Corsair Community

Void Wireless disconnects and statics

UsernameTaken

Hello,

I am writing this thread to address some issues with the CUE software (mainly the firmware 33 update). The product affected is the Void Wireless (Not the SE edition).

1. The headphones keep disconnecting every few minutes

2. There is a static sound when charging the headphones or just in general use

3. Sometimes, the headphones would work normally for a few SECONDS (seconds, not minutes) then suddenly static then it is not working any more

4. Pairing mode DOES NOT WORK even doing what was instructed by other members

5. Sometimes, the dongle would not be recognised by CUE/does not light up when connected to a USB port

6. Sometimes, audio quality is very bad before disconnecting

7. Muddy audio quality sometimes

8. Elaboration on point 3, headphones work for a few seconds and then does not connect with the dongle and statics

9. Headphones would turn the volume down/up without user action

10. Sudden static with high dB levels

11. Cannot turn on headphones

So...

1. Yes, I have tried to plug the dongle into another USB port, does not solve the issue

2. I don't have another PC to test this on

3. The static issue exists while CUE is off and on

4. Can I just repair CUE instead of reinstalling it?

5. Yes, the headphones are set to the default device in the playback devices and recording devices (something along those lines)

Note: If anyone would like to PM me with another firmware update, that would be great.

And that's about it. I will edit this post should there be anymore questions.

1. This is a known issue with FW 33.

2. Might be a grounding issue. Have you tried a different USB port and charging cable (microUSB)? Have you tried a different socket from the wall/UPS? (PSU cable)

3. Do you have any other wireless devices near the headset and dongle? Have you tried moving the dongle closer to the headset e.g. front panel USB ports?

4. Which step are you stuck on/step that is not working for you?

5. Latest BIOS, chipset drivers and Windows updates? Disabled any USB power saving features in Windows and the BIOS (If available)?

6. Refer to 3.

7. Might be related to 3, Does it occur in specific content or any audio that is playing? What happens to the audio/headset when the problem is gone?

8. Repairing the headset to the dongle might help. But we'll need to see what is wrong in 4 that is preventing you from getting the dongle/headset into pairing mode.

Questions

2. This is usually the last step when our suggestions are exhausted. Though it is a quicker process to determine whether there is any problem with the dongle or headset.

4. It would be best to perform a full reinstall instead of a repair, though it should not be an issue.

i too am having this issue of static popping and clicks, just bought the headset yesterday and before the firmware update it was nice and clear, after the update it started to crackle and pop. issue is still present when the CUE software is running and not running, issue is present during games, voip, and when there is no sound (ie nothing is running)

To clear up most of the questions, I have a laptop, not a desktop.

With the grounding issue, I use a power-point to charge the headset simply because I don't have the USB ports on my laptop to charge the headphones.

With the pairing issue, both the headphones and the dongle can be put in pairing mode, just the actual pair step will not work.

I don't know how to update chipset/BIOS (UEFI) drivers; laptops don't usually allow access to the BIOS. I also don't know how to disable any USB power saving features.

With the 'Sometimes, the headphones would work normally for a few SECONDS (seconds, not minutes) then suddenly static then it is not working any more' statement, it will disconnect and the affected applications are all the applications.

With the wireless devices issue, I have Wi-Fi on, and some mobile devices connected to Wi-Fi. There is possibly no workaround to this issue.

- Temporarily free a USB port on the laptop and charge the headset. Is the static noise present?

- Both the dongle and headset are in pairing mode but they do not pair? I would suggest you keep holding down the power button until the headset pairs with the dongle e.g. May take 30-60 seconds to pair. You could even try moving the headset around near the dongle and see if that helps.

If the headset refuses to pair, try force flashing the firmware and see whether that helps.

- What laptop model are you using?

Hello,

So for the past 3 days I can't turn on my headset. Updating the firmware does not work (It can't recognise the headset when prompted to put the cable in). There are no signs of bootloader mode (Can someone list me some signs of bootloader mode? I already know that the lights on the headset light up red, anything else?). There are no flashing red lights.

Any solutions?

I am also experiencing this issue except ive attempted to update to 33 twice now and the firmware update isnt moving at all just stays at 0% tried uninstalling the AV6302 and it got my headset to boot up and windows recognized it was connect but no sound :/ please help

I have tried force flashing it, it still does not turn on. I also don't know if the headset is in bootloader mode.

Off topic: Somehow I've merged the separate thread into this one.

Some logs (If you need them):

[2015-11-23T17:16:14]: Initializing VOID Wireless...

[2015-11-23T17:16:14]: Initialized (st=1) VOID Wireless.

[2015-11-23T17:16:14]: Device insertion processing complete for VOID Wireless.

[2015-11-23T17:17:06]: Buffer write failed, 1. request timed out for K95 RGB

[2015-11-23T17:38:54]: Device vid=1b1c pid=1b12 is marked 'slow startup'.

For full log check the .txt file.

log.txt

So when you force flash the firmware, does it successfully complete?

What happens after?

Do the InfoMix LEDs start blinking when you turn the headset on?

None of the LEDs turn on when you attempt to turn the headset on?

Can you hear the 'startup' tone when you turn the headsets on?

You can find out if your headset is in bootloader mode by plugging it in via USB and opening Devices and Printers. It should says "VOID wireless gaming..." instead of "Avnera AV6302".

Archived