Corsair Community

Corsair Force Series 3 and Force GT Firmware Update 1.3

You have an AMD based system. It appears that the problem is specific to intel chipsets from all the people who have had issues.

AMD boards are more stable with the SF-2281 drives, but several AMD users here reported the same problems as those using Intel motherboards.

Will this update help with customers that are unable to install windows on the drive?

If so, obviously I will be unable to apply the update from windows ^^

Will the update work if it is in a usb3 enclosure? Eagletech ET-CS2FSU3-BK

http://www.eagletechusa.com/ET-CS2FSU3-BK.htm

Force Series 3 and Force GT Firmware Update Ver 1.3

Some systems are not capable of this update. Users that are unable to update on their machine are encouraged to find an alternative system for updating the drive. Users that cannot manually update, or those users that have issues after the flash and after following ALL of the instructions listed here, are encouraged to file an RMA. Note that an RMA for update to firmware will result in complete erasure of the drive.

Is there no system you can use to update the drive?

Would the new 1.3rev firmware by any chance fix speed issues? My system is otherwise stable but I'm getting around 250-300 r/w with a Force 3 240GB drive using the Intel SATAIII Controller (AHCI mode). Upgrading to the 240GB has fixed the BSOD problems I had with the 120GB model but now the new drive is operating at around SATAII speeds :sigh!:

Is the drive connected to the gray/white ports on the motherboard or the navy blue ports? The gray ports are the Intel SATAIII controller, and the navy blue are the Marvell SATAIII controller.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Is the drive connected to the gray/white ports on the motherboard or the navy blue ports? The gray ports are the Intel SATAIII controller, and the navy blue are the Marvell SATAIII controller.

Its plugged into the white port and the latest Intel RST/Chipset Drivers are installed; but then again I've heard about previous Intel drivers creating problems. Also, another minor issue that I can attest to is that my system hangs for about a minute or so once or twice everyday(I think its been mentioned before); However while this used to crash my system (on the Force 3 120GB), the new drive resumes without a problem so I'm not really concerned.

after i updated from 1.2 to 1.3 on my force 3 120gb, the stability issue seem to be fine for now, but the performance HALVED! the average read speed be4 update was about 350mb, now its 150mbps. im not happy about this, i nearly rma the drive until i saw the 1.3 update here, and decided to giv it a go.

Guess my speed problems are not going to get any better with 1.3 then :eek:

Just updated, secure erased, reinstalled windows and I'm getting these speeds results. (slow1.png). Using the default MS drivers.

I remember reading somewhere that sometimes if you OC you get weird speeds like that. So I updated my bios and cleared the CMOS. Still getting slow speeds. (slow2.png). Also updated to the latest intel drivers.

Frustrations mounting.

On my old drive (1124) my reads and writes use to be almost identical.

Good news though: no "issues" other than speed at this point, but it's only been a few minutes :P

Any further results/comments on my part I will be posting in this thread

slow1.PNG.13224f3e31c0133b3d20db0971f80ab7.PNG

slow2.PNG.a9675ef8d34b138280f74d2dc4bdd4d6.PNG

spoke too soon. Just got a BSOD while doing some windows updates.

PAGE_FAULT_IN_NONPAGED_AREA

STOP 0x00000050

That is highly unlikely to be caused by the SSD. That error indicates that you have a driver that is improperly accessing paged memory while in kernel mode (that is a major no-no). The only other way that occurs is corruption of memory where a driver resides (by bad memory, power supply, overclocking, etc.).

The flash program can´t find my Force 3 could this have something to do with that my Motherboard (P5N-D) doesent support AHCI? If that is the case i have to bring it to a friend to flash it there? Or is there another way that could work? Thanks in advance.

after i updated from 1.2 to 1.3 on my force 3 120gb, the stability issue seem to be fine for now, but the performance HALVED! the average read speed be4 update was about 350mb, now its 150mbps. im not happy about this, i nearly rma the drive until i saw the 1.3 update here, and decided to giv it a go.

http://thumbnails46.imagebam.com/14391/6d36e4143903820.jpg

Secure wipe the drive.

I successfully update to 1.3 yesterday. Today, I got the 0xF4 BSOD while listening to Pandora (no other disk I/O). I also did a secure erase of the disk the day before upgrading the firmware. I've tried another SATA cable, and that did not help either. Will this drive ever be truly fixed? I hope so!

Just updated my 60 GB drives. no problems here. on one of them the speed problems are gone, but on the other one not. I m going to secure erase it and re-test tomorrow. it seems that it is still working at sata 2 specs once it passes 64 KB file sizes ... dunno why ...

i will also try to se if i can use them in raid 0 and at what speeds ...

I successfully update to 1.3 yesterday. Today, I got the 0xF4 BSOD while listening to Pandora (no other disk I/O). I also did a secure erase of the disk the day before upgrading the firmware. I've tried another SATA cable, and that did not help either. Will this drive ever be truly fixed? I hope so!

I think the secure erase should be performed after the update and not before

The flash program can´t find my Force 3 could this have something to do with that my Motherboard (P5N-D) doesent support AHCI? If that is the case i have to bring it to a friend to flash it there? Or is there another way that could work? Thanks in advance.

The flash utility only works when the drive is in AHCI mode in both BIOS and Windows, so you will have to have someone flash if for you at this time.

I have updated to the v1.3 firmware to try and fix the freezing issues within windows. Before the update, the drive would be detected by the bios and boot into windows fine. After the update (which was successful), the drive is still detected by the bios but hangs before the windows loading screen. However, if I attach the drive to my laptop (Samsung Q330), the drive starts to load windows without a problem. It looks like this FW update has introduced some additional issues. I have switched back to using my old Corsair F120 SSD for the time being.

Good news and Bad news!

Good news 1st..

I was able to install the firmware on another laptop I have an intel santa rosa t5450 c2d.

Windows actually picked up where it failed to load when I tried to install it on my sandy bridge laptop

I secure erased from parted magic and reinstalled windows on the santa rosa just in case it had drivers or whatnot loading from the 1st laptop.

secure erased again before putting it in the sandy bridge

Bad news...

New firmware has not fixed the problem when trying to install on my sandy bridge laptop h67 chipset

windows\system32\config\system

0xc00000e9

windows failed to load because the system registry file is missing or corrupt.

Ok, before and after the firmware update, I have set my power options, AHCI/Raid mode, used Microsoft drivers, Marvell drivers, Intel drivers, AMD drivers, secure erase/d (diskpart and raid option) and every other option available or advised to no avail.

I have used three different motherboards, a Gigabyte X58A-UD5 (marvell SATA III), Gigabyte X58-UD4P (SATA II) and finally a Gigabyte 880GA-UD3H (AMD 850 SB SATA III) and I have had problems with all three using two different Force 3 120's and now my two Force GT 60's. I returned the UD5 because of the Marvell "issue" and now use the UD4P (mine) and UD3H (wife's) for my testing.

After updating the firmware on both drives, no matter what I did on the AMD system, I couldn't get read speeds greater than 550 in a Raid 0. I then SE'd each drive and tried to load Windows on each (AHCI mode) and failed. After several hours, I gave up and put the GT's back in my UD4P running at SATA II speeds.

Since that time I have had a drive drop from the array and needed to cold boot to "find" it again. I have done anything and everything to get these drives to work, but they won't.

To repeat myself and avoid any confusion, I had updated the BIOS for all three boards, used Microsoft, Marvell, Intel and AMD drivers (one at a time) before and after re-installation of Windows and that is after SE'ing the drives each and every time. If a setting could be changed, it was. Oh yeah, different cables were used in various combinations causing me to dismantle my cable management URGH! If this isn't a controller issue, I don't know what is.

I have a Force GT 120gb which has been having problems with 0x7A and 0xF4(or FA, or what the usual is) bsods. They occur during runtime(not waking from sleep), and they happend once 1-2 weeks it seems.

Should I update? And also, can I do it while the disk runs win7, or do I have to find another computer to flash with?

I have a Force GT 120gb which has been having problems with 0x7A and 0xF4(or FA, or what the usual is) bsods. They occur during runtime(not waking from sleep), and they happend once 1-2 weeks it seems.

Should I update? And also, can I do it while the disk runs win7, or do I have to find another computer to flash with?

For the second question, I updated my Force 3 240gb just fine with it running the OS at the time.

For the first, I can't officially say since I'm just a user with the same information as you. But, I was having the same BSOD codes as you are and personally decided to update in hopes of fixing them. Hard to conclude anything from only two days, but so far so good.

Am i missing something?

I downloaded the firmware for my FORCE GT 120GB drive, i followed the guide on the PDF, but i can't find the right firmware for the drive, i only see 2 different firmwares, and none of these match the number on my drive (22757)

There's only 2 files on that zip file:

22788 and 22793.

Pretty sure i downloaded the right firmware, the file is:

120GB Force 3.zip

Archived