Corsair Community

Corsair K100 freezes after latest firmware update

On 5/24/2023 at 11:14 PM, andreaz70 said:

Crazy enough. Since the upgrade to iCUE 5, the keyboard works perfectly without any freeze here. Will keep an eye on that. 

Okay... Revert. Got a freeze for 5 Seconds with a kinda "reset" some seconds ago. So, 5 won't fix it, here.

3 hours ago, andreaz70 said:

Okay... Revert. Got a freeze for 5 Seconds with a kinda "reset" some seconds ago. So, 5 won't fix it, here.

Yeah, in my case I have been using iCUE 5.x the entire time I've owned the problematic K100.

On 5/27/2023 at 11:27 PM, drwtsn32 said:

Yeah, in my case I have been using iCUE 5.x the entire time I've owned the problematic K100.

Would like to hear from corsair, if this is fixable, or not? Is that a serious hardware problem? Corsair should keep us informed, what is going on here? Did they still work on the software? Will they recall the keyboard? Whats wrong here. This is an issue for looooooooong now.

5 hours ago, andreaz70 said:

Would like to hear from corsair, if this is fixable, or not? Is that a serious hardware problem? Corsair should keep us informed, what is going on here? Did they still work on the software? Will they recall the keyboard? Whats wrong here. This is an issue for looooooooong now.

The fact that it's been 3 firmware versions and a whole iCue version later and it's still not fixed points to faulty hardware, but god forbid Corsair actually submit a recall for thousands of ~$300 pieces of hardware, that'll hurt the bottom line. 

Honestly after the whole Asus frying intel chips debacle and all the other stuff that's been going on as of late you'd think Tech companies would be on the ball of getting in front of issues like this. Guess Corsair is going to need that "pariah" moment before it clicks.

So far I have purchased this keyboard not knowing these issues have been a thing. I decided to stop using Icue and haven't had any issues after not using it. Before I was having the issues at random with disconnects like others, will update if it continues without Icue.

Just now, Exercitus said:

So far I have purchased this keyboard not knowing these issues have been a thing. I decided to stop using Icue and haven't had any issues after not using it. Before I was having the issues at random with disconnects like others, will update if it continues without Icue.

Thats sadly no workaround at all. I got a ton of stuff, that depends on iCue. Can't render that all useless. 

• Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Evergrace said:

The fact that it's been 3 firmware versions and a whole iCue version later and it's still not fixed points to faulty hardware, but god forbid Corsair actually submit a recall for thousands of ~$300 pieces of hardware, that'll hurt the bottom line. 

Honestly after the whole Asus frying intel chips debacle and all the other stuff that's been going on as of late you'd think Tech companies would be on the ball of getting in front of issues like this. Guess Corsair is going to need that "pariah" moment before it clicks.

Hmm. Been a corsair fanboi for a long time. And i still am. But sooner or later, those actions might turn me over. 
And yeah. That asus/intel thingy and also the nvidia shitshow (4060 desaster, burning 12V connectors, fooling their entire customers) made me bouncing my head to the table. It is really a shame what is happening nowadays. Seems, they like to stick a bomb into the pc market.

10 minutes ago, andreaz70 said:

Thats sadly no workaround at all. I got a ton of stuff, that depends on iCue. Can't render that all useless. 

That's really disappointing, yea I can understand that being a major headache.

Just now, Exercitus said:

That's really disappointing, yea I can understand that being a major headache.

Don't get me wrong. I really, really love that keyboard. It is one of the best i owned in years. Without that issue, it would be perfect in my eyes.
What i have here is the Virtuoso XT, 3 LT100 Towers, MM700 Extended, Stream Deck, Corsair Memories, Dark Core Pro, H150i Pro XT CPU Cooler, AX1200i, 2 Commander Pro, iCue Nexus. Said i am a corsair fanboy. Cause of that, i really DO need iCue. 😄
(my system spec in the profile is out of date, btw...).

Their system hardware still seems reliable, but man their peripherals are just having problems. My headphones (Void RGB) have usb issues, my mouse wheel doesn't scroll right (Scimitar Elite x 2) and now this K100 issue has gotten me to start not recommending Corsair for anything that's not internal, and even then I'm hesitant since everything goes through the crapshow that is iCue. 

It's disappointing to say the least.

2 minutes ago, Evergrace said:

(...) everything goes through the crapshow that is iCue. 

I think the whole pc market becomes a crapshow atm.

So for me -

Before the last update the keyboard would lose connection and I would have to manually replug the USB.

After the last update - the keyboard will freeze and lock up and reconnect after 1 or 2 seconds.

About to play Diablo 4 and thinking about hardcore mode and this is really not reliable.

Anyone try RMA? is it even helpful?

34 minutes ago, Ziddy said:

So for me -

Before the last update the keyboard would lose connection and I would have to manually replug the USB.

After the last update - the keyboard will freeze and lock up and reconnect after 1 or 2 seconds.

About to play Diablo 4 and thinking about hardcore mode and this is really not reliable.

Anyone try RMA? is it even helpful?

I have an RMA currently active, so far, no. But the stories I've read from people who have it sounds like they just send you out another K100 with the 1.9.xx firmware on it that works for like a week and then starts having the same problems. 

So no, not really helpful at all.

• Corsair Employee
On 5/26/2023 at 12:16 PM, josh125 said:

@Corsair Nick@Corsair Art@Corsair Albert

If this can't be fixed Corsair better issue a product recall.

Personally my opinion of the "Corsair" brand has been severely diminished. Due to how poorly this whole thing has been handled.

It has been over half a year and this issue is still ongoing. Why is it taking so long to fix if it is apparently not a hardware issue? Clearly more devs need to be allocated into fixing this. If it is indeed a hardware issue, would it not be best to recall before selling more units... 

We currently have a keyboard marketed towards "competitive gaming" yet it randomly disconnects. Making it utterly worthless for that purpose...

What's your ticket number?

On 5/26/2023 at 7:23 PM, Evergrace said:

This has just become asinine at this point, now your RMA system doesn't even work and I can't submit an RMA for this K100. I'm done, I want my money back for this brick of a product.

Corsair is lucky lemon laws only cover vehicles, it's been 12 months and they're continuing to sell defective boards at full retail value.

@Corsair Nick @Corsair Art @Corsair Albert

Have someone DM me with contact information so I can get a return label and I'll provide my receipts. I don't want another one of your broken boards, I want my money back.

This company should be absolutely ashamed of fleecing their customer base with this $300+ scam product.

Please PM me a screenshot of the step where you're stuck in creating a ticket.

-Art

4 hours ago, Corsair Art said:

-Art

Heya, @Corsair Art. How often you like to change those keyboard over and over again? 🙂 This is only costy for corsair and won't do any steps forward. The issue is real. And it is there - for long. Better is to tell us, if that is fixable or not. The keyboard is kinda new in my case. And i would like to know, if i should give it back or not. Depending on this is an hard- or software issue. Not fixing a bug in kinda 6 month is ridiculous, so i suspect it is an unfixable hardware issue? We pay money for your products and in this case it is not a 19,95$ Keyboard. So we need to know, if we need to live with that or give up on that keyboard. I bet, you will understand that?

8 hours ago, andreaz70 said:

(...) Not fixing a bug in kinda 6 month is ridiculous, (...)

First (reliably) reported instance of this bug (on the Corsair forums) was in August of 2022. I wish this had only been going on for 6 months.

12 hours ago, Corsair Art said:

-Art

I was finally able to create an RMA ticket a couple days after my post. The page would not load the form when "Warranty RMA (...)" was selected, was just completely blank.

• Corsair Employee
19 hours ago, andreaz70 said:

Heya, @Corsair Art. How often you like to change those keyboard over and over again? 🙂 This is only costy for corsair and won't do any steps forward. The issue is real. And it is there - for long. Better is to tell us, if that is fixable or not. The keyboard is kinda new in my case. And i would like to know, if i should give it back or not. Depending on this is an hard- or software issue. Not fixing a bug in kinda 6 month is ridiculous, so i suspect it is an unfixable hardware issue? We pay money for your products and in this case it is not a 19,95$ Keyboard. So we need to know, if we need to live with that or give up on that keyboard. I bet, you will understand that?

Sorry, but didn't understand most of that. If you do have a ticket open please PM it to me and I'll have it looked at.

-Art

11 hours ago, Evergrace said:

I was finally able to create an RMA ticket a couple days after my post. The page would not load the form when "Warranty RMA (...)" was selected, was just completely blank.

Could you PM it to me if you're not getting prompt responses?

3 hours ago, Corsair Art said:

Sorry, but didn't understand most of that. If you do have a ticket open please PM it to me and I'll have it looked at.

-Art

I don't get the sense exchanging a faulty keyboard for a faulty keyboard? The aftermath of that: The consumer still have a faulty keyboard. There is no sense in exchanging them over and over again?

6 minutes ago, andreaz70 said:

I don't get the sense exchanging a faulty keyboard for a faulty keyboard? The aftermath of that: The consumer still have a faulty keyboard. There is no sense in exchanging them over and over again?

Is corsair still in it finding that bug? Or is this done?

9 hours ago, GermanBernd said:

Und ich bin der Meinung das es nicht ok ist das diese Tastatur weiterhin verkauft wird.... 

Finde ich auch grenzwertig, Im deutschen Forum habe ich gelesen, jemand hatte diese Aussetzer nicht mehr, nachdem er das iCue Nexus abgesteckt hat. Das probiere ich gerade aus.

• Like 1

• Corsair Employee
20 hours ago, andreaz70 said:

Is corsair still in it finding that bug? Or is this done?

You'd have to submit a ticket and give me that number to get you help, I believe our validations team is still trying to recreate this to get it solved.