Corsair Community

Old link commander

BLACKBIRDxx

I have the old link commander and the older h100 cooler. When I upgraded to windows 10 there was no software upgrade for win 10 and I just unplugged it. I waited for a while and no upgrade so I left it unplugged. I decided to install the link commander pro and get the system working again. Now I have 2 more problems 1st, is there a way to use the h100 with the new link as I see no cable that will work? Second I have 4 led strips with the old connectors on them, is the anyway to use the old led strips with the new commander pro? Thanks

Second I have 4 led strips with the old connectors on them, is the anyway to use the old led strips with the new commander pro? Thanks

Hi bud.. Sorry to say those strips use a diff voltage/system to the newer ones and indeed the Commander pro

As I recall, the H100 didn't have USB connection for Link and that only started with the H100i? You could install it, connect the fans to the Commander Pro and use Link to control them that way. The older led strips are compatible with a Commander Mini, but they are like hens teeth.

The "problem" is your old Link Commander that is not recognized at all.

You should have a Commander mini (with the Link connectors) to see in Corsair Link Software your H100, this is the only way.

attachment.php?attachmentid=31436&stc=1&d=1509109438

I have mine connected to a Commander mini (as suggested) and Corsair Link show it as a cooling node.

318336397_CorsairandH100.thumb.png.64d6e78bb146e744f781520266f6e39c.png

Things become obsolete fast in this game. I have an "old" Commander Mini laying around. Replaced it with a Commander Pro. The mini is not even a year old! CPU is an I7-5820k - Haswell-e. It's 1 year old and 2 generations out of date already. 3 if you count Coffee Lake. My GPU is an AMD R9-290x. At least 3 generations old. It's been quite a year!! I have thought about trying to run the Commander Mini along side the Commander Pro. I can't think of any reason why that shouldn't work.

LicSqualo - you are saying you have an H100 connected to a Commander Mini and it shows up in Link as a cooling node??:thinking:

Bloody hell.. I thought I was having problem. Just so you are aware and it might help, you can run more than one Lighting Hub off of the LED channels on Commander Pro. The control wire that leads from the Hub to the LED Channel just solder the four wires in 2 pairs and crimp the female PCB connection terminal. .Obviously you must make sure that you pair up the correct two wires. The black wire with grey/white line is the furthest from the arrow on the connection housing , but don't tell any one I told you.

xl...out

Archived