Corsair Community

Corsair 1200w PSU Dead on Arrival. Horrible Customer service.

pancakepaddle

To anyone else that searches for corsair products, beware of their customer service.

I was told that I would have a shipping label in my email, still waiting on that. I was also told that I would not have to put an extra 300$ on my credit card while we wait to get this pos back to them. So what does the RMA Manager do? Asks for my credit card and says do this or else you are on the standard return policy.

Then Jaime The temp. Mngr Hangs up on me when I refuse to give out my card# nor did she tell me when I would receive an email with the shipping label. And now She or any of the CSR's are answering the phone.

Wow this is a winning company. Don't buy corsair products. They are wack. I'm sure the mods will delete this but will repost on newegg and the rest.

Oh and get this while on hold writing this the phone just picks and hangs up. Good job.

• Corsair Employee

I am sorry but just I spoke to our customer service manager and it seems that is is somewhat of a misunderstanding. A prepaid shipping label was sent you already so you can send the PSU back to us.

Now that being said I am not sure why you would not go back to the reseller as I am sure they would take care of you over the counter and you do not have. to wait.

If you do have questions I would suggest you call in and speak with our customer service manager she is quite reasonable and will do her best with in reason to work with you. If you should have any questions you can ask her to conference me into the conversation and I would be happy to try and help

Do you mean Jamie the one who just hung up on me, and then wouldnt answer the phone after? No. The problem is I was told by two different people we would be going under an advanced RMA. There is no misunderstanding. I was told I would not have to use my credit card to do the advance rma. Then comes your manager and screws it all up. I am straight to the point on this and I am not going to sugar coat it. I opted not to charge 300 more dollars on my card. Well just take another 2 weeks to get this **** done. Hopefully I won't be one of many with one dead psu after the other.

- 2 CSR's told me I would not be charged extra to expedite a replacement. Your service Manager changed the story.

- Your service manager hung up in my face when I questioned more about that fact I had already been told I would not have to do it that way, And did not want to use my card.

- last purchase an ax 1200w

No manufacture would do an advance RMA without a credit card. The procedure is you give your CC number, and then if you don't send back the old unit, your CC is charged. That might be where the misunderstanding is. Your CC is needed but won't be charged unless the old unit is not returned. For any manufacture to do advance RMAs without a CC number makes no sense.

Agreed. It's their standard policy to only do an advanced RMA with a credit card:

http://www.corsair.com/support/warranty/

Consumers may request advance replacement but must provide a valid credit card to secure the shipment

Either the first reps said it wrong or were confused and/or you heard them wrong. Either way the supervisor gave you the correct answer.

If it was a DOA unit though, why not just return it to the store / reseller? If it was a local store, then that would be certainly quicker, and some online resellers will cross ship, sometimes even without placing a hold on your credit card.

Well hate to break it you. I was told when I had the tracking # they would ship it out right away. The manager changed the story and said that would not be possible. It's nice to know everyone's on the same page. I was told this by two CRS's. What does it matter now? Lesson learned.

• Corsair Employee
I am sorry but we do not have anything to do with an RMA once it is approved and I would suggest speaking with a supervisor in our customer service if you have a problem with something that you were told by one of the customer service reps.

Currently Responding to Message »1/24/2012 7:01:54 PM

Hia,

Than you for choosing Corsair!

Your replacement part shipped out earlier today under UPS Tracking Number

Let us know if you have any questions.

Thank you and have a great day!

Best Regards,

RMA Support

Can you please explain why this tracking # does not work? Is this like a big F u from corsair or what rofl. I called ups and they have no records.

Archived