Corsair Community

Faulty RAM, how does returning work?

Hi all, after 3 months or so my PC started crashing, and refusing to boot while throwing POST codes pointing to the RAM. I got it to work again with both 4GB modules of domninator platinum but now it will only work with one, tried them both in different slots and channels. So If I RMA MY 4gb stick, how long do I wait for a replacement? I do quite a bit of work from home and I can already notice the difference, especially when 8GB was still not enough for me. Do I pay for shipping?

Is the ram part of a kit?

You normally have to pay shipping to return to corsair. They pay for return.

Yes, an 8GB kit but only one module seems faulty. I am currently trying to troubleshoot this as since this morning it appears it could be my mobo. Some people have had the same issue where their board was flexing where the heatsink was on too tight, weird fix but worth a shot. Could also be a bent CPU pin but that wouldn't work fine for 3 months and then start failing, would it?

You will need to return all modules as they are part of a kit.

As you need the RAM to do work, you can request an advanced RMA by calling customer service via phone after you have submitted an RMA request and uploaded a picture of the invoice as proof of purchase. An advanced RMA will require a valid CC.

You can contact customer service using Skype by calling their toll-free number which can be found on their contact page.

Warranty information and the RMA process can be found here.

http://www.corsair.com/en/support/warranty

Archived