Corsair Community

H100i running 100 degrees under load, no OC

ameel

From what corsair advertised, anyone buying a 1150 motherboard would reasonably believe the cooler will fit and work.

However this is not the case. The cooler fits on many motherboards maybe, but not all 1150.unless corsair issued a compatibility list that can be read off the box before purchase and advertised that people should check compatibility with their board before purchase, advertising as compatible with 1150 is false and misleading within the Australian consumer law context.

Guys I have to agree with Ameel. There should be some sort of documentation regarding this issue in the manual just like there should have been instructions on how to mount the H100i on the AMD boards. Corsair cant get it all so lets just guide this guy to the right place to get it done right for him. Defect or not he deserves to get what he paid for or he can just return it. Someone please link this problem to the right place if you know where.

I'm just sticking to the Australian consumer law here as it applies to me. Not sure how other countries' laws work or what protection they offer, but this is a false and misleading representation by corsair within the ACL.

Moreover the product is not fit for its intended use and purpose, again within the Australian consumer law context.

i agree spending 50 cents for 4 washers to make this nice cooler work is simply too much trouble,,,just because this particular motherboard made their own unique standard of thickness is no excuse,,,hmmm,,or is it?

perhaps the m/b manufacturer should be cited for making their own set of m/b specs and not following the majority's standards.

actually im confused as to who is at fault

corsair for making their coolers compatible for 99% of m/b and not for the 1%

or

for the m/b that made their board to their own thickness while the other 99% followed the overall standards

i cant see how corsair misled you,im sure they didnt know what board you had so the misled part is a moot point,they didnt know im sure of your board being thinner made so theres no false intents made but most fortunate is corsairs return policy which is as good as it gets.

In Australia it is my right to reject a product that does not work as intended, or when there is a false and misleading representation and get a refund.

Chill out Mate!

If you bought it from an Australian retailer, no problem just return it.

If you bought from Corsair directly, I'm not sure how an Australian law would apply to a US company.

RodeoGeorge

Yes I am returning it to the retailer but corsair is at fault, not the retailer, although that doesn't concern me so long that I get my refund.

That aside what is concerning is that corsair still had not acknowledged this problem officially and as a result, innocent buyers are at risk odd damaging their cops cpus.

Corsair should really acknowledge that the cooler is not compatible with all motherboards and issue a compatibility list or offer an alternative packaging our design that addresses this

honestly i like you would be upset also but id be faulting the m/b for not following overall standards,after all the cooler works with boards other than this one.

but if i like you have already installed the washers and got it working,id just use it,thats what gives computing the personal touch,modding and making things work for you...

corsair should really acknowledge that the cooler is not compatible with all motherboards and issue a compatibility list or offer an alternative packaging our design that addresses this

this is not a compatibility issue!

Again, I have explained this to you , yet you do not seem to understand this is NOT Corsairs fault!

Besides, If your going to build your own systems you need to be prepared for such issues that come up. Not everything is going to fit perfect.

this is not a compatibility issue!

Again, I have explained this to you , yet you do not seem to understand this is NOT Corsairs fault!

Besides, If your going to build your own systems you need to be prepared for such issues that come up. Not everything is going to fit perfect.

I completely disagree, Corsair should state on the box that it works with most motherboards, from what I understand this subject has came up before and it is a known issue on some motherboards, that being said Corsair knows there are some motherboards that have issues and in my opinion they could have alleviated this issue by either supplying washers or making a note in the manual. What about the zillions of threads online and in these forums with people complaining that their pwm are not being detected by the motherboards due to apparently a resistor issue in the fan. I'm sorry in my book this is all Corsair.

It could be that your 4770k heat-spreader from cpu isn't making good contact with your internal cpu chip. This I read on PCGH.de.

There were some complaints about this with ivy-bridge cpu and the haswell could have this fault also.

So try the stock cooler and look at the temps at idle and load, if you see no difference it could be the cpu.

Also in the time of the i7 920 there were some cpu's that had a concave surface on the heat spreader, I had one of those, no Cooler made good contact, after sanding it flat, the problem was gone, lol also the warranty.

Also you can look in the bios how much volt the cpu gets, you could set it manually on 1.15v and look if the temps go down.

I have a H100i and its dead silent, cools my i7 950 with stock speed at 40 degrees Celsius on idle and on load about 60 degrees Celsius, room temp is 26.

De 950 runs hotter then a 4770K, so you should have lower temps.

You could also rma your h100i.

Best Regards

only because i want to help, i just found out that the X-shaped backplate has to be mounted a certain way. One side has a bit of a cutout on it and that side should go towards the top of the case.

i hope this helps.

i think many are anxious to install their new toys and checking the obvious is often overlooked,i know things ive done many times may look the same by appearance and get installed by prior repetition and is slightly different and has caused me having a lot of ''do overs''

• 4 years later...

It would probably be better to start a new thread than tack on to this 4 year old one. You don't have the same cooler and the troubleshooting procedures may be different.

Also, you haven't really described what is happening. Yes, we can see the peak value hit a high mark at some point, but both of your screen shots show real time normal temperatures that are steady. You also have an AMD CPU and monitoring data can be a little glitchy and I am not sure I buy an 86C package temp on the 8350. That is probably +10C over the shutdown point.

Can you describe what is happening? Do you power on the PC and the temps slowly, but continuously climb? Are your CPU temperatures overly erratic, jumpy, or unpredictable? Do you actually see the core temps hit the high marks, or is it just from the max recorded value?

Same problem (kinda) It was fine for one year I was relatively happy with that cooler at the beginning I had something around 20 degree Celsius now it's 50 for no reason. On the screen you can see max temp, that was when I was watching youtube video...

Screen 1

Screen 2

The only thing I change in my spec is mouse. (Spec in my profile)

What is going on can anyone help?

There are a number of things that could be the issue.

First, is your cooler configured as intake or exhaust?

Second, have you gone into the BIOS and made sure that the fan header that it is connected to is set to 100% to make sure that its getting the full 12V of power?

Archived