Corsair Community

iCue Stopped detecting GPU (Strix 3090) after latest Nvidia Geforce Driver Release 516.40

On 8/20/2022 at 12:16 PM, Theos25 said:

Does using this fix allow for plugins to work? Like wallpaper engine and Stream Deck? I tried running iCue as administrator on it's own and it kills plugins for some reason.

Just tried Bob1361's instructions for fixing this via a scheduled task (thanks - the instructions were very good), but this does disable the plugins in iCue, which means my wallpaper engine effects no longer work. It would be great if a fix could be released for this so everything just works as intended without having to try to find workarounds. 

If anyone has a solution for getting wallpaper engine to work with the scheduled task fix would be greatly appreciated.

9/10/2022

I had the same gpu detection issue and I just switched back to "GeForce Game Ready Driver - WHQL Driver Version: 512.95 - Release Date May 24, 2022 "  from the latest "August 09, 2022 516.94 Game Ready Drivers" and it did fix the detection issue. Hopefully on the next update the detection issue with Corsair is fixed. 

Il 9/11/2022 alle 4:13, RedLobos ha dichiarato:

9/10/2022

Ho avuto lo stesso problema di rilevamento della gpu e sono appena tornato a " GeForce  Game Ready Driver - WHQL Driver Version: 512.95 - Release Date May 24, 2022 " dall'ultimo "August 09, 2022 516.94 Game Ready Drivers" e ha risolto il problema problema di rilevamento. Si spera che con il prossimo aggiornamento il problema di rilevamento con Corsair sia risolto. 

the same goes for me, the only one at the moment is to keep the driver 512.95

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Asus Strix ROG 3080ti I updated to driver 517.48 now it's not showing up in ICUE, and  whats strange is ICUE shows my GPU in the sensors section showing temps its water cooled but wont show up in the Main Area like the Motherboard and other devices i have connected show up fine. Any Ideas? I could back up driver to 512 as everyone is but I don't understand why it's showing up in the sensor section and not the main page.

• Corsair Employee
3 hours ago, TigerSaw said:

I have a Asus Strix ROG 3080ti I updated to driver 517.48 now it's not showing up in ICUE, and  whats strange is ICUE shows my GPU in the sensors section showing temps its water cooled but wont show up in the Main Area like the Motherboard and other devices i have connected show up fine. Any Ideas? I could back up driver to 512 as everyone is but I don't understand why it's showing up in the sensor section and not the main page.

I believe you asked this on another thread, either way try running iCUE as administrator to see if that helps.

517.48 is part of the same driver series as the 516.xx group.  There is not going to be a change to the current state of affairs.  Use 512.xx if you don't need the new driver series for something specific or run as administrator each time to get around the elevated security levels.  

Bloody hopeless!

Does this mean we are stuck at 512.xx forever?

On 9/27/2022 at 9:20 PM, Corsair Raven said:

I believe you asked this on another thread, either way try running iCUE as administrator to see if that helps.

But plugins don't work (so no sync with wallpaper engine for me), so this isn't really a workable fix...

Any suggestions to get plugins to work if running as administrator, or can you give us any idea when software will be updated so software works as intended???

• Like 2

4 hours ago, EisVSGoldberg said:

not even updating icue to version 4.28.17 solves the problem?

Still the same for me at 4.28.177.  GPU doesn't show up on startup with iCUE, GPU comes back if you quit out of iCUE and run it as administrator. Then the GPU shows up again.  I'm about to do the startup file that was posted here that forces iCUE to run as administrator at start up, but I believe people have said iCUE connectivity with games and apps are broken? I don't have wallpaper engine or any games that use iCUE right now to test.

• 2 weeks later...

Seems iCUE 4.29.203 and Nvidia 522.25 updated and the GPU is back in iCUE for me now. 😀👍

• Like 2

On 10/13/2022 at 4:52 AM, SpabalinasDesign said:

Seems iCUE 4.29.203 and Nvidia 522.25 updated and the GPU is back in iCUE for me now. 😀👍

That is working, but the 522.25 drivers are having a lot of issues in games despite they are optimizing a lot DX12 games, map issue in CP2077, color issues in FH5 and so on, here is a post on reddit:

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/28/2022 at 9:21 AM, EisVSGoldberg said:

has anyone tried with the new 526.47 drivers? can they be used or give problems?

I just installed it, so far, haven't found any issues. But it's only been a few hours. So far, plug-ins working and showing my video card and motherboard and I'm able to switch between animations and colors

Good Morning.
I'm continuing to have issues.
As you can see above neither my MB (ASUS Rog Strix) nor the GPU (ASUS RTX 3070ti) doesn't show up.

Some times randomly it shows up untill i restart the pc. When i restart the pc then again i my MB and my GPU soesn't show up.
I have checked the iCue to run as administrator and i have closed and open it again and again but doesnt show up.
Armory Crate is always closed i have opened it to show you the devices.

I have installed Asus plugin and made a clear installation to iCue but nothing seems to work.

iCue: v 4.29.203
Nvidia: 526.47

Can anyone help me?

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_1.png

Edited by Pagio

Still having this issue.

iCUE Version: v.4.29.203

Nvidia Driver Version: 526.47

GPU: Rog Strix 3080 (White)

Been using AURA's old standalone version since this started months ago, found this thread today so I uninstalled all my AURA programs, reinstalled iCUE for a clean slate. My 3080 still isn't being picked up by iCUE on these updated versions. Do I need a plugin of some sort for my GPU?

I also tried running the iCUE.exe as admin and restarted and its still not showing up. I can just go back to using the old AURA program but I cant believe this is still an issue.

• Corsair Employee
13 hours ago, Pagio said:

Good Morning.
I'm continuing to have issues.
As you can see above neither my MB (ASUS Rog Strix) nor the GPU (ASUS RTX 3070ti) doesn't show up.

Some times randomly it shows up untill i restart the pc. When i restart the pc then again i my MB and my GPU soesn't show up.
I have checked the iCue to run as administrator and i have closed and open it again and again but doesnt show up.
Armory Crate is always closed i have opened it to show you the devices.

I have installed Asus plugin and made a clear installation to iCue but nothing seems to work.

iCue: v 4.29.203
Nvidia: 526.47

Can anyone help me?

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_1.png

Open your iCUE settings and make sure plugins are enabled.

image.png.5c0212ddad98483c12fe2e6caeced38e.png

11 minutes ago, Novakowski said:

Still having this issue.

iCUE Version: v.4.29.203

Nvidia Driver Version: 526.47

GPU: Rog Strix 3080 (White)

Been using AURA's old standalone version since this started months ago, found this thread today so I uninstalled all my AURA programs, reinstalled iCUE for a clean slate. My 3080 still isn't being picked up by iCUE on these updated versions. Do I need a plugin of some sort for my GPU?

I also tried running the iCUE.exe as admin and restarted and its still not showing up. I can just go back to using the old AURA program but I cant believe this is still an issue.

Do you have the latest version of Armoury Crate installed? And are you running the iCUE software as administrator?

9 minutes ago, Corsair Notepad said:

Open your iCUE settings and make sure plugins are enabled.

image.png.5c0212ddad98483c12fe2e6caeced38e.png

Do you have the latest version of Armoury Crate installed? And are you running the iCUE software as administrator?

I'm happy to say that downloading the AURA Sync Standalone & RBG Memory Plugin fixed the issue for me. Doesn't even require admin mode. Thank you!

• Corsair Employee
1 minute ago, Novakowski said:

I'm happy to say that downloading the AURA Sync Standalone & RBG Memory Plugin fixed the issue for me. Doesn't even require admin mode. Thank you!

The memory plugin has nothing to do with iCUE detecting Asus GPUs. That is for Corsair DRAM integration in the Asus Armoury Crate software.

10 minutes ago, Corsair Notepad said:

The memory plugin has nothing to do with iCUE detecting Asus GPUs. That is for Corsair DRAM integration in the Asus Armoury Crate software.

Interesting. The only other thing I did was reinstall the AURA Sync standalone program and restart. The only plugin I have installed for iCUE is the RGB Memory plugin and when I go to disable the use of plugins in iCUE it stops picking up my GPU until I turn it back on. 

Could it just be there's some innate compatibility between Aura Sync and iCUE?

Edited by Novakowski
Spellcheck / Grammar