Corsair Community

Corsair Link 2 Beta v2.0.15

bee144

Will the new firmware make the link any less compatible with the corsair SP/AF fans? Because if not then I wouldn't have a problem installing it as it doesn't control the fans I would like it to anyway.

It's difficult to give feedback as Corsair George asked for if we can't detect anything :/

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you mean the firmware version cannot be rolled back once updated?

Yes, you are correct. Once you update to the new firmware (Commander only) you will not be able to flash back to the old firmware. Additionally, once the new firmware is on the Commander device V1 will no longer pick up the devices (much like V2 doesn't pick up the hardware now).

Will the new firmware make the link any less compatible with the corsair SP/AF fans?

No it will not. The new firmware is only for the Commander device and will not have any effect on the Cooling Node or any fans connected to it.

Hi I would like to contribute to the software and its problems:

Software 1.2.7: create profile fans turn off my computer and then restart the profile does not load the software I need to start to get back the saved profile at shutdown pc, profile lights to restart windows will not load Neither do when I start the software, so I lights recreate the profile, I have three two hdd ssd hdd caviar back a two hdd software detects a temperature of 30 degrees celsius 128 degrees celsius third do not understand what hdd is detected wrong.

Then the problem is not less important to me 'change background of custom homes with photos, but one important thing that the software does not load with windows so I always start it manually.

With the 1.25 update speed of the fans cooolermaster the problem and 'fixed, h 100 Scythe has 4 fans but have never had problems

The new 2.0.15 softvare and 'much more' beautiful as an aesthetic problem solved I can change background photo, problems that leads from the old software even worse a hdd 30 degrees celsius 128 degrees celsius and the remaining two then here 'have worsened, according software problem with windows will not start again for the rest does not find anything then the problem can not check if lights and 'resolved

I wait for the firmware posted for the node to recognize everything and give a better guide, excuse my poor English but I used the google translator.

^^HDD/SSD temps may be off because the drives do not have built in temperature sensors. With SSDs it's not a huge deal as I don't know of any applications of the top of my head that would put them outside of their comfort zone, just ignore those temps. What I did to measure that was put one of the temperature sensors that came with the link in the lower HDD bay where I have 3 SSDs piled underneath the link commander. Good call on the custom image thing. I haven't used it yet but I can see people wanting to. Once my system becomes more static I may opt for a custom image.

If you guys use it and play around with it, please post your comments here.

Please uninstall any older version of Link before installing the new beta.

http://www.corsair.com/media/cms/drivers/Corsair_Link_V2_Beta_v2.0.15.zip

This has been tested extensively with the PSUs, and should offer the same functionality as V1 for other devices.

Since this is a beta test, we'd love to hear your feedback and suggestions. We're still working on V2, but from the beginning we were trying to incorporate a lot more of your suggestions and compatibility concerns, as well as stability.

Thanks.

Please note:

Is there any way that we could get a driver update for the Corsair Commander unit so that we can access our devices connected to it? That way we can fully test Link 2.:greengrin

• Corsair Employee

You will need to update the Firmware to the 2.X FW Version to use our Link 2.X software. But please note you cannot go back to a previous version of our Firmware at this time. The latest Firmware for the Commander is 2.06.S19. And I will post the Latest Beta version of our 2.X software shortly in this same thread. Also you will need to install t he latest 2.x Version to update this firmware. If you have the previous 2.X version you can go ahead and update the firmware before you uninstall the olde version of the software and install the new version bellow. But be sure to restart between the uninstall and before you install the new software.

Version 2.0.16 Beta with many minor Bug Fixes, sorry it is beta so I cannot release what is fixed.

Give it a few hours before the link will be live!

Cooling Node Firmware is here: http://forum.corsair.com/v3/attachment.php?attachmentid=10809&d=1339030649

CorsairLinkUSBFW_2.0.6.zip

Ram guy does not know 'if I understand correctly, but to update the firmware from version 1.19 to corsair link to 2.0.6 I use the software because 1.27' with the software 2.0.15 I do not see the link corsair, I understand you correctly?

You will need to update the Firmware to the 2.X FW Version to use our Link 2.X software. But please note you cannot go back to a previous version of our Firmware at this time. The latest Firmware for the Commander is 2.06.S19. And I will post the Latest Beta version of our 2.X software shortly in this same thread. Also you will need to install t he latest 2.x Version to update this firmware.

Give it a few hours before this link will be live!

The latest BETA 2.0.16 Software many minor Bug Fix's sorry since its Beta cannot release the fixed list.

Wow this sounds great! I will install and update everything when I get home. Thanks for trusting us mwhahahaha:evildevil

• Corsair Employee

The File is not live yet guys sorry! Sorry but I did post a note about that in my post!

Please give it some time and if the file you down load is less than 2K it has not completed the upload. It will be about an 18 Meg file for the software.

And as noted once you update the firmware on the commander you cannot go back to a previous version of the firmware...

Edit the New Beta software link is live now!

Feedback for Corsair Link 2.0.16 Beta

The interface is way better than Link 1.

I have noticed 3 things so far:

1. Link 2 does not detect my first GTX 275, only the second GTX 275.

2. Changing the order of groups around in the groups panel is confusing because the line showing where the group is currently at is hard to see.

3. I have only restarted my computer once since installing .16 but I had changed the text color and it defaulted back to the blue color.

Other than those bugs its been great. I'm going to try and use it more to see if I notice anything else.

thx revans,im a little on the middle myself

my link is working good but i like this interface but not be able to roll back sorta leaves a sour taste on the buds

so no one is getting hard drive readings,which is something important to me.

having 26 tb of hard drives,knowing if one is ready to fry is a nice feature

thx revans,im a little on the middle myself

my link is working good but i like this interface but not be able to roll back sorta leaves a sour taste on the buds

so no one is getting hard drive readings,which is something important to me.

having 26 tb of hard drives,knowing if one is ready to fry is a nice feature

Well I threw caution to the wind and did it. I'm pretty happy with it so far! Everything seems to work as well or better than v1. I can't speak for the hard drives as all mine are in RAID arrays and I don't believe individual drive temps will show up in that situation anyway.

I placed temp probes throughout my drive locations. I'd noticed last week that my individual drives run about 7 degrees C warmer than the probes indicate, so I go by that approximation.

Very very happy so far with the progress of V2.

I was concerned also about making the jump but glad I did it.

I've no desire to go back.

http://i362.photobucket.com/albums/oo69/bfh1831/Corsair/Ninjaman800D1.jpg

ninjaman can I ask what fans your using for the Radiator mine are showing High rpm the fans are Corsair SP120 high performance...Thx

Oh do you have them plugged into the Rad or Link?

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v303/dabigez/Capture-1.jpg

ninjaman can I ask what fans your using for the Radiator mine are showing High rpm the fans are Corsair SP120 high performance...Thx

Oh do you have them plugged into the Rad or Link?

Actually I'm using the stock Corsair fans plugged into the H100.

I tried the SP120 1st without the link and found that the button on the H100 would not control the fans at all. They stayed in High RPM mode. I ended up using the SP120 fans hooked directly to the Link Fan Control unit and the Link controlled them fine. Then I decided to go to 4 stock Corsair fans hooked up to the H100. Mine run between 800 to 2500 rpm or so in that configuration.

Actually I'm using the stock Corsair fans plugged into the H100.

I tried the SP120 1st without the link and found that the button on the H100 would not control the fans at all. They stayed in High RPM mode. I ended up using the SP120 fans hooked directly to the Link Fan Control unit and the Link controlled them fine. Then I decided to go to 4 stock Corsair fans hooked up to the H100. Mine run between 800 to 2500 rpm or so in that configuration.

I've thought about getting the SP120s. What was your reason for not using them?

I've thought about getting the SP120s. What was your reason for not using them?

The only reason I'm not using them on the radiator is because they did not seem to be compatible with the H100.

I'm using one of them to cool a set of drives and a couple of SP140's as case fans (One intake and one on the back to outtake).

Archived