Corsair Community

Corsair Link 2 Beta v2.0.15

bee144

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/SGTTEMPEST/PC/th_gfhjfg.png

http://i10.photobucket.com/albums/a126/SGTTEMPEST/PC/th_fghjf.png

My critiques from before haven't really changed. This looks much nicer but unless you have the AX1200i I don't think there will be much difference for any given user. HD temps still aren't detected properly which needs to be looked at.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Would like to see:

1. Ability to have software start in a minimized mode upon startup.

- One weird scenario I had:

Minimize the Link Software window (so that it only shows up in the taskbar).

Right click on the minimized icon in the taskbar and select "Close window".

Choose "Yes" to save profile.

Upon opening the Link Software again, it opens minimized (which is what I

wanted) However, upon maximizing the window, all the devices are stacked

one upon another.

I found that by selecting a different profile and then going back and

selecting my original profile that it straightens itself out.

Anyway, FYI.

So far other things I'm trying are working really well. Using the "notification" options to have my PC send an email and automatically shutdown if certain conditions occur seems to be working great!!!

Really happy with the software right now.

A big lack the mode 'auto-start the software, or do so that when you restart the pc the last profile is loaded automatically even if the software is not' running.

at the start of the pc the lights are not saved at shutdown of color and all the fans have a profile saved at shutdown except for a cooling fan that remains at the maximum speed h100 ', when I start the software everything back to normal' last saved

So your link profile and stores the remains in memory, or restart the software must be set to run automatically every time without having to click to start the software 'and a hassle, now I recognize the hdd installed but not recognize the temperatures then you can remove this option, thanks for pazzienza I hope I was clear in our demands, greetings from sguma

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v303/dabigez/Capture-1.jpg

Revans, did you have to do anything special to get your two GTX 680 GPUs to show up? I cannnot seem to find my first GTX 275 as only the second one appears in Link 2.0.16. Both of them apperared in Link V1.:confused:

Only with software 2.0.15, 2.0.16 with the course does not work anymore ', can put the executable in the folder: Autorun so' when the windows started loading the software settings corsair fans, lights.

Ram Guy I just plugged a friend a Liquid Cooling System KÜHLER H2O 920 and its software works great loads at startup and minimized to save profiles without problems on reboot, you can not copy it in its functions?

IMG_2761.JPG.d181a072213b015544c6dafb09f5a977.JPG

Nope just updated the firmware and uninstalled the previous version and then updated to 2.0

have you tried to reinstall.

I tried reinstalling then rebooting my computer and installing for a second time with no luck. Only my second GPU still shows up.

Also, I experienced a crash the second time when moving the different hardware pieces around the template.

RAM GUY, do you know if post Beta the Sierra2Service service will only run while say you have CorsairLink2 running (be that displayed or minimized) since it is set as a Automatic Windows service that never stops even if you are not collecting any data? I am guessing this might be the result of the enhanced notification functionality?

The reason is (I am hoping it is because still in beta) pretty heavy on resources. Having a screaming i7 and seeing between 8 to 10% CPU just for Sierra and Sierra2Service seems pretty extreme when nothing is going on.

• Corsair Employee
RAM GUY, do you know if post Beta the Sierra2Service service will only run while say you have CorsairLink2 running (be that displayed or minimized) since it is set as a Automatic Windows service that never stops even if you are not collecting any data? I am guessing this might be the result of the enhanced notification functionality?

The reason is (I am hoping it is because still in beta) pretty heavy on resources. Having a screaming i7 and seeing between 8 to 10% CPU just for Sierra and Sierra2Service seems pretty extreme when nothing is going on.

The service will always be running in the background. Even when the program is not running. Optimization of resources is always on the table and we will continue to look at trimming it down.

When changing the colour of the LEDs it saves it to the profile and functions fine for the rest of the time in that session of windows. After a restart the lights are defaulting to dark blue instead of aqua/turquoise. Once I open the software they stay the dark blue colour until I move the slider to change colour. The light then changes to the desired colour.

The service will always be running in the background. Even when the program is not running. Optimization of resources is always on the table and we will continue to look at trimming it down.

ive noticed link will also use 15+ percent load also but will drop to near zero load when minimized to tray.

Not sure what exactly you're asking wytnyt, what other functions? Temperature is the only option it gives under the config panel for each HDD label but it doesn't appear to be functional at this time. Unless the caviar black doesn't have a temp sensor that works properly. I did some digging and wasn't able to figure that out.

ive noticed link will also use 15+ percent load also but will drop to near zero load when minimized to tray.

I noticed two things:

1. First after uninstalling, removing any Corsair 1.x leftovers and reinstalling 2.16 beta the load was less, but of course more when the GUI was up vs minimized.
  2. Second was encountering issues with LED control not working correctly based on temp group. It was like you had to keep resetting LED control to normal and then back to temp for them to work for me.

None of that was earth shattering, that was this evenings events! (Or ultimately lack there of)!!!

Appears the entire CL Commander freaked! All my fan control, disappeared to the point of almost cooking my CPU over 70C! Not a single fan (which were all under CL control) were or would spin.

Shutdown and retired to no avail, checking connections, nothing... just everything connected to commander (except lightening, yeah) was gone!

Until all Link hardware was removed and fans hooked to direct power or motherboard fan headers was everything under control again.

This of course was not good. Not sure if result of beta firmware on the commander, CL hardware failure or what. But something in the Link world in my setup almost toasted my box. :eek:

So for now, I will let support try to determine best path forward since my troubles with the beta maybe 100% CL commander failure or some supporting CL device (cooling or lightening) having actual hardware issues. Just frightening to think if CL as the middleman fails your entire rig could go up in smoke. Brings a whole new view to fan control that I never worried about. :sigh!:

if tj max was reached ,the computer would shut itself down,a safety feature built into the mb

and yes it does work as my 2600 has reached that point many times.

Ya, I know that, I was talking more in metaphorically sense, since my dual GTX670 would have hit much higher temps than the processor.

Thankfully my Asus MB was the one that detected the issue and was the one that saved my backside. But still not good when the product line (CL) is so pricing and it appears I am not the only one that has had "issues" with the product line if you read the forums and tubes.

Hey guys I installed 2.0.16 and updated the firmware, the software is only detecting 1 of the 2 7970's I have installed in my system

Yes, one of my GTX 275's isn't showing up. Do you have a failed cooling temp flashing red?

Ya, I know that, I was talking more in metaphorically sense, since my dual GTX670 would have hit much higher temps than the processor.

Thankfully my Asus MB was the one that detected the issue and was the one that saved my backside. But still not good when the product line (CL) is so pricing and it appears I am not the only one that has had "issues" with the product line if you read the forums and tubes.

Good grief.....I wonder what the policy is if this hardware causes your pc to fry..... >.< anyhow back to beta testing ........lawl......gimme the dam link for free as I have been the beta tester for so long corsair!!!.....lol...... on a serious note make sure you havn't "bricked" your cooling node, as mine and many others have had this happen when trying to update the firmware which would result in total lose of all controls that is connected to that node.

I installed my AX1200i yesterday and I like its integration so far. It was my understanding though that I would be able to see each output port on the PSU and how much each "line" was drawing out. I realize this is beta but at the same time there is a lot a potential here.

Also, it'd be nice to be able to log the different items like power in and power out. As of right now you can only log the 1200i temp and fan speed.

Hey guys I installed 2.0.16 and updated the firmware, the software is only detecting 1 of the 2 7970's I have installed in my system

Yes, one of my GTX 275's isn't showing up. Do you have a failed cooling temp flashing red?

Same thing for me

2.0.16 only detecting 1 of my 3 7970

but no flashing

and need minimize to tray

thanks

Archived