Corsair Community

Has the MM800 RGB Been Discontinued?

Teominious

Given I have at least 3 gripes with every one of my current peripherals, and just had to hack the non-glued mouse wheel's rubber ring off, I am going to be transitioning to a K100, M65, and a new mouse pad, however it seems as though the Polaris is literally out of stock everywhere I've looked, so I was thus wondering if it's been discontinued, or if its popularity means new units need to be produced.

Thank you for any replies that may be given!

It's rare they come out and say a product has been discontinued, but I suspect this one is no longer in production.  It is one of the original RGB pieces from the first roll out of products in 2016 and doesn't quite have the same features you'd expect going forward.  No hardware lighting, relatively small number of zones, and limited effects.  Someone was asking about this the other day and I mentioned surprise it had not been updated to a new "MM9000" or whatever name comes next.  Perhaps it will.

In the meantime, you're only other option is the MM700, which is quite different -- soft, large, and more expensive.