Corsair Community

H80, super quite pump and super high temps

gd6noob

I recently purchased the H80.

Ive installed it and made sure the pump is seated properly..

I booted up my computer (stock settings, never OC'd) and it seemed fine at first.. then around 15-20mins later the temps slowly got hotter..

It got around 95 Celsius and I shut down the computer..

I thought maybe the pump wasnt seatted properly, so I took it off, cleaned it and apply Arctic Silver 5.

booted up and same thing.. around 20mins later, the temps got super high into the 90's...

I plugged the 3pin into the 4pin CPU fan header, 2pin molex into the PSU molex. The fans I plugged them into the PSU 3pin header. This was a strange thing, the fans didnt spin when I plugged them into the pump. which was strange because I can see the fan profile light on but doesnt do anything when I press it..

Is there something wrong waith the pump??

Serial # is 11289402

my motherboard is the Gigabyte GA-Z68X-UD3H-B3

The pump has probably failed.

Contact your seller and ask if they can replace the H80 for you. If not you can request an RMA to replace it.

If you do not have any spare CPU coolers, You can contact customer service and ask for an advanced RMA. Note that Corsair isn't open until Monday.

I will go back to the seller and see if they can double check.. im pretty sure Ive plugged it all in right...

3pin plug into the 4pin cpu fan header and the 2 pin molex into the 4 pin PSU molex...

I was looking forward to using this puppy... I guess I will have to wait longer..

I dont want to use my stock intel cooler...

When your temps soar, check your radiator right at the hoses. One side should be getting warm to the touch. If it's not getting warm, then the pump is not pumping properly. Could be a bad pump or it could be the fan control settings in the BIOS.

Also, make sure that the fan controls in the BIOS are not limiting or turning off the full 12v to the fan headers. Try another fan header for the 3 pin also.

well, it was the pump that was faulty...

exchanged it.. now im running at 5.0ghz on my i5.. gona prime95 it and see if it holds... im hoping to get at least 5.3ghz, which is 2.0ghz faster then stock!!

temps are mid-high 30's at idle...

Archived