• Last Reply
Same thing for me

2.0.16 only detecting 1 of my 3 7970

but no flashing

and need minimize to tray

thanks

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

I have 2 cooling temp flashing red

I figure that my flashing red cooling temp that is reading 0 isn't be recognized and should be labeled nvtemp2 and reporting the GPU temp. That's just my guess.

This frustrations with beta software :wtfman::rant2::rant::[pouts::mad::thinking::brick::greencry:

• Corsair Employee
Same thing for me

2.0.16 only detecting 1 of my 3 7970

but no flashing

and need minimize to tray

thanks

This is a known issue with AMD dual GPU cards/setups. AMD CC only reports a temp when it is active and generally on a fresh boot the other cores/cards are powered down. Only under a load (furmark or equivalent) will they become active and report a temp. You can see this in the AMD CC as well. I'll see what we can do to get this added to a FAQ somewhere if we do not already have it.

• Corsair Employee
Another question

I just ordered 2 cooling and lightning kit

I know i need to update firmware on commander

But witch firmware i need on cooling and lightning node?

The shipping firmware is ok?

There is a firmware update for the Cooling Node (1.2.5) available. There is not for the Lighting Node (shipping firmware 1.1.9 is still current).

Thank

If i understand correctly( vsorry english is not my primary language)

No need to update cooling node firmware for using corsair link v2.0.16 with sp120 performance edition and af120 quiet edition?

It will work with firmware 1.1.19 on cooling node?

Thanks. I just want to be sure

• Corsair Employee
Thank

If i understand correctly( vsorry english is not my primary language)

No need to update cooling node firmware for using corsair link v2.0.16 with sp120 performance edition and af120 quiet edition?

It will work with firmware 1.1.19 on cooling node?

Thanks. I just want to be sure

You will want to update the Cooling Node to 1.2.5 in order for the AF and SP fans to be controlled by the Link software. Without the firmware update the range of control is very small if any.

This is a known issue with AMD dual GPU cards/setups. AMD CC only reports a temp when it is active and generally on a fresh boot the other cores/cards are powered down. Only under a load (furmark or equivalent) will they become active and report a temp. You can see this in the AMD CC as well. I'll see what we can do to get this added to a FAQ somewhere if we do not already have it.

Any idea as to why my nvidia cards do this? It worked in Link 1

Yes same thing with my hd7970

All 3 work in link 1

The funny thing is in link 2 only the third one work

first one (master) and second don't work

I know that because i have afterburner open and all card have 1c difference

First card are are at 38c, second are at 39 and third at 40

And link 2 tel me 40c

I started a test (Kombustor) and temp still the one of the third card

49c, both other card are lower

• Corsair Employee

Both nVidia setups I have (Single card dual GPU/3 way SLI) do not have this issue. I do not have GTX275's to test with though. It should work just as V1 did as we are still using the same GPU service. Nothing has changed in that regard. We will look into it more though and see if we can find anything.

Both nVidia setups I have (Single card dual GPU/3 way SLI) do not have this issue. I do not have GTX275's to test with though. It should work just as V1 did as we are still using the same GPU service. Nothing has changed in that regard. We will look into it more though and see if we can find anything.

Thank you. The problem started with 2.0.15 and then I hoped 2.0.16 would fix it but no luck so I uninstalled it and reinstalled 2.0.16 but no luck. I appreciate the hard work you guys put in to make us happy. :biggrin:

A little more feedback for Beta v2.0.16:

A few days ago I sat down to my PC and noticed one of the radiator fans was running slower than the other 3.

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo69/bfh1831/Corsair/Fan.jpg

I restarted the Link software and all fans adjusted to the same.

No further problems until this morning. I had two radiator fans alike and low and two fans alike and high. Again, I restarted the software and all 4 fans adjusted to the same.

I was getting ready to post about it when I heard one of my fans take off very fast. It's early but I didn't see on the software which one it was. I shut down my PC completely.

When I rebooted the fast fan was still running fast until I started the Link software. Then it slowly came down to the rest. It was one of the radiator fans.

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo69/bfh1831/Corsair/Fan2.jpg

I leave my PC on 24/7. The 4 radiator fans are stock Corsair radiator fans and plugged in to an H100. The PC had been on several days straight when this happened.

Hopefully whatever causes this situation can be looked at and fixes put in an upcoming release of software.

I haven't had any other issues.

Question Ninja....Your HD temp there is coming from your Raid? Combined or picking the hotest one of them both or coolest? very curious and wondering how you came to conclusion that it was your 1TB HDs in Raid with that temp and not your other Raid HDs (Iam sure they all have built in sensors but wondering) I myself have Raid0 for the OS and 2 storage drives and can't seem to get temps for the Raid ones knowing all 4 of my drives have sensors built in them and the storage drives were the only ones showing temps. 2x Veloci-raptors in Raid0 (OS) and 2x 1.5 TB Caviar Black (Storage)

Question Ninja....Your HD temp there is coming from your Raid? Combined or picking the hotest one of them both or coolest? very curious and wondering how you came to conclusion that it was your 1TB HDs in Raid with that temp and not your other Raid HDs (Iam sure they all have built in sensors but wondering) I myself have Raid0 for the OS and 2 storage drives and can't seem to get temps for the Raid ones knowing all 4 of my drives have sensors built in them and the storage drives were the only ones showing temps. 2x Veloci-raptors in Raid0 (OS) and 2x 1.5 TB Caviar Black (Storage)

Actually I am just using Temp Probes placed in the midst of the drives to get an approximate idea of the drive temps. The actual drive temps are about 12 degrees higher or so.

I don't think the link software can detect drive temps once they are put in a RAID array.

I have a hardware RAID array for the 4 2TB drives and I can use a program that comes with that RAID card to show individual drives temps for those 4 drives. The probe I placed in that location shows about 12 degrees lower than what the drives actually are.

I use the info from the probes, however, to control the drive fans, notifications, and automatic shutdown in my custom profile (taking into account the temp difference).

A little more feedback for Beta v2.0.16:

A few days ago I sat down to my PC and noticed one of the radiator fans was running slower than the other 3.

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo69/bfh1831/Corsair/Fan.jpg

I restarted the Link software and all fans adjusted to the same.

No further problems until this morning. I had two radiator fans alike and low and two fans alike and high. Again, I restarted the software and all 4 fans adjusted to the same.

I was getting ready to post about it when I heard one of my fans take off very fast. It's early but I didn't see on the software which one it was. I shut down my PC completely.

When I rebooted the fast fan was still running fast until I started the Link software. Then it slowly came down to the rest. It was one of the radiator fans.

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo69/bfh1831/Corsair/Fan2.jpg

I leave my PC on 24/7. The 4 radiator fans are stock Corsair radiator fans and plugged in to an H100. The PC had been on several days straight when this happened.

Hopefully whatever causes this situation can be looked at and fixes put in an upcoming release of software.

I haven't had any other issues.

Also I hope I have the same problem in a future software fix

• 4 weeks later...

Hi,

i have updated to corsair link v2 (system with H80, 1200i) using links indicated for the Ram Guy in http://forum.corsair.com/v3/showpost.php?p=593597&postcount=31. Everything was fine, until updating firmware of Cooling Node. Now i have the "Unidentified Node" thing.

This is my second Cooling node (first got bricked doing the same some months ago, updating to Commander 1.2.7 beta.)

Those are some pics:

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/612496/3.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/612496/2.jpg

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/612496/1.jpg

so, another RMA? (i have tried turning off some hours, changing comander to another usb... and nothing)

Thanks.

Archived