Corsair Community

Intallation issue H60x elite, pump does not work.

I installed the H60x RGB elite as best as I could following instructions,
however the motherboard does not have 3 pin connector anywhere and just has two sets of 4 pins on the top part of the motherboard.
I connected one of the pump and the fan each to one of these pins and while the fan turned on and works just fine, the pump does nothing.
There is no light or any indication that the pump is working in any way or form and the reading seem to confirm that as all my cores are in the high 90s
I had connected the pump to one that read LCPump and the fan to one labeled fan but since the Pump did not seem to work I switch and got the same results, fan works, pump does not.
would appreciate any assistance anyone can give.
thank you

LCPump.jpg

temps.png

The H60x Elite and H100x Elite are designed to use your motherboard 5v addressable RGB headers for lighting control.  If you do not have a 5v RGB header, you won't be able to control the lighting out of the box.  The unit can be connected as a 16 LED fan in CUE, but that requires an additional Commander XT controller and is not necessarily the intended set-up.  If you need help identifying the 5v RGB header, you need to tell us your motherboard make and model.  Not too many boards have no 5v rgb headers these days.  

The H60x should get it's pump power from the 3 pin connector originating on the pump block top end.  This can connect to any motherboard fan header, but you need to set that fan header to 100%, disabled, Full Speed, or any other language your BIOS uses to indicate a locked at 100% setting so the pump gets 12v.  Setting the header to PWM should also supply the 12v which means most CPU_FAN headers will work as they are usually locked in PWM mode.  Your CPU temps strongly indicate the pump is not operating, but it is not related to the separate lighting.  

Just to clarify, my issue is not the RGB lighting, I could not care less about that, what I need is the pump to be working and I cant figure out why its not working. 
this is where I hooked the pup to the one labeled pump and the fan to the one labeled fan. 
you can see the 3pin cable plugged into a 4pin connection. 

fan.jpg

Pump.jpg

the 4 pin socket can drive 3 or 4 pin devices. 3 pins only means that thing is not PWM.

So you have to go in the BIOS and look at the fan control feature for this LCPUMP port, to make sure it is set to 100% speed, no fan curve at all, just flat out.

It has to be set to 100%. otherwise the voltage supplied to t he pump will be reduced and it may not give enough flow to cool, or may not even start spinning at all.

Unrelated, but i noticed your RAM sticks are in the wrong slots ^^ if you get system instability, maybe move them to the currently empty slots. Your ram is very slow so it may not be an issue. Think about it if you get faster one later on 😉

• Thanks 1

I installed the H60x elite on my omen PC which has an LGA 2200 chipset, which meant (supposedly) that I did not need to take out the motherboard and change the backplate, but when I installed the cooler the fan worked appropriately but the pump did not appear to be working, as the light on the pump did not turn on and the chips were hitting 90 c
I contacted Customer service and they said I had installed it properly but that just getting an agent to help me would take a week

So naturally I decided to chage back to my old cooler; however when I lifted the H60x pump it was clear it had not been making contact with the plate.
I noted that the base connectors on the backplate were much higher than the ones on the backplate in the H60x but, would that be it?? does it need to be in contact with the chip plate in order for it to power up?

I would understand that that would be the reason its not cooling the chip, but is it also the reason its not even turning on?

There is no connection between physical contact, RGB lighting, and pump mechanical action. These are all separate issues. 

Pump power comes from the 3 pin fan connector as discussed above. At this point functionality is going to be limited to a rpm reading in the bios and feeling physical vibrations on the pump block. If the “LC pump” header does not supply power to it, try another and make sure the speed control is set to 100%, disabled, full speed, etc. as described above. 

• Thanks 1

c-attack -
Yeah, by now its simply and just all too probable that my motherboard ( from a 2 year old PC, that was labeled as a gaming pc) is just not compatible with this or possibly any competent cooling system.
Im going to have to dip into my savings and get a new motherboard and possibly a new pc case so that it will be more appropriately ventilated.
if you, or anyone can give me suggestions on a good motherboard Id appreciate it. 
Thanks. 

Edited by Veimanarts

This should not require a new motherboard under any conditions for pump power.  It's a basic 3 pin 12v power/ground/tachometer connection that is as old as can be.  If you have that plugged in and you feel nothing and get no RPM reading from the BIOS, then it's likely the pump is electrically defective.  I would expect "LC_Pump" to be for AIO pumps and set to 100% by default.  It should have worked the first time, but checking on another header like CPU fan would be a standard troubleshooting step.  If you don't get a speed reading there, then I don't see any reason to waste more time on this and that thing needs to go back as defective or exchanged through Corsair as defective.  

• Thanks 1