Corsair Community

H80i burst all over my rig and myself

MCR202

• Corsair Employee
Holy crap! I am in the process of finishing up my build (all brand new parts) and after reading this I'm wondering if it was such a good idea to go with Corsair for a lot of the parts. One part being the H110i GTX.

I'm also surprised that nobody from Corsair has commented on this thread. Them "laying low" about this obvious issue scares me to death after the money I've invested in my brand new system.

Most of the company is out on company shutdown and we typically don't provide technical support on the forums. If users need immediate support, you're encouraged to contact our customer service or technical support teams directly.

Most of the company is out on company shutdown and we typically don't provide technical support on the forums. If users need immediate support, you're encouraged to contact our customer service or technical support teams directly.

Company shutdown?

On the 780 Ti the stuff went down in behind the fans. I'm going to get a Turkey Baster and wash down in and around the fans. I'm worried about the bearings on the fans and the cooling fins.

probably better trying to remove the cooler and clean with distilled water isopropyl will completely degrease any lubricants on the fans leaving the bearings dry. by all means clean the board carefully with it but i would not recommend cleaning the fans with isopropyl as it will remove the factory applied lubricants, also test a small area of any plastic isopropyl can sometimes leach the plasticiser from certain compounds and plastics making them brittle.

probably better trying to remove the cooler and clean with distilled water isopropyl will completely degrease any lubricants on the fans leaving the bearings dry. by all means clean the board carefully with it but i would not recommend cleaning the fans with isopropyl as it will remove the factory applied lubricants, also test a small area of any plastic isopropyl can sometimes leach the plasticiser from certain compounds and plastics making them brittle.

Thank you. Those are good points. It's already done, and so far no issues, but I'll take note if I need to clean components again in the future.

Archived