Corsair Community

Corsair Force Series 3 and Force GT Firmware Update 1.3

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have an 1130 drive, updated to 1.3 about 8 hrs ago, and been completely stable so far (knock on wood). I had quite a bit freezing on 1.2 but didn't experience any BSODs. I'm running AHCI, SATAIII, power settings = never turn off monitor and never turn off computer. ATTO shows approximately ~ 514MB writes / 546MB reads @1024MB.

Update 08/09/2011: System has been up for 26 hours on firmware 1.3. Played many games not one hiccup. Watched many videos not one hiccup.

Updated 08/10/2011: System up 50 hrs no bsods and no freezing.

Updated 08/11/2011: up 75 hrs no bsods no freezing

Sorry noob here want to jump in, I have several question as I've had same lock-up problem on my Force 3 120GB, but not experiencing any BSOD at all. Should I update the FW? If so:

1. How should I update this FW, is it directly to my SSD (which is running OS on my PC) or have it update using another PC (make the SSD as other drive on other PC)?

2. If it can be update directly from my PC, will I need to erase my SSD and perform re-installation of my OS?

Thanks for attention... I'm really new to this SSD-thing, I thought I can trust Corsair but this first-time experience, kind of scare me tho...

I have a Force 3 60 Gig SSD and downloaded the firmware, but the 1.3 firmware file is named:

22797_fw_cl_mlc_Micron_32Gb_MT29F128G08CBACAWP_2Q_2C_1D_S_PP_R00755_s512.vic

That 32Gb in the file name bothers me..............it will work on my 60 Gig drive? Thanks.

32 Gb is one of the parameters of the type of IC used.

I have a Force 3 60 Gig SSD and downloaded the firmware, but the 1.3 firmware file is named:

22797_fw_cl_mlc_Micron_32Gb_MT29F128G08CBACAWP_2Q_2C_1D_S_PP_R00755_s512.vic

That 32Gb in the file name bothers me..............it will work on my 60 Gig drive? Thanks.

I guess this has to do with the kind of memory the disk is built up with. I believe the disk has 2 sides of 32gb which together equals 64, or "60" gb. On the 120gb ssds it says 64gb. Each side is it's own memory module. but the controller hides this fact from us. Correct me if I'm wrong though.

Graimer: More than likely it's 32 Gb, not 32 GB. That would mean they use 15 (or 16) ICs.

Was that really necessary to point out? Everyone understood what I meant. And btw.. i wrote gb, not GB.. wrong either way, but your reading failed. :)

I installed the fw 1.3 on my drive (while running windows of it). Next time I got a freeze again, after I have had resolved the problem before updating by doing all the suggested experiments.

Well so I deinstalled the intel driver (10.1.1008) again and instelled it anew. Also set the reg-infos anew (deactivate powersave). Also did a Bios reset and secure erase. I put my bare metal copy on the drive again and the issues were gone again.

Don't know if the 1.3 (and the secure erase) did the trick - I believe my stability is again on shaky legs coming from not using the newest driver or something like that... But don't want to do any more experiements as long as it is working for now (hope this will not change again).

Hi,

I'm having issues even setting my PC to AHCI mode, and i tend to use Corsair Force Series GT 120GB Trim enabled Firmware 1.2.

Also use the Mobo: ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB 3.0

And i wonder, how am i going to update the firmware when i can't even the the AHCI to see my drives? AND YES! I have tried everything everyone has posted everywhere except here.

So i was hoping for some help,

holla.

I updated successfully to 1.3, and now I secure erased the disk again. No problems to report as of the past two days! Similar read/write performance as v1.2 as well (SATA II). I don't want to rush to conclusions, but the new firmware is definitely an improvement.

Edit: I spoke too soon... got another BSOD tonight. I wasn't at the computer, so I don't know what happened, but I don't think anything was running at the time.

I successfully update to 1.3 yesterday. Today, I got the 0xF4 BSOD while listening to Pandora (no other disk I/O). I also did a secure erase of the disk the day before upgrading the firmware. I've tried another SATA cable, and that did not help either. Will this drive ever be truly fixed? I hope so!

i updated my ssd from 1.2 to 1.3 and now I get lower read speeds (it hangs a little before entering in Windows) wtf should I do now? And instead of 7.9 now I get 7.8 at experience index in windows 7. I surely regret updating to firmware 1.3:(
How are you testing the speeds?

Also, IGNORE WEI. It's less than useless.

I said that the difference in speed is noticeble to the eye after the update; it takes longer to open windows... can you recomend me a program to test my speeds ?

ATTO is the benchmark used by Corsair to obtain the max read and write for the Force 3 and Force GT drives.

Archived