Corsair Community

Green LED behaving strange on TAB key + others

alexbruno

Hi there,

A few weeks ago my TAB key stopped displaying green. For some reason, whenever I set the key to the color white, it shows pink instead.

Another test: when I set all LEDs off, I selected my TAB key to make it green. The TAB key did not light up green, but a faint green appears on the following keys: ~, Caps Lock, Left Shift, Left Ctrl, Q, W, E, R, T, Y, U, I, +, F12, and 7 on the numpad.

I've made sure to update all drivers and firmware and am still experiencing the issue.

Any idea how I might be able to fix?

Thanks much.

• Corsair Employee

This was posted by Jkraghify in another thread:

Troubleshoot guide: Make sure you are running the latest CUE and keyboard firmware.

-Use a supported USB configuration (either 2 USB 2.0 or 1 USB 3.0)

-Make a completely new profile

In mode 1, make the keyboard 100% red

In mode 2, make the keyboard 100% green

In mode 3, make the keyboard 100% blue

In a fourth mode, make the keyboard 100% white

Do any of the modes look weird to you? If so - proceed troubleshooting

If these look normal, then there are lighting effects mixing in the profile you uploaded.

-Reflash the firmware

Under "Settings" --> "Device" click the "update firmware" button and force an update from the server.

If it is still behaving the same, contact support for a hard reset.

You will have to contact Corsair Support to get information on the hard reset. The Corsair forum team isn't technical support, although they do answer technical questions on the forum.

Here's the link to the corsair contact page. You want to contact technical support.

http://www.corsair.com/en/company/contact

If you can, please update this post and tell us if the hard reset works for your keyboard. This sort of information is useful to people looking to buy these products in the future :)

• 4 weeks later...

Updating for posterity—

Filed a ticket with tech support and they had me do a hardware reset, unfortunately this did not solve my issue.

So, they promptly sent me RMA information and a shipping label and I mailed it off to Corsair.

Today I received another keyboard (may have been refurbished? It was packaged like new but had a few scuffs here and there, as well as an imperfection on the Corsair logo's "R", but I'm OK with it. Mostly glad I didn't get a replacement with the "tramp stamp" logo.)

All is working great now. Thanks for your help everyone!

Archived