Corsair Community

New Corsair Voyager a1600 Bluetooth Issues

Go to solution Solved by TherinWhitten,

Hi, overall, I'm pretty happy with this new gaming Corsair Voyager a1600 gaming laptop I bought recently.  However, I am having a few issues.  Randomly, my fully charged Bluetooth powered Headset/Xbox Controller would randomly disconnect itself from my laptop, even when I'm right next to it.  I'm very new to using AMD's drivers and software, but unlike with Intel, I don't know if I can just simply update my Bluetooth Drivers.  Does anyone know what's goin' on here or if there's some sort of Bluetooth Compatibility thing I need to look into for AMD's side of things?  Still getting familiar with this laptop, only had it for a week.  But I'd like to know why my expensive peripherals just randomly disconnect for no reason at all.

• Like 1

On 5/22/2023 at 7:04 PM, ProfessionalGamer said:

Hi, overall, I'm pretty happy with this new gaming Corsair Voyager a1600 gaming laptop I bought recently.  However, I am having a few issues.  Randomly, my fully charged Bluetooth powered Headset/Xbox Controller would randomly disconnect itself from my laptop, even when I'm right next to it.  I'm very new to using AMD's drivers and software, but unlike with Intel, I don't know if I can just simply update my Bluetooth Drivers.  Does anyone know what's goin' on here or if there's some sort of Bluetooth Compatibility thing I need to look into for AMD's side of things?  Still getting familiar with this laptop, only had it for a week.  But I'd like to know why my expensive peripherals just randomly disconnect for no reason at all.

Bluetooth is def seperate fom AMD Graphic Drivers, ect. You can update them without worry. If you need to, uninstall the driver and reinstall. YOu can download it from Corsairs Downloads page. 

29 minutes ago, TherinWhitten said:

Bluetooth is def seperate fom AMD Graphic Drivers, ect. You can update them without worry. If you need to, uninstall the driver and reinstall. YOu can download it from Corsairs Downloads page. 

I've not seen the driver's on Corsairs' download page though.  Only stuff for iCUE.  Unless my half blind eyes can't see the drivers, I dunno what I'm missing.

• Solution
6 minutes ago, ProfessionalGamer said:

I've not seen the driver's on Corsairs' download page though.  Only stuff for iCUE.  Unless my half blind eyes can't see the drivers, I dunno what I'm missing.

Try Here

Then click on Downloads, and then scroll down. 

And yeah lol easy to overlook if you don't know where. 

Screenshot 2023-05-29 174700.png

Edited by TherinWhitten
Adding info

5 minutes ago, TherinWhitten said:

Try Here

Then click on Downloads, and then scroll down. 

And yeah lol easy to overlook if you don't know where. 

Screenshot 2023-05-29 174700.png

Ah bloody hell there they are.  No wonder I was looking on the entirely wrong page.  I was looking at the iCUE Download's page thinkin' it was there.  Well thanks for pointing it out!   Now I can fix my bloody controller's DC problems!  Much apperciated lad!

27 minutes ago, ProfessionalGamer said:

Ah bloody hell there they are.  No wonder I was looking on the entirely wrong page.  I was looking at the iCUE Download's page thinkin' it was there.  Well thanks for pointing it out!   Now I can fix my bloody controller's DC problems!  Much apperciated lad!

Very welcome! Best of luck and let us know how it works out.  It's a bluetooth driver, so I would imagine you would have to uninstall the old driver, while ensuring the driver is deleted, and replace it with this one, by pointing Windows to that folder. 

17 minutes ago, TherinWhitten said:

Very welcome! Best of luck and let us know how it works out.  It's a bluetooth driver, so I would imagine you would have to uninstall the old driver, while ensuring the driver is deleted, and replace it with this one, by pointing Windows to that folder. 

I'll work it all out tomorrow.  It's not like Intel's Driver's that are just so easy to click and install, i gotta do this manually and figure out where it goes.  But I'll let yah know how it works when I figure it out!

• 5 months later...

Nevermind, figured it out and it seems to be working. For some reason it was using a generic bluetooth driver, and after selecting the update>manual update and directed it to where I saved the driver I downloaded, it installed and updated to the qualcomm driver and seems to have fixed my issue. Weird that the Qualcomm driver was not default for it though.

18 hours ago, Eclipse Umbra said:

Nevermind, figured it out and it seems to be working. For some reason it was using a generic bluetooth driver, and after selecting the update>manual update and directed it to where I saved the driver I downloaded, it installed and updated to the qualcomm driver and seems to have fixed my issue. Weird that the Qualcomm driver was not default for it though.

Wait, that's the fix?!  I've had this laptop for half a year and haven't figured that out yet.  Even got in contact with Corsair's engineers.  I've had nothing but issues with this laptop.  It's a good laptop, when it works.  But I'll try that solution tonight.  I'm not used to AMD or their drivers at all.  I had to dig through Corsair's product page trying to find drivers.  Half the time they wouldn't install.  Gonna factory reset windows tonight, and try reupdating my drivers.  Also, do you still drop connection after fixing drivers?

One more thing, my laptop is stuck at 60hz.  Even though it's a 240Hz panel.  Any idea what's going on?

(Speaking of device manager.  I found out you can use the wifi 6e module under the "network hardware" section and change the bandwidth to 6ghz wireless speeds.  It's on 1ghz by default, so you should change that too.  I don't remember the exact setting but one of them in the wifi card module has a setting where you can change the GHz of your wifi speed to be faster.  Useful!)