Corsair Community

TR3X6G1600C8D Just a few quick questions

EVGA has released bios updates that allow running the memory at full 1600 speed.

I am not an overclocker, but do want to get the biggest bang for the buck out of my memory. If I currently do not overclock the CPU and have the memory set to 2:12 thus 1600 8-8-8-24-59-2T. Is this the best. I see some people running the memory at 1T?

2. My QPI is set to AUTO. Can I run at 6.4 GT/s???

Thanks in advance...

Bob

You're right. I get the 8-8-8-24-41-1T from both CPU-Z and EVGA E-Leet. I am experimenting with just setting the CMD to 1T now to see if any impact. I read up on how it works. Guess if Memtest doesn't fail...then the memory is capable of the 1T as suggested by the two apps

Bob

• 3 weeks later...
You're right. I get the 8-8-8-24-41-1T from both CPU-Z and EVGA E-Leet. I am experimenting with just setting the CMD to 1T now to see if any impact. I read up on how it works. Guess if Memtest doesn't fail...then the memory is capable of the 1T as suggested by the two apps

Bob

No, you can pass memtest with 1T and still fail on the data stream from the memory controller.

To be certain of both CPU and Memory, use the Intel Linpack CPU/Memory test.

http://67.90.82.13/forums/showthread.php?t=197835

Run Linpack for full memory (1) and use a 5 pass iteration. Run Real Temp and watch the temperatures. Let the Linpack program run for the full 5 passes. The output in the screen will give you five sets of values. They should be identical for a stable CPU and DRAM.

Download Real Temp from-->

Do not let your CPU reach > 85C on full linpack mode. Test the 1T without a CPU overclock.

Archived