difference between the versions?

And will I lose all my macros by uninstalling 3.38.61 and then installing 4.9.350?

iCUE 4.9.350 is an optional download currently, and will be the new UI we are transitioning to. Your profiles should carry over just fine to the new platform. You can also back up your profiles in 3.38.61 first if you're concerned.

I updated by iCUE software to 4.9.350, but there is no "Enable Button Response Optimization" option available for my Corsair Harpoon Wireless RGB

Which FW version do you have installed for the Harpoon Wireless? You can check in device settings.

Giving this a go so will let you know how I get on towards the end of the day. (UK time)

I'm liking this new software but I noticed there doesn't seem to be as many lightning options as the older one. Will this be added to in the future?

I have k55 keyboard to. It has even less...